Country Cup 2012

I said Country Cup was dead. Its good to be proven wrong. Hope this is just not a one off.

Deano

Mens odds

Evens - Shepparton
Shepp - as long as the whole team makes the step up then they WONT lose. ****WOW, COULD HAVE MADE A FORTUNE ON THIS****

2-1 - Warnnambool
Warrnambool can be related to black caviar.. put them over 1200 and they cant lose.. however over 2800 they would have no chance.. too bad ccup is like a 2800 race. Home center advantage.

3 - 1 - Geelong
Geelong- ehhh boring! used to seeing them medal with no gold... chokers??? however big chance being reigning champs.

5 - 1 - Latrobe
Latrobe focus on insults too much.. maybe if they focused more on they're own game they would be at shorter odds. ****WISH I HAD HAVE READ THIS NOW BEFORE TURNING THE COMPUTER OFF THE WEEK BEFORE AND NOT READING ANYTHING!!! THEN I WOULD HAVE ACTUALLY SAID SOME S**T****

6 - 1 - Mildura
Mildura-reigning mens champs?? thats not something to be taken lightly.. however, a wise man once told me.. no deano no sunraisia.. lets see if that plays true. p.s it wasn't hammer.

7 - 1 - Colac
Colac- solid team.. only an hour down the road. merv full recovery. however,..... 'colac'..........

9 - 1 - Albury
Albury- bowl on wood lanes.. so wont be used to a bit of area at warrnambool.. however has the record levels of rain clouded their ability??

15 - 1 - Bendigo
Bendigo-new faces? definately a dark horse!!! although.. with new bowlers comes the league curse.. will they last more than 3 games?

100 - 1 - Wodonga
G.V.S would fit in well.

?? - 1 - Ballarat
Ballarat- apologies.. in trying to calculte accurate odds for this team... i realised.. the odds do not fit in my calculator.. so sorry.. no odds for ballarat.

Chubba and dwayneo..

Sunraysia at 6-1..... I like those odds. Easy win = Easy Money. *Not so Easy??*

Don't think he fell over at all. Yet another first for CCUP.
Hey! Enough of that, was just lucky that when puting the ball almost straight into the gutter before the dots, and almost going face first it was on lane 10 and no one saw!

All Stars
Women L-R Wendy Thompson 195.86, Sam Murphy 196.22, Kel Jones 198.35, Selina Threfall 198.16, Nicole Bree 197.86

Men L-R Mark Woodyatt 210.29, Andrew Carmichael 208.61, Jackson Gamble 208.53, Jason Motta 205.57, James Owen 205.42

Carmers & Jacko........ Most excited blokes around???? Check out the photo from earlier to see what i mean!

hey guy's I know this isn't the thread i need to ask this but couldnt find what i was looking for. My question is if a bowler bowls in two centres in the same city but is sanctioned in one centre that doesn't bowl country cup but bowls in the centre that does aswell why cant they try out for the team at end of the day pay same money as everyone else but cant try out for the team. I couldnt find the rule book so thought i would ask everyone here.

Cheers
Michael O'Keefe

Hi Michael,
The following is the rule on participation:

3. TEAM PLAYERS & OFFICIALS

(a) Each team player must be a registered member, in good standing, of the local association or registered bowling centre they are representing. They will represent the first centre/country association they are registered with and must not reside within a 60 kilometre radius of the Melbourne area.
(b) Team players must live in country Victoria (or Albury) for a period of at least six (6) months prior to the tournament.
(c) Team players must have played on a weekly basis in a recognised TBA league within the local association they wish to represent for at least six (6) months prior to the tournament.
(d) Exemption to these rules must be applied for in writing to the Board, listing all relevant details to be considered.
(e) Each official or non playing member must hold a current TBA registration card and be in good standing.

Hope this helps answer your question.

Rob

Does that mean that anyone can bowl even if they are not registered with the TBA and do not pay sanctions, as long as they are a member of their local association?

Given the expansion of both Melbourne and Geelong, how does the 60km rule work now?

hey guy's I know this isn't the thread i need to ask this but couldnt find what i was looking for. My question is if a bowler bowls in two centres in the same city but is sanctioned in one centre that doesn't bowl country cup but bowls in the centre that does aswell why cant they try out for the team at end of the day pay same money as everyone else but cant try out for the team. I couldnt find the rule book so thought i would ask everyone here.

Cheers
Michael O'Keefe

Mic I dont have the Country Cup Charter so cant answer specifics other than the first center you sanction at is the one you represent,providing it meets the criteria that Rob put up.......Easy fix sanction at Belmont

Does that mean that anyone can bowl even if they are not registered with the TBA and do not pay sanctions, as long as they are a member of their local association?
Each team player must be a registered member

I take that as being a TBA registered member

Given the expansion of both Melbourne and Geelong, how does the 60km rule work now?
Still the same ,Geographic center of Melbourne.....(which is GPO) to Geopgraphic center of Geelong(I'm not sure what that is) but no matter how much growth you have the geo center of each town doesnt change

Hi Michael,
The following is the rule on participation:

3. TEAM PLAYERS & OFFICIALS

(a) Each team player must be a registered member, in good standing, of the local association or registered bowling centre they are representing. They will represent the first centre/country association they are registered with and must not reside within a 60 kilometre radius of the Melbourne area.
(b) Team players must live in country Victoria (or Albury) for a period of at least six (6) months prior to the tournament.
(c) Team players must have played on a weekly basis in a recognised TBA league within the local association they wish to represent for at least six (6) months prior to the tournament.
(d) Exemption to these rules must be applied for in writing to the Board, listing all relevant details to be considered.
(e) Each official or non playing member must hold a current TBA registration card and be in good standing.

Hope this helps answer your question.

Rob

So if for example i go to Melbourne and bowl at Chirnside Park first, register and pay my sanctions there, then return home and bowl at Morwell, am I allowed to bowl C/Cup, Being that I have bowled in the city but reside in the country and bowl in the country and have not registered with any other COUNTRY association? Hypothetical but valid question as to whether it is the first COUNTRY center you register with or otherwise?

Definitely valid.
Handful of bowlers here in Ballarat including myself have travelled and bowled in another league in Melbourne in the past couple of years, to be honest I dont know where i paid my sanction. This year I paid online.

Thanks for the info everyone apparently I can email TBA and get my centre changed then I am able to try out if that fails I can pay another membership and select the centre I want to rep very confusing as I personally think that we pay alot of money for sanction these days and you are still restricted. Just because I pay at one centre shouldn't stop me from bowling in a rep team in the same town. Its a grey area but just dont agree.

Cheers
Mick

Hi All
A couple of years ago I bowled CCup in Albury, but during the week I lived in Melbourne, I worked in Melbourne (Still do) - I would suggest anyone considering this is open and honest and contacts Country Vic TBA, the conesquences to your team if you turn up at CC and you're interpretation is wrong could be extreme.

Here was my criteria.
1. I sanctioned and registered first in Bendigo.
2. I owned a house in Bendigo (by the way Kevin is correct, 60 km from greater melbourne is a reference to the GPO just as a distance from town to town on a map is GPO to GPO, so it wont be long before you can live in Melbourne and be Country by this rule). I boarded with my family in Melbourne and my postal address and my Vic Drivers licence was Bendigo. Please note I have always had a Melbourne PO Box for my business but my personal residential and postal was Bendigo.
3. I competed in a league in Bendigo on a weekly basis unless work got in the way for the duration of the trials and Country Cup.
4. I met the requirements as laid out by the local association to trial for the local CCup team.
From memory I did bowl a league in Melbourne, it was not affiliated with TBA and therefore my only 'relevant' league play met the TBA criteria.

Now Geelong where Mike is has a unique situation I guess, Albury Wodonga is the only other country 'town' with two bowls. In Geelong there is no state line as a divider, hence slight difference.

The best thing I did was qualify everything with the association I wanted to bowl for and the VCTBA. Think of it as butt covering, get a response in writing, dont think you can flaunt the rules and get away with something and no one will find out - you're team mates may not be very forgiving and you will just waste everyone's time and your money.

Having said all that - whats the implications for oither representative teams in Geelong for example if you reside near Bowl-a-rama but sanction and register at Belmont?

Just my thoughts, hope it helps

The way that I understand the rule to be is when you do your first registration with TBA (you only pay your TBA portion of the registration once) you nominate a home centre/association. This is the important bit - You can be a member of more than 1 association but it is you home association that they look at for CCup eligibility. Example I live in Traralgon but also bowl a league in the city - I can be a member of both associations but my nominated home centre has to be Morwell to be eligible for CCup - If I nominated the city centre as my home centre then I would be ineligible for CCup - even though I meet all the other requirements.
In saying that city bowlers cannot just nominate a country centre and be eligible for CCUp they still need to meet all the other requirements - ie residental
Where you can easily get caught out is bowling in Tournaments early in the year (before your own leagues start) and register at the Tournament and they nominate their centre as your home centre.
At this stage bowl-rama not part of the GTBA which is why you are ineligible for CCup - but I beleive that this may be changing

So if for example i go to Melbourne and bowl at Chirnside Park first, register and pay my sanctions there, then return home and bowl at Morwell, am I allowed to bowl C/Cup, Being that I have bowled in the city but reside in the country and bowl in the country and have not registered with any other COUNTRY association? Hypothetical but valid question as to whether it is the first COUNTRY center you register with or otherwise?

You would not be allowed to bowl Country Cup unless you aplied to VCTBA for exemption.

This year I paid online.

When you pay online you are asked which association you want to be aligned with.

Rob

Hey guys I see nothings changed, same sort of __________. `Hows things in sunny vic.

Woza,
When ya gonna get fired up.;)
Maybe you should come up and bowl on some good lanes:eek:

Back
Top Bottom