Calling all junior and youth Victorian bowlers

milkman

It's that time we lay an assault on the South Australian lanes for the U/23 championships held in mid August.

I want to see any sort of interest anyone is interested in going to the championships, because I would be more than happy to organise flights/motels/squads for people who are interested in going.

Names of people who I can see that are already planning on going:

Cameron Jenkins (of course me)
Lindsay Kilpatrick
Joel Lovegrove

Let's go show these interstaters who are the next up and coming stars from Victoria. You can either reply to this post, or email me directly on [email protected]

Cameron,

Your post on the South Australian U23 prompts me to lament that we seem to have another clash of tournament dates where the event is aimed at the same target group.

Given that there are so few Tournaments available for our top Youth bowlers in Australia, it is disappointing to note that two of them -- the Australian Youth Open (at Penrith) and the South Australian U23 (at Elizabeth) -- are to be held on the same weekend, August 18/19.

Because of the dearth of major Youth events (I can think of only 4 or 5 that would attract any significant level of interstate participation), I'm sure some of our youngish top-guns would have liked to bowl in both. Instead, they are left with having to make a choice.

I guess each of the organisers has a valid set of reasons for scheduling their tournament for that particular weekend. However, one of the unfortunate consequences is that the number (and quality) of bowlers participating in each event will be lower that it could have been. In other words, it's a lose-lose situation for both the bowlers and the organisers.

Hmmm ill prolly be adelaide when this tourny is on ....... might haveto put in an appearence ?

Hey guys/gals,

Just letting you all know that the Under 23 Classic is a Youth Rated tournament. I hope you understand what that means. I don't know if Penrith is, but our tournament is $1000 GUARANTEED for FIRST in BOTH divisions. Come on guys/gals, show SA that you you support this event!!

Martina
icon_rolleyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom