Computer help needed

Andrew S.

Gold Coast
I need to locate a PLAY32.EXE file, can anyone help?
It is an old quicktime file and newer versions don't have it. I need it to open .AVI files, other programs for opening .AVI don't seem to work on our computer.
If you can help out, thanks.

Are you rinning 95,98, ME, NT4, 2000 or XP. It makes a difference. Let me know. I may be able to help.
Stax

If you use windows,

Simly RIGHT mouse click on the START (bottom Right) and select find...

Then you simply type in the file name - select search area as "C" drive - PRESTO..

If you dont use windows get back to me - [email protected] and I will look up my old books to find the dos command to locate files...

Cheers

BROWNY

Sounds like something is corrupted. Have you checked for viruses.

If the file is not on your computer (and I guess its not) then try searching for it on the net.

If search engines (like www.google.com) dont find the file, then use a program (like bearshare or limewire) to search other peoples computers. but beware of viruses.

If they dont use windows, then they would be using a mac, so DOS commands wouldnt help
icon_smile.gif

Thanks for the replies guys. Am running Win98 and I have done an internal search of the C drive. I don't know if this was a file I had and lost, or if this is a file I never had. Google tells me what it is, and what I need it for, but not how to get it.
The All Drivers site doesn't have it and apple support don't seem to reply to emails.
I am also beginning to think corruption otherwise why don't the other programs for .AVI work?
I have scanned all files for viruses and update the NAV every 2 days.
So where do I go from here?

Back
Top Bottom