Dry Lanes

B

Blackman

Hey guys

Ever bowled on really dry lanes i mean lanes dat havent been oiled 4 at least 2 days?

One of me m8s did it was so bad he had to pull out his Plastic ball.
Just wanna kno who else has had to do this?

Its ok he ended up bowling a 234 wid his Columbia 300 White Dot :p

CYA L8R
Henri P

Most of u know strazz, well in rocky using an old Rhino, throwing it over the capping out as far as he could and it was hard to keep it in the pocket!
I stand 40ish and put it through 15 and i struggle to keep it in the pocket, using a V2 dry and a plastic! But hey, thats a part of shield and it would suck any other way!
Hamish

Strikezone gets a bit dry in the Christmas holidays and i always seem to Columbia White Dot, but i think the worst i've bowled at was Mt.Druitt one time for Sydney Intercentre. Soare ballds didn't work which really sucked, and i would try every shot in the book. I think the left hand side was only dry, but the furthest to the left i could stand was about 25 board to hit pocket. 5 board was dead as, and i tried nearly every shot in the book. Stood 40 board a few times and got in the pocket but left a 7-10. It was a shocker. :?

Hamish, Also add that Strazz was bowling as fast as he could, whick would probably be pushing 40 k/h :shock:

Yeh, dry lanes suck but its part and parcel of the game...
Shoalhaven is bad...very bad...not a fan of that centre...actually, Im not sure anyone is!

anyone been to dubbo? ahaha.

we go there every couple of months for a pennants comp we do, they dont use much oil there. anyways freshly oiled they are as dry as anything, then as the day goes on it gets worse and worse.

its good to play in places that are hard though, it makes other places seem easyer.

Rockhampton Squash Bowl its so hard and unpredictable and its the dryest lanes ive ever bowled and probably wont bowl on any dryer than that!

well in the school holidays i think it was once or maybe before i went to have a casual bowl on the lanes just before they would be oiled and my ball didnt hit the pocket at all i mean i tried 35-10 with a brunswick hurricane and it over reacted to the 2 pin.Also when it was approaching about 7 metres down the lane or something the ball started to shake so im not sure about that one.Anywayz then they moved me to oiled lanes and shot 205 :lol:

LATER :twisted:

josh from orange said:
anyone been to dubbo? ahaha.

we go there every couple of months for a pennants comp we do, they dont use much oil there. anyways freshly oiled they are as dry as anything, then as the day goes on it gets worse and worse.

its good to play in places that are hard though, it makes other places seem easyer.

I bowled there...unbelievable :shock: They asked me if I wanted to join a league, even though I bowled really bad :? I thought Dubbo might have been a bit oilier these days

Bubyee

Rowey :p

rocky may be hard and everything else but it is a great experience and it does make you appreciate your "home" centres even more... plus a fair few jnrs did bowl really well there this year and did adapt to the conditions...!

If you think Dubbo is bad, then maybe you should try Bathurst, i stuggle to keep a plastic ball on their lanes let alone a reactive, im going there in 2 weeks, i bet ya low scores

The dryest place I've ever been to was Tweed Heads.

The day we went there the lanes has just finished been oiled, those who know me know I don't throw a HUGE hook ball, but never the less, I was standing my usual 20 board, throwing 10-15, and as soon as my ball hit the end of the oil it went straight across into the other side gutter.

I had to end up standing on the last dot on the right throwing 10 board and still managing to just take Brooklyn.

Toshio

when i come across dry lanes, i use my power groove reactive, bowled a couple of 200's with it on dry lanes, and i get massive hook as well but yeh

ok its already been mentioned.... BUT ROCKHAMPTON!!! if anyone wants to try dry lanes.. bowl the rockhampton jnr shield in january!!!!! FAIR OUT! oil evaporates during practice its shocking!!! hopefully in the next few years they up grade there aircon:p

Its Gympie for me i was there just after they oiled, the 1st 10 boards had no oil im thinking they cut 10 inches of the wick on that old centry 100.... :p

Back
Top Bottom