Ebonite Enduro 88

Hello Andrew,

I have a couple of bowlers interested, but the top heavy payouts are a bit of a concern combined with the cost of getting there. But it does spound like a great tournament.

Could you possibly post a squad listing to see who is attending.

Thanks,

Edi

EE88

Hi edi

How's things in VIC?

thanks for the feedback - have about 14 enrolled so far George F Jason B and a few others form OZ and Auckland. We have a series of play offs around NZ over this month. Re the high payouts - I did talk to a few OZ bowlers and decided that with airfares around A$450 return and accomodation for 3 nights we needed higher payouts for the top 14 with the 14th breaking about even! It's called the EE 88 because the field is limited to 88 bowlers - and with 25% going thru to the masters and then 70% in the money we thought that would attract a core group every year. Also - about time NZ put up some real cash - hope to see some VIC bowlers giving the NSW and QLD bowlers a go - PS we have a few Kiwi women interested to join - be good to see a female winner!
See you at a ABPA do regards Andrew

Werribee said:
Hello Andrew,

I have a couple of bowlers interested, but the top heavy payouts are a bit of a concern combined with the cost of getting there. But it does spound like a great tournament.

Could you possibly post a squad listing to see who is attending.

Thanks,

Edi

Edi,

The cost to get to NZ is extremly small compared to any other INTERNATIONAL event i have ever been too....
Flights anywhere else in the world eg: Asia start at $1200, i have just paid for a flight that covers Middle east, Europe and Asia and with out the cost of accomadation or entries or food im looking $3780 in the red before i even land....... $450 for a flight internationally is great value, i think !!!!!

For an up coming JNR, this is the perfect foot step in international competetion. Cheap, high quality field and huge ammounts of expericance that can't be bought is perfect for anyone of the people you know who might like to come!

I think the payout is fair to all....lets hope Andrew gets his 88!

Jason Belmonte

Jason.

I was just passing on comments from others, it wasn't necesarily my opinion. My son may be playing basketball in Hawaii this year and he won't be playing for money... just love of the game and perhaps a medal- so I realise there is more to sport than making your money back.

But in all fairness if Andrew doesn't receive any feedback from prospective bowlers how can he guage public reaction and also whether he needs to (a) keep things as is for next year or (b) distribute the prize fund further down. It's always better to be upfront with comments.

I commend Andrew for putting a tournament of this calibre together and (having met Andrew) I know he will know it wasn't a criticism.

Edi

Werribee said:
Jason.

I was just passing on comments from others, it wasn't necesarily my opinion. My son may be playing basketball in Hawaii this year and he won't be playing for money... just love of the game and perhaps a medal- so I realise there is more to sport than making your money back.

Edi

Edi.
You asked the question about top heavy pay outs and the concern of COST's by your bowlers in your first post....i was jsut answering it, honestly.... like you i think bowling is more about how many wins than how muh money you make...but you still need $ to win titles :) (travel expenses) catch 22 huh haha

Hope to see you soon

Belmo

HI Guys,

Are you able to advise if entries can still be taken for this event.

If so will fax across entry forms for 2 people later this week, and arrange the flights and accomodation over the next week as well.

Just let us via the forum.

Thanks Heaps

Lance Dyer

Xpense

I believe that they are still taking entries. Not sure how many entries they have to date. I will try and get a squad list for posting on here over the next couple of days.

any chance of getting a squad listing & will NZ take late entries or not !!!
would be nice to know one way or not.

Like I said, I believe that the centre is still taking entries. The contact details to enter this tournament are above in this thread.

The centre manager has been away for a month and is just getting back on top of things. I would expect that squad listings will be posted soon.

EE88 40 Entrants to date - 5 weeks to go!

Hi Entrants to the EE88

Sorry about the delay - now back in NZ and have high speed internet assess- Here is a list as of today of the 40 who are confirmed coming.

Christopher Thomas ACT, Paul Trotter VIC, George Frilingos QLD, Jason Waters AK, Bryce Andrews AK, Shane Tunnah SA, Brandon Qualischefski QLD, Tony Lum AK, Danny Jamieson WGTN, Julianne Molliett AK, Phil Wright AK, David Davies AK, Ivena Heald WGTN, Allan Heald WGTN, Joshua Smaha WGTN, Michael Holden VIC, Patrick Chan AK, Pete Richardson AK, Graham Dyer CHCH, Adam Lack QLD, Joel Lovegrove VIC, Adrian Judd AK, Ben Wood CHCH, Kurt Sturgess CHCH, Craig Nevatt AK, Keith Rankin INVER, Nathan Sixtus CHCH, Fred Housham AK, Dion Leslie WGTN, Nathan Berry WGTN, Michael Zentveld QLD, Jarrod Lean NSW, Lance Dyer NSW, Tanya Steele NSW, Graeme Finn WGTN, Ken Powe WGTN, Kerry McKenzie WGTN, Jason Belmonte NSW.

If you wish to join up - just email [email protected] for details as we are taking late entries (limited field of 88 ) Check out full entry and Ebonite sponsorship on www.gardencitybowl.co.nz

If your name doesn't appear and it ought to let me know by email - thanks lot - Oh - and I'm loading all your emails into Outlook directly and will update entrants on the "state on play" leading up to the tournament.

So expect a sqaud listing next week - so far all requests can be meet, and most Australians opting for the latter start on Friday because of late flights on Thursday night.

Andrew Gunn - Garden City Bowl Director

Dear NZ and Aussie Bowlers - this is the very last week to enter the $16,600 tournament in Christchurch NZ next week. If you'd like to make a late entry please email [email protected] by friday with your entry.
We have over 40 confirmed entrants - a disasppointing number for such a large prize pool, and with payouts from 1st ($4,000) to 14th place ($640) its rich pickings. call me if you have any enquiries +64 21684355 Andrew Gunn Garden City Bowl

Back
Top Bottom