Ebonite Enduro 88 - New Zealand

farma

PRESS RELEASE

December 9(superscript: th) 2005

Christchurch, New Zealand

Record NZ$4,000 for winner of tenpin tournament

Garden City Bowl released today the details of it's 'Ebonite Enduro 88' tournament which provides a guaranteed prizepool of NZ$16,600 and an Australasian record of NZ$4,000 for the tournament winner.

The tournament, held in Christchurch New Zealand May 20-22 2005, is open to elite bowlers from both Australiaand New Zealand. Players must have an average over 180 to compete. The name Enduro '88' refers to the fact the tournament's format is both demanding and limited to 88 bowlers.

Mr Mike Quitter, Vice President of Ebonite International Inc. USA, has lent major corporate weight behind the tournament with substantial cash and gifts from Ebonite for high games and perfect 300 games played over the course of the 2 ½ day  tournament.

There has been a lot of interest from bowlers "over the ditch" to come to New Zealandfor a seriously competitive tournament. The Canterburyregion, with its many natural attractions, provides a premium destination for the sports-visitor

"With airfares to New Zealand similar to domestic Australian fares there ought to be strong interest from top bowlers in Australia"  believes Mr Andrew Gunn, owner of Garden City Bowl.  "I've owned the 24-lane centre for 13 years and we thought it time to invest in a large prize-pool to attract Aucklanders, North Islanders and our Trans-Tasman friends to Canterbury. We're thinking more internationally about competitive tenpin bowling"

This exclusive field of players will compete for the Enduro Cup by playing 20 qualifying games over 2 days.  Only the top 20 then get to complete Sunday in the Bronze Masters and then it quickly gets eliminated to the top 8 bowlers in the Silver Masters and finally the top 4 go through to the Gold Masters.

Centre enquiries to Andrew Gunn Managing Director Garden City Bowl

Phone 64 3 3663323 fax 64 3 3793327 mobile 64 21684355

[email protected]

Full tournament entry forms, tourist information & rules

www.gardencitybowl.co.nz

http://gardencitybowl.co.nz/xurl/PageID/12154/content.html

Sponsors website

www.ebonite.com

[email protected]

Acommodation in Chch - ebonite 88

Had a few calls from Aus on accomodation for this tournament (May20-22)
looking at getting some info posted re shared 2-bedrooom places close to Garden City Bowl. Looks about NZ$45 per night so quite cheap

Would someone be able to advise how many entries this tournament has at the moment ?

Thanks

Jez

I'm trying to obtain a squad listing at the moment. I will post it here, if and when I get one.

Cheers

R u taking late entries ???
Where are the squad listings.
Are you having trouble getting entries is that why u are not showing a current listing!!!

EE88 - entrants to April 12th 2005

Hi Entrants to the EE88

Sorry about the delay - now back in NZ and have jetsteam assess- Here is a list as of today of the 40 who are confirmed coming.

Christopher Thomas ACT, Paul Trotter VIC, George Frilingos QLD, Jason Waters AK, Bryce Andrews AK, Shane Tunnah SA, Brandon Qualischefski QLD, Tony Lum AK, Danny Jamieson WGTN, Julianne Molliett AK, Phil Wright AK, David Davies AK, Ivena Heald WGTN, Allan Heald WGTN, Joshua Smaha WGTN, Michael Holden VIC, Patrick Chan AK, Pete Richardson AK, Graham Dyer CHCH, Adam Lack QLD, Joel Lovegrove VIC, Adrian Judd AK, Ben Wood CHCH, Kurt Sturgess CHCH, Craig Nevatt AK, Keith Rankin INVER, Nathan Sixtus CHCH, Fred Housham AK, Dion Leslie WGTN, Nathan Berry WGTN, Michael Zentveld QLD, Jarrod Lean NSW, Lance Dyer NSW, Tanya Steele NSW, Graeme Finn WGTN, Ken Powe WGTN, Kerry McKenzie WGTN, Jason Belmonte NSW.

If you wish to join up - just email [email protected] for details as we are taking late entries (limited field of 88)

If your name doesn't appear and it ought to let me know by email - thanks lot - Oh - and I'm loading all your emails into Outlook directly and will update entrants on the "state on play" leading up to the tournament.

So expect a sqaud listing next week - so far all requests can be meet, and most Australians opting for the latter start on Friday because of late flights on Thursday night.

Andrew Gunn - Garden City Bowl Director :D

Ebonite Enduro 88 - Last chance

Dear NZ and Aussie Bowlers - this is the very last week to enter the $16,600 tournament in Christchurch NZ next week. If you'd like to make a late entry please email [email protected] by friday with your entry.
We have over 40 confirmed entrants - and thanks to all who have entered - this number is a disasppointing number for such a large prize pool, and with payouts of $4,000 for 1st to 14th place ($640) its rich pickings. call me if you have any enquiries +64 21684355 Andrew Gunn Garden City Bowl

It's a shame to see this tournament hasn't got higher numbers. I would have loved to have gone if not for the uni assignments and all that, but that's a price I have to pay. Unfortunately.

Andrew, it is my hope that this tournament runs well and smoothly for you and the centre, and I hope that you will put the tournament on again next year. Hopefully the bowlers that make the trip over this time will have a great time, and come back and recommend it to everyone back here so that hopefully more people will make the trip over for it next year. It would be good if I could actually go next time. It's been 9 years since I was last there and I am keen to see the place again. It's a great place. And in case anyone is wondering, no, NZ is not still stuck in the dark ages. They just have a lot of sheep so I hope you like lamb.

Cheers and good luck with the tournament.

Back
Top Bottom