Feedback- Walter De Veer.

Andrew S.

Gold Coast
The Qld. Management Committee would appreciate any feed back or suggestions from members of this site regarding a suitable method of selection for the Walter De Veer teams.

A number of methods have been used to select teams in the past,(some more successful than others) however the overall number of nominations has been disappointing. As this is a tournament where handicaps apply, we would prefer to keep the roll-offs on a handicap basis, however we will look at everything else. Please give us your ideas.
Thank you.
Andrew Shinnie.
icon_smile.gif

Andrew,

My name is nathan bryant i am actually a member of this years qld side, i would have to say better advertising leading up to the rolloffs would have to be a definite. Say maybe asking for a bit more support in that respect from local associations and perhaps offering benefits to those who can recruit a decent amount of bowlers. Perhaps also to skip the centre qualifyer (as only one centre had over selection quota anyway) and to have one zone roll off. Less money htat way and more people rolling off at once. I always like the competition of more. I dont hope to have an average that will let me in the team again but if i were to try out those are the changes i would suggest. By the way - first seven past the post is a must in the handicap ranks i reckon.

CYA
icon_smile.gif

Ps graham if u read this can i have IpswichSuperNads under my name?

Andrew,

The way we had for this and last year is the best way to get the team (1st 7 past the post), the way we had a few years ago (3 from the Southern Zone, 2 from Central and 2 from Northern) was giving certain areas armchair rides into the team (you know what I mean!!!!!!!!!!!). If the Centres and the Assocations could get behind the roll-offs would be a start (especially the Centres) as it's more lineage for them as well as more people (for us) trying to roll-off for the team.
Daniel.
icon_razz.gif

hi andrew

personally i dont think a roll off of 8 games in one day and in only one centre is the way to go
icon_rolleyes.gif

victoria have a great format and think it should be used here in qld,
27 games in total in 3 different centres.
first 9 games to bowled any time.
second and third 9 games to rolled in the bowlers respective city all events and state championships........maybe for far away centres the state championships 9 games could be managed a different way, but i,m sure you have the general idea.
i know we cant compare qld to other states cos of the distances between bowlers, but a format of some sort can come from this, a proven successful formula.
you would also see entries in the respective championships increase and bowlers will be more willing to then kill 2 birds with one stone using this a roll off format.

cheers
icon_smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom