Ed Fleming Lanes Goodbye Party

E

edfleminglanes

Ed Fleming Lanes would like to invite all previous Bowlers and staff to a farewell party on Sunday 15th July commencing 5.00pm - Close. :confused: Special game rate of $3.00 per game.Only 16 lanes available as 12 lanes have already been de-commissioned. This will be the last time anyone will be able to bowl at EFL. So book your lanes NOW.:eek:
Be part of EFL proud history and come down and have a farewell drink to a centre rich in Tenpin Bowling History. Everyone is welcomed and maybe you will catch up with a few old bowling mates.:(
Just ring (97260333)and book your lanes or come on down and say goodbye:( :(

I see you are celebrating my 50th birthday with a big bang, Joe.:woot_jump: :telletubbies: :marsa37:
Thanks I'll be there.

Sad to say it but yes the bowl is now cast to history. I must say that I was disappointed to see only one other serious competitive bowler show up on Sunday to wish Joe and his staff well in their future plans.
All the support Ed Fleming lanes has provided to us over the years and yet you couldn't spare a short period of time to pay some respects to the bowl and its staff.
Now I don't have to wonder why we don't get support from other centres if that is how fickle bowlers really are.

Sad to say it but yes the bowl is now cast to history. I must say that I was disappointed to see only one other serious competitive bowler show up on Sunday to wish Joe and his staff well in their future plans.
All the support Ed Fleming lanes has provided to us over the years and yet you couldn't spare a short period of time to pay some respects to the bowl and its staff.
Now I don't have to wonder why we don't get support from other centres if that is how fickle bowlers really are.

Not been rude but maybe some people have plans on a sunday or during weekend or just spend time with family i would of come but i was to busy resting after a weekend of bowling.

Terry, how do you know that other bowlers did not say something at another time to Joe & the staff. A large number of the bowlers where there for a tournament only 2 weeks ago.

I was there last night and was extremely sad when i walked out those doors for the last time after bowling in this great centre for the last 15 or 16 years
( can't quite remember when we started ). When Bull Terriers Split and the majority of bowlers left box hill ( also departed ) and went to ed fleming it became home, not only for our league but for many others. Its been great bowling in twilight league ,112 bowlers on a monday night ,a waiting list just to get into a team let alone put in a team.Bowling in scratch singles and mixing it with some of the best bowlers in the country and of course making the emerson shield team and representing ed fleming lanes in a truely great competition.
It is also the place where i started my coaching because of the amount of juniors that bowled there and being asked to coach 53 juniors at nationals is also a great highlight that i will take from this centre.
Yes its sad the melbourne cup has to find a new home and the history is gone but the real sadness is all the bowlers who went there once or twice a week to do something they loved and called the place home.
Those people like me will take those memories and move on, but the sadness of losing a great bowling centre is still there.

To Joe, Robyn, the managers before them and all the staff now and in the past ,

Thanks for the good times, fun times and the Memories.

Ross

Back
Top Bottom