Dunn Shield Teams 2007

What i would like to see is the people that make up the rules ie AMF to put a copy out to each centre instead of flying by the seat of pants like every year.
I said earlier in the year get a sub committee together with AMF and set the rules and that includes trying out for a number of different centres etc and roll of dates, I have been in volved in Dunn Shield for a while and not once have i seen a set of rules. We get the hand book which gives you a guide to how the tournament is run, you need to pull your head out of the sand and dont bow to a few bowlers who prefer drying lanes. Solution to all this call a Captains & Managers meeting Saturday morning decide then when all teams are present and then Brett you can hand out the Rules for Dunn Shield.

Good Luck to all on the weekend " GO MOORABBIN " Paul Bast ( Bastie )

Whatever happens...........happens. Just to throw a spanner in the works I can remember the first couple of times I bowled shield there was a lunch break, (definitely), & I'm pretty sure a re-oil but that was back in the late 80's. Different conditions & equipment to these days but if that's not going to happen why not start 1 hour later?

According to Lisa our centre manager, this years team got to be one of the best ever.
Go Amf Knox :thumbup:
Alex

Sorry but this had to come up got nothing against you guys but no hard feelings but if it was one of there best team's (EVER) how come they finished bottom? Care to explain what happened. Just for laughs

Sorry but this had to come up got nothing against you guys but no hard feelings but if it was one of there best team's (EVER) how come they finished bottom? Care to explain what happened. Just for laughs
We whipped your "B" team didn't we Chris :D
Alex

I`ll take the blame for my 7 games of rubbish that I bowled.
never bowled so poorly in all my times of doing dunn shield.
so I do apologize for dragging the team down for those games,
it my not have made alot of difference to the outcome of where we finished,
but for me , (oh the shame of it all) at least for my bowling anyway.:(

Lighten up will you. You weren't well yesterday you stuffed your knee as well and you weren't going to bowl but the emergency for the mens side didnt turn up. I think you did pretty well to ave what you did and stay in the 7 games you bowled with your knee and then not feeling well yesterday. It's a team sport and i must say everyone knows Knox is not a strong side but the men and women did what they could over the two days.

BRING ON DUNN SHIELD AT KNOX IN 2008!

And Chris i didnt see forest hill in the top 3 so maybe you should worry about your own team for next year and leave Knox alone.

I`ll take the blame for my 7 games of rubbish that I bowled.
never bowled so poorly in all my times of doing dunn shield.
so I do apologize for dragging the team down for those games,
it my not have made alot of difference to the outcome of where we finished,
but for me , (oh the shame of it all) at least for my bowling anyway.:(
Don't worry mate, we are all very proud of you :)
Alex

Hey Trev
Nevermind what happened over the weekend, you did the best you could under the situation given. The most important thing is you gave it your best shot and gave the team what it wouldn't have had, had you not been been there. As has been said by most other posters on this thread and in the comgratulatory comments every thanks their team, remember it is a teams tournament. I applaud you for rocking up and giving it your best shot and to all the bowlers who competed over the weekend whether you finished first or last bowling is the winner when we all get together and compete in tournaments like this, WELL DONE to ALL and I will haopefully see you all next year. And dont dorget that the Junior Event is coming up in 4 weeks time so get down to sunshine and support your respective junior teams.

Matthew Lambrick

Well said Matt. It's a Team event and everyone played a big part in making this competition a success. I think without the bottom teams, there won't be a Dunn Shield. They rock up year after year to compete against the mighty teams that can send two teams and still beat them.
Our team captain Gary been screaming for a fairer point system like the Rachuig to make it a more fairer competition. He reckons it will give the middle teams a better shot at the top. If it works for Rachuig, it should work for Dunn Shield :)
I would also like to congratulate Dandy team. What a team to admire. You guys are just superb to watch. Well done also to Trotts for his 300 game. Also to Frankston for their witty sportsmenship. We bowled 1000 plus against them and still lost. Well done guys. And to Toothy who always brings the best in us.... all done in the spirit of the game ;)
Regards,
Alex

Back
Top Bottom