Cara currently 3rd in Greater Syracuse Classic

Graham

Staff member
In the last event of the Spring Tour of the PWBA, Cara Honeychurch is currently third after 24 games in the Greater Syracuse Classic.

With 16 games of Matchplay to go, Leanne Barrette is leading by over 200 pins from Kendra Gaines with Honeychurch a further 80 pins behind in 3rd place. The other Australian girls made the cut as well, with Carol Gianotti-Block moving to 11th place after qualifying in 23rd spot, whilst Maxine Nable is in 24th and last Matchplay position.

The following is the media release from http://www.pwba.com

BARRETTE UNLOADS IN ROUND FOUR OF GREATER SYRACUSE CLASSIC

LIVERPOOL, N.Y. – Leanne Barrette, Pleasanton, Calif loves match play. The 24-time titlest went 7-1 (Ed. note – players earn 30 bonus pins for each match won during match play rounds) in the fourth round of the Greater Syracuse Classic at Flamingo Bowl to take a 212-pin lead over Kendra Gaines, Sebring, Fla. Barrette completed the evening round averaging 238.5. Her 6,135 tournament total gives her a 227.88 clip for 26 games.

“Bonus pins are huge in match play,” said Barrette. “Tonight I was trying to make the most of the shot I had. I was getting unbelievable carry from my Pearl Vortex II.”

A winner last week in Albany, NY, Barrette has been one of the tour’s top match play performers in the last two tournaments. The 24-time titlest went 17-7 at the Greater Harrisburg Open and posted a 19-5 tally at the Empire State PWBA Classic.

“I didn’t even look at the leaderboard all night,” she said. “I had no idea I had a 200-pin lead but I’ll take it. The players that are right behind are all the hottest players on tour right now.”

Gaines, who has appeared in the televised finals in four of the last five weeks, went 5-3 finishing with totals of 222.03 and 5,923. The Floridian is among the top five in tour earnings (5th - $23,620), competition points (4th – 4,426) and averages (3rd – 217.40)

Cara Honeychurch, Melbourne, Australia, fell back one spot to third after going 4-4. The left-hander has tallied 220.03 and 5,841. Coming into the week Honeychurch had earned the best match play record thus far in 2002 with a 71-45-4 (.612 win pct.). Along with Gaines and Kim Terrell, Antioch, Calif. the trio co-leads the PWBA in championship round appearances with four each.

Second and third round leader Carolyn Dorin-Ballard, N. Richland Hills, Texas dropped to fourth place with 220.11 and 5,783. The reigning Player of the Year went 2-6 on the night. Dorin-Ballard is seeking her first title of the 2002 campaign. The 2002 ESPY nominee for “Best Bowler” tied an all-time pro women’s bowling record last year when she claimed seven titles.

Skaneateles’ Michelle Feldman moved up from ninth to fifth with a 5-3 record. The local favorite has totals of 215.80 and 5,761 and 216.27.

With 16 games to go before the televised finals 11 players are within 196 pins or less of the fifth position. The biggest jump in the standings came from Carol Gianotti-Block (5-2-1, 210.11, 5,628) who went from 23rd to 11th and from Marcia Kamrowski, Boca Raton, Fla. (7-1, 206.84, 5,588) who went from 24th to 15th.

On Saturday, June 29, match play continues with two more eight-game blocks at 9 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. At the conclusion of match play, the top five bowlers compete in a stepladder finals during a live ESPN telecast on Sunday, June 30 at 4:30 p.m.

In the last event of the Spring Tour of the PWBA, Cara Honeychurch is currently third after 24 games in the Greater Syracuse Classic.

With 16 games of Matchplay to go, Leanne Barrette is leading by over 200 pins from Kendra Gaines with Honeychurch a further 80 pins behind in 3rd place. The other Australian girls made the cut as well, with Carol Gianotti-Block moving to 11th place after qualifying in 23rd spot, whilst Maxine Nable is in 24th and last Matchplay position.

The following is the media release from http://www.pwba.com

BARRETTE UNLOADS IN ROUND FOUR OF GREATER SYRACUSE CLASSIC

LIVERPOOL, N.Y. – Leanne Barrette, Pleasanton, Calif loves match play. The 24-time titlest went 7-1 (Ed. note – players earn 30 bonus pins for each match won during match play rounds) in the fourth round of the Greater Syracuse Classic at Flamingo Bowl to take a 212-pin lead over Kendra Gaines, Sebring, Fla. Barrette completed the evening round averaging 238.5. Her 6,135 tournament total gives her a 227.88 clip for 26 games.

“Bonus pins are huge in match play,” said Barrette. “Tonight I was trying to make the most of the shot I had. I was getting unbelievable carry from my Pearl Vortex II.”

A winner last week in Albany, NY, Barrette has been one of the tour’s top match play performers in the last two tournaments. The 24-time titlest went 17-7 at the Greater Harrisburg Open and posted a 19-5 tally at the Empire State PWBA Classic.

“I didn’t even look at the leaderboard all night,” she said. “I had no idea I had a 200-pin lead but I’ll take it. The players that are right behind are all the hottest players on tour right now.”

Gaines, who has appeared in the televised finals in four of the last five weeks, went 5-3 finishing with totals of 222.03 and 5,923. The Floridian is among the top five in tour earnings (5th - $23,620), competition points (4th – 4,426) and averages (3rd – 217.40)

Cara Honeychurch, Melbourne, Australia, fell back one spot to third after going 4-4. The left-hander has tallied 220.03 and 5,841. Coming into the week Honeychurch had earned the best match play record thus far in 2002 with a 71-45-4 (.612 win pct.). Along with Gaines and Kim Terrell, Antioch, Calif. the trio co-leads the PWBA in championship round appearances with four each.

Second and third round leader Carolyn Dorin-Ballard, N. Richland Hills, Texas dropped to fourth place with 220.11 and 5,783. The reigning Player of the Year went 2-6 on the night. Dorin-Ballard is seeking her first title of the 2002 campaign. The 2002 ESPY nominee for “Best Bowler” tied an all-time pro women’s bowling record last year when she claimed seven titles.

Skaneateles’ Michelle Feldman moved up from ninth to fifth with a 5-3 record. The local favorite has totals of 215.80 and 5,761 and 216.27.

With 16 games to go before the televised finals 11 players are within 196 pins or less of the fifth position. The biggest jump in the standings came from Carol Gianotti-Block (5-2-1, 210.11, 5,628) who went from 23rd to 11th and from Marcia Kamrowski, Boca Raton, Fla. (7-1, 206.84, 5,588) who went from 24th to 15th.

On Saturday, June 29, match play continues with two more eight-game blocks at 9 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. At the conclusion of match play, the top five bowlers compete in a stepladder finals during a live ESPN telecast on Sunday, June 30 at 4:30 p.m.

Back
Top Bottom