Carl Barbara - 803 Series

Muels1

The Chosen One
In a night of big scores, a huge congratulations must go out to Carl Barbara who last night (tonight) shot a marvellous 803 Series in the Western Suburbs League with games of 267, 280 and 256. This is also a League record (co-incidently a sheet was passed round to all teams tonight of current records held in the league)
An awesome display of bowling from him, right on his mark from the beginning of the night and never strayed from his line.
Congratulations mate (dad) i am really proud of ya even though you beat me to it (i nearly beat you there). You truly have deserved this great achievement.
With the exception of George Frilingos' machine bowling during the AO (almost any combination of his 3 games) this year, this is the equal centre record for league series. Carl has tied with Jason Mantle who bowled 803 about 2 years ago. These are the only 2 800 series' to be bowled at Sunshine in its 22 year history.
Also congratulations to Chris Benson on bowling a 300 game in the 3rd game tonight.

Another piece of information on Carls great series last night. Irony or fate or just co-incidence but on the 25th of July 2003 Carl bowled his first 300 game at Sunshine onlanes 5&6. Last night was the 25th of July 2007 and our team bowled on lanes 5&6 - result 803 series.
Spooky huh!!!!!

carl

great effort mate. would have been good to be there and see it but congrats anyway from w.a.

looks like i will be in melbourne in september so i will drop in and say g'day.

well done to chris benson as well. nice bowling.

kelvin, what was your team scores just out of interest and what did you shoot?

GDay Mr Lee hows things over in sunny Perth.
Yeah the lanes havent been too bad over here since you left lol!
Last night to go with Carls 803, Matt had 630ish, Mick 650, Kel 520 and i shot 730 odd.
Team series of around 3330 scratch roughly.

Back
Top Bottom