Capalaba Stage 1 results

hi all , to jl and jon sorry for not responding sooner my adsl has been down.about the sport condition patterns, there are many different patterns not just 1 i know that brian at caboolture has 6 patterns at the moment and has more coming. the idea behind the sport patterns is to even up the game so that equipment doesnt play such a big part in the game and yes u are correct that the better bowlers will still end up on top but these sport conditions might just even the conditions so the guys who can bowl very well but can't afford to buy a new ball every month can compete and not have to worry about being beaten in a carry contest by a bowler of the same skill level but has the latest ball so he out scores him.

will it help bring the fringe bowlers back? i don't know but i do know the way tournament numbers are going right now we won't have any tournaments to bowl in,so in my thinking it is worth a try to make it so the best bowler wins not the guy who had the right ball drilled the right way. the guys who might come back are the older guys who lost interest in the game when these ditches started to show up everywere and you need to ave 220+ to cut .

i will keep pushing for the sport patterns to be used in every tournament not because it will advantage me but because it might just be the right way bowling in australia needs to head to bring the sport back!!

hi jeff, i do see your point, however not every condition is a ditch either. due to the talent that's out there, and the improved standards of bowling balls, pins, etc, some conditions end up looking like ditches. speaking of ditches, what about those ridiculous scores we here each week from caboolture. now is that a ditched up place or what??
icon_eek.gif

the possibility of having sport conditions for every tournament is not possible. not every tournament anyway. there are lanes out there that would not be to hold the sport condition, and then what would that achieve. i can see the benefits of it, but i don't think it would work.

hi jl , yes caboolture is a ditch but if look at the scores at other centre you couldn't tell me that there lanes are hard!!i am sorry jl but bowlers in australia need a ditch to ave 230.look at the black and white tournament at kedron recently are you going to tell me that it wasn't a ditch??
these lanes that won't hold a sport condition pattern can you tell me what sort of a pattern they would hold after all a sport condition is only a different type of pattern.they are being used all over the states and i haven't read about any centre not being able to put them down because there lanes won't hold the pattern!

jl have you bowled on a sport condition ? if not how can you say that they won't work? after the first sport condition tournament at caboolture everyone stayed behind and talked about the condition what they thought, we had guys ave 170 and said they want to bowl on it again because it was challenging but fair if you made a mistake you were punished, if you bowled a good shoot you were rewarded.the guy who won was the best bowler on the day and they were only 50 pins between 2nd and 9th how can that be bad for the game??

To jl
A bit of friendly advice for you.Don't throw stones in glass houses,(I will leave it up to you to figure out what that means).Also don't knock the "sports conditions"until YOU personally have tried them.

To jonK
As far as tournament entries go,Get rid of carry contests for them,then as bfcc stated you might see a lot of older bowlers and fringe bowlers come back on the scene.Sure keep your big ditches for league play if that is what the league bowler wants,But for tournaments the best bowler not the best scorer should win.Yes there is a difference between them!!!!!!!

To George
I am going to take sides pull your head in and let your bowling talk instead of your mouth,it will make you appear more inteligent.Saying you have bowled in 80 centres in 4 countries means diddly squat if you still haven't learnt how to adjust your game to whatever condition is put down on the day.

Till next time
Tryhard

Back
Top Bottom