Devonport Junior Masters

The annual Devonport open and restricted masters were held during the weekend.

The restricted event was bowled on Saturday, 23rd.
This is held as a handicap tournament to fall in line with restricted masters bowled at the national level.
Bowlers of all averages contested the event.

Only 12 pins ended up seperating the top 3 boys.
Newcomer to tournament bowling, Shane Ashlin of Hobart took out first place from Aiden Stone of Devonport and Steven Diprose also from Devonport.

The girls restricted also came down to the last game.
Mel Collins from Hobart was first, closely followed by Lisa Criggie of Devonport and Kara Bunting from Launceston.

Placing - Bowler - Hadicap Pinfall
1st - Shane Ashlin - 995
2nd - Aiden Stone - 984
3rd - Steven Diprose - 983
4th - John Russell - 908
5th - Stephen Hayes - 849
6th - Chris Benwell - 817
7th - MarshCollins - 767
8th - Philip Ashlin - 740

1st - Mel Collins - 968
2nd - Lisa Criggie - 961
3rd - Kara Bunting - 954
4th - Anita Brunacci - 823
5th - Stacey Dare - 808

The Open Masters contained all of the Tassie Shield team.
Devonport proved once again to be one of the lowest scoring centres in Australia, with accuracy and sparing at a premium.
Both the boys and girls came down to the last game before a clear result was obtained.

Emma Tubb from Launceston took first place by 6 pins from Sara Hyland of Devonport, with Amy Furly, also from Devonport taking third place.
AS was the case in the majority of junior events held last year, the girls top place getters out averaged the boys.

The boys was taken out by first year team member Jarrod McCarthy, with Launceston's Dave Cavanagh finishing strongly for second, and another first year team member, Adam Reeve of Burnie filling third place.

Placing - Bowler - Pinfall - Average
1st - Emma Tubb - 1402 - 175.3
2nd - Sara Hyland - 1396 - 174.5
3rd - Amy Furley - 1266 - 158.3
4th - Anita Brunacci - 1259 - 157.4
5th - Stacey Dare - 1223 - 152.9
6th - Kara Bunting - 1076 - 134.5
7th - Mel Collins - 1020 - 127.5

1st - Jarrod McCarthy - 1387 - 173.4
2nd - Dave Cavanagh - 1363 - 170.4
3rd - Adam Reeve - 1324 - 165.5
4th - Nathan Young - 1296 - 162
5th - Damian Crick - 1255 - 156.9
6th - Ben Harris - 1250 - 156.3
7th - Philip Ashlin - 1234 - 154.3
8th - Dan Bunting - 1233 - 154.1

A special thankyou must go to the D.T.B.A. committee, who as always did a fantasic job running the tournament.

I think the scores say it all
icon_sad.gif

Thankgod that was my last devonport as a junior
icon_wink.gif

lol

well done to those who won, wish i had the time and money to get up there and bowl although i probably would have went crap but it still would have been good to bowl in a challenging centre. well done once again
peace

Brett, I would have got the results up quicker than you
icon_wink.gif
lol.

Congratulations go out to Jarrod on his first masters win. It was deserved and I knew I should have put my money on you! lol.

Also well done to Emma and Sara on again out-averaging all the boys. Sara did extremely well to get back that close after Emma had an early lead and they both kept their heads under the pressure.

It was a tough condition and they both bowled well. Em, I am still waiting for my cut
icon_biggrin.gif

.. And I am waiting for my Coach of the Year Trophy!!

*Be the Strike*

PS. Dave had a come back 2 like Sara did.
PPS. Feel the Strike
icon_biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom