Dunn Shield Teams 2007

I agree, there is no need for a re oil

I can not remember this happening before in sheild, can any one else remember if there has been a re oil?

Brad

One of the great challenges of Dunn Shield has always been trying to find a shot late in the day when the lanes are fried. That's when the true skill of Dunn Shield bowling is tested.
Re-oiling when there's only 6 games each day is soft!
Graeme

IS THERE ANYONE KNOWS WHO THEY'RE PLAYING WITH AGAINST THIS WEEKEND AT MOORABIN. IF SO CAN YOU PLEASED POST IT SO WE CAN HAVE A LOOK. TNX:confused:

CHEERS
ROMIE G.

Boronia play Forrest Hill in game 1, day one. And on day 2 game one Boronia play Knox.

Only one more week :)

Call me soft...but I think a re-oil is a fantastic idea...it allows time for all players to have a lunch break ...it also will bring less risk of injury...i still remember bowling on the Frankston dessert and trying to recover from the wrist and shoulder injury afterwards it took more than two weeks and wasn't alot of fun....and not to mention we usually finish bowling at around 3-4pm
it's too early to get together for a team dinner anywhere and who can be stuffed waiting around for a couple of hours...we tend to just give it a miss...it really isn't just 6 games that are bowled it's 30...i see your point craig but when you have to revert to using your spare or plastic ball not alot of skill is needed....I think it's a great idea and it should have been implemented years ago..
Just my two cents worth
Mez;)

All Dunn Shield Bowlers

The decision has been made that there will be no oiling after 3 games during Dunn & Junior Shield. The only oiling will be prior to the commencement of play each day.

Last year at Sunshine was an anomaly (the machine was old, and it broke down).

Part of the challenge of shield is to see which teams can adapt to the changing conditions.

See you at Moorabbin.

Brett Best
AMF National Tournament Director

Hi Brett,

I thought in the rules that the lanes were being oiled and having a lunch break.

Alan

Well Brett,

I for one am really sad to hear that and as a direct result of this, as captain of the Dandenong Ladies team i'm afraid i am going to have to withdraw from the competition...as most of you know i am pregnant and there is no way i am going to risk an injury it's just not worth it...good luck to the two other women who also are pregnant and competeing...I hope that you can adapt to the conditions...i'm just not that good...and i believe thats what this tourny is all about.

P.S. Sumo would you be kind enough to make the necessary changes to our line up and include Rhonda Hebbard and remove me.

Cheers Mary

Mary
You are that good but health comes first and the baby must come before bowling .Hope all is well. See you on the weekend.
I thought team events like dunn shield was about the fun of bowling together,getting to now others that you would never meet normally. Not like there is big dollars up for grabs.

jason

Hi Brett,

I was wandering if we are not having a lunch break, why did I receive a letter from Phil stating in his words that
To all Dunn Shield Bowlers.....
"THIS YEAR WE ARE TAKING A SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT FORM WITH US HAVING A LUNCH BREAK FROM APPROX 11.30am TO 12.30pm WHILST WE RE OIL THE LANES. THIS ALSO GIVES US A CHANCE TO REGROUP AND HAVE LUNCH TOGETHER".
Can you please explain this. I for one don't understand, why do we get told one thing and yet someone else says something different. :confused::confused:
Barb

As not all teams agreed with the oiling half way through the day, it was decided that we revert to the original format of the Dunn Shield. The only way the oiling could happen is if all teams agreed. To date there are quite a few teams who disagree with oiling. I know this decision does not please some teams, but it also pleases other teams. There will be no lunch break during the day. The format will be the same as last year.

PS On day 2 there will 1 minutes silence to observe Remembrance Day at 11am.

Brett

As not all teams agreed with the oiling half way through the day, it was decided that we revert to the original format of the Dunn Shield. The only way the oiling could happen is if all teams agreed. To date there are quite a few teams who disagree with oiling. I know this decision does not please some teams, but it also pleases other teams. There will be no lunch break during the day. The format will be the same as last year.

Brett

Well any chance which teams said no cause from what i know forest hill werent even told about it only a few of the bowlers new about it so it's interesting to see who said no to the re-oil. Sounds like i'm been an ***** but i not i'm just wondering thats all.

See you all Saturday.

Brett,

I just find it a little interesting that you say that there were quite a few teams that disagreed on the re-oiling.
I know of a few that wanted the re-oiling & the break...

So why wasn't there a vote on in? So ALL teams could've had a say in it & not only a Few of them...

That would've been the more fairer way of doing it dont you think?

It's just a shame that Mary now has to pull out because it's too much of a risk on the baby.
Dont worry Mez, we will go out & WIN it for you... :groupwave:

See you all on Saturday morning.

Jenny ;)

It's all good Jen...I have no doubt Dandy will do extremely well whatever the conditions are...with or with out me there...such is the depth and quality of our teams...I guess i'm just a little disappointed that Brett has decided to make this decision based on a few bowlers and not really consulting every center to get a majority ruling...as you can see some centers weren't even aware there was even going to be a lunch break and a re-oil...no point in winging about it i guess...looks like minds are made up...i will still be there to cheer you all on...good luck to all teams competeing on the weekend...may the best team win.:)

I think No break and No oiling is better. that way we finish earlier and still have the rest of the afternoon to do stuff.

Frosty:rolleyes:

As I have previously posted, as not ALL teams have agreed to the oiling, it was decided to revert to the original format, which is an oil at the begining of each day. The only way that an oil could occur is if all teams agreed to it.

Yes, it is sad and dissapointing that Mary is not bowling on the weekend, but her decision is for her health and that of the baby, which I fully understand and agree with.

As I have said, this decision pleases some and not others. This decisions was not made because I agree or dissagree with oiling, but because it is not UNANIMOUS from the teams that we should oil.

Thanks

Brett

Back
Top Bottom