Carl Bottomley Wins the Caboolture Open

The 2009 Caboolture Open was run 4th & 5th of July and it was fantastic weekend with a full field of 81 bowling. There were a few reserves waiting all day to see if somebody didn’t show up. And the Sunday morning Desperado squad saw 44 bowlers show up to chance their hand at making the last 9 spots. In all it was a very successful weekend with most of us being well behaved.

But in the end it was Carl Bottomley who won his third event of the year. In 2nd was Dale Warren who was defeated in an entertaining final match with Carl. 3rd was Tony Hamilton. The highest placed female was Alicia Melton in 5th.

Also there was seven 300 games bowled this weekend. Carl Bottomley managed to get past the dangerous ninth frame a few times and get two 300s, Chris Quaill also bowled two. Ben Donnelly, Graham Allen and Jon King all had one each.

Thank you to all the series sponsors………. Animal’s Pro Shop, Northfield Car Sound, Insane-Air Air Condition, Hitachi and Total Bowling. And also thankyou to Caboolture Bowl and thier Sponsors for hosting this Fantastic event.

Now don't forget everyone that the Kingaroy Cup is on the 8th & 9th of August. Get your name in fast so you don't miss out.

Shayne

Thanks from Caboolture Bowl

On behalf of all the staff from Caboolture Bowl I would to thank all bowlers who competed on the weekend and all of the spectators. This was one of the best events run here at Caboolture, I would also like to thank Nathan & Andrew who made the tournament run very smooth over the weekend, and finally to Shayne for his help with the new format and his support of the Wide Bay Tour.

Congratulations to Carl Bottomley on another win and to Dale Warren as runner up (a fantastic final). As a Tournament promotor, it was pleasing to not have to issue any bad behavour warning and to see the large majority of bowlers with smiles on their faces and pleased with their efforts.

I wish all bowlers the best of luck with the remaining tour stops this year.

Cheers

Batesy.

Congrats to Carl on a well deserved 6th Caboolture Open

Congrats to all bowlers who enjoyed their 300 especially Ben who had his 1st (all 300 game pics in the live sscores section)

Very entertaining all weekend, despersado's what can i say . . . well it was very desperate for some . . . and entertaining except for prob 1 frame in the final 3rd game.

Top 27 even better, Quaily threw 300 in game 1 but was sitting 4th after 2 games . . .

The Top 15 was even better, the bowlers who were fighting to then make the top 5 was always changing. Their was several different combinations with bowlers jumping in & out of the 5 & it was only settled in the last game.

A Thrilling top 5 . . . all games were exciting and down to the wire.

Great to see the support from Carl's family with his daughter leading the way and was very energetic when it came to Dale's 10pin being left twice and dad making his comeback through a turkey.

Andrew always brilliant with his creativeness design of the scoring, with results of blocs being ddelivered to the lanes by the 2nd/3rd frame of the next game. Considering he hhad his hands full with baby Grace foor most of the weekend.

To Batesy, Ronni and the Bowl . . . Simply one word EXCELENT

NO DELAYS / NO BREAKDOWNS / NO DAMAGED BALLS (1 with a light burn) / SUNDAY ON TIME TO THE MINUTE / SCORES RELASED AND UPDATED SUPER QUICK / GAME RATES FANTASIC / MECHANICS BRILLIANT / OILING QUICK / PICTURES WITH SPONSORS BACKING (NEW) / BOWLERS ON TIME AND CURTIOUS

Thanks to Pete/Pedro and Alex who worked all weekend down the back.

Pete spent 15hrs from 6am on Sat and another 8hrs on Sunday so thanks heaps.

Enjoy the pics we have a Top 27, Top 15, Top 5 and the 1st & 2nd Place bowlers. (Andrew willl post the top 15 if not in the live scores section)

Enjoy Yvette's shirt . . . I'm not short I'M FUN SIZE

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 49
  • Top 5.jpg
    Top 5.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 36
  • Picture 025.jpg
    Picture 025.jpg
    288.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Pic334.jpg
    Pic334.jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Pic332.jpg
    Pic332.jpg
    292 KB · Views: 38
  • Picture 026.jpg
    Picture 026.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Picture 023.jpg
    Picture 023.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 23
Congrats to Carl on wining the Caboolture Open, A great final mate. Congrats to everyone Who bowled 300's. Especially to Ben on his first 300 ( more to come).
A great weekend had by all.

I would thank Animal for everything thanks Mate. Nothing Hits Like A Hammer!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom