Cairns Open

Thumpa

Junk Food Addict
Does anyone know dates for Cairns Open next year ???????? seeing it's in January thought there may have been some details available

TBA have not announced any official dates or acceptance for Ranked events in 2010 - no dates either for Nationals ..... with nominations closing at end of October it is starting to become a planning problem for other events within each state. Same old, same old - waiting, waiting, waiting!

Flower

As stated in a previous post, TBA has yet to announce which events will be ranked and which will not.
Cairns has nominated for rankings points and we are just waiting for the official word from TBA. If there is no announcement made this week, the event will be withdrawn from requesting rankings and an entry form will be posted.
Dates for the event will be 15th to 17th January.
At this stage, no format changes, just tweaking entry fee and prize fund to abide by rankings criteria.

Cheers
Gavin Third
Possible TD :D

Gav,

Are you taking nominations yet or are you going to wait to hear from the TBA about the rankings before accepting nominations

The Never Was:D

Thanks for the update Gavin, so we can start booking flights? Rankings or no rankings its going to be on? With no SA Cup you might have a bunch of people of there

Entry form will be out tomorrow.

Short of it all...... No Rankings TBA still has not made a decision! :mad:

Dates 15th to 17th January
A Squad 7:30pm Friday 15th January
B Squad 8am Saturday 16th January
C Squad 1pm Saturday 16th January
Top 18 (6 games) 8am Sunday 17th
Matchplay straight after Top 18.
Lanes washed and conditioned prior to each segment of the tournament.
Entry Fee $185
Ladies Div $165 (TBC)

Prize fund will be published with entry form
Top 18 guaranteed
Nominations can be placed through here now.

I will email entry to all I have contacts with.
My sincerest apologies for the delay in getting this out to you, our hands were a little tied being so close to the start of the year. :sorry:
Cheers
Gavin Third
TD

Gavin, personally, I don't think an apology is necessary for something that is not your fault - TBA have extended the closing date now until 4th Dec. pending expressions of interest from promoters etc. for the four ex AMF events that have been dropped, so that the advised maximum 8 Ranked events can take place. What will happen if no one 'expresses interest' is anyone's guess.

I feel certain that the bowlers will continue to support a great tournament and with the new Northern Series of Bowling to begin in 2010, the support should continue.

Good Luck

Flower

hey brenda carr 4 c squad plzz..let u no wen i see the entry form if i bowl open or ladies..thanks

Hey Gav,

Can you put Steve Hunt down for B Squad.

1st stop on the 2010 Northern Series of Bowling Tour - Bring it on!!!

Thanks Heaps

Steve :D :D

Hi Gavin,
Can you please put Hamish Rogers, Shaun Dunn, John Dunn and myself in A Squad.
Thanks, Melissa.

Back
Top Bottom