Dry Lanes

The lanes at Shoalhaven were bad...but not as bad as they could have been.
All you had to do was bounce ya ball off 3 board :p (and thats assuming you moved about 3 boards left after each game lol)

Worst i have ever seen was windsor and Mt Druitt was bad during intercentre when i bowled it but yeah thats my 2

Dryest I ever played on was a league night at Moonah back in the late 90's when they had no oil at all on the league lanes.
The alarm bells rang during instructomat when no one kept a ball on the lanes in the first five minutes after they were switched on...LOL
Half hour to forty minute delay while the lanes oiled until we could bowl.

Also Moonah before they put the plastics in, when the lacquer was badly peeled between 10 & 10 on either side, it looked like a cricket pitch and played like one.

Kirwan in Townsville was bone dry during the Junior Nationals up there back in '92, I remember taking the 4-7 off the rack on my first shot in the place in Teams. Used a 14lb Synbad back then, and despite hurling it at great speed still couldn't control it.

the driest i have ever bowled on would have to be rocky about 6 yrs ago, i bowled brendan heathwood at the top of his game any where else he would have killed me but i won 103-99 over warnie they were dry that year

last year was plenty of oil compared to others, it couldnt have been that hard i out averaged everyone last year so i was happy. 190+ average for 26 games i am pretty proud of myself. amf over school holidays is quite bad as well as they are only allowed to oil once a week.

other than that not to many places are considered dry unless the ball hooks at the arrows, i have only bowled at a few of them thats gotta suck when u normally hook the ball coast to coast anyway so watching it break at the arrows was hard but its always fun to bowl on dry lanes.

faggy

I know a bowl thats pretty bad on the dry side.. At kempsey not only is it dry and no oil but they dont clean there lanes and ur ball no matter wat colour it is ends up covered it black grease and grime its terrible.

That would have been when we still had Odin pinsetters. Since then they have upgraded to 82-90XL's. I was a Tech there for 15 years and can tell you that the lanes did get cleaned when I was working there.

4 days without an oiling machine was fun. Could not get the ball 20ft down the lane before it was on the other side of the lane. Packed up and went home after 4 frames LOL

Back
Top Bottom