2006 Cairns Open

Gavin

The 2006 Cairns Open is on again with the dates set as 20th to 22nd January 2006. Entry forms are available from the Cairns Tenpin Bowling Association web page on the following link.
http://www.cairns10pin.cairns.net.au/2006CairnsOpen.html
Entries will not be accepted through this forum but can be emailed from the above link.
Looking forward to another great tournament in Cairns with an exciting new format which includes a mens and womens division with separate prizefunds for the first time in Cairns.
Gavin Third
Tournament Director

Well, there it is at long last.....A Ladies division! Thank you so much Gavin for all the hard work you have put into this new format. So...PLEASE Ladies lets support this, let's not lose this opportunity!

An accommodation package for the 2006 Cairns Open is currently being negotiated. Watch this space for further information over the coming days as confirmation of details is received.

Hye gavin can you put Shannon Miller down for b squad thanks...luckily for me thats the day i go on holidays to cairns

Hi all
Just a reminder that we will not be accepting entries via this forum. We will require a completed entry with a depsoit to secure your spot in your chosen squad.

Thanks
Gavin

Hi i would like to know if there is a list of people yet that are going in the open
Terrie :cool:

At this stage I don't believe there is but I'm sure gavin will post one as time gets closer and nominations with deposits are received.

If you go to tournament enrty forms and click on the link, at the top of the entry form is a link to the squad listing.

Prize fund Guaranteed

The printed prize fund will be paid as sponsors have made it possible for the association to guarantee the pay outs.

B & C Squads are starting to fill. Get your entries with the required deposit in now to secure your spot. See you all in Cairns.

I have it on good authority that another 10 female entries are needed to ensure the future of the Ladies division! Come on girls! Get your entries in quick!

Goodluck to everyone bowling in the Cairns open next weekend hope everyone has a great time:p

And go MISSY do it for the girls :D

LISA
Cairns

Thought prize fund was now guaranteed due to sponsorship.
by Gavin Third
Prize fund Guaranteed
The printed prize fund will be paid as sponsors have made it possible for the association to guarantee the pay outs.
Unquote
Cazza

cazza said:
Thought prize fund was now guaranteed due to sponsorship.
by Gavin Third
Prize fund Guaranteed
Unquote
Cazza

So far I have not read anything on this thread to contradict this? The only statement that has been made is that "a futher 10 entries in the ladies division are required to ensure the future of the ladies division".

I do not see any statement saying that the prizefund for this year isn't guaranteed. Therefore it is reasonable to assume that the prizefund for this year's tournament for both divisions is guaranteed. Unless you heard differently elsewhere.

Cheers.

Yes, of course the prize fund is guaranteed and the Ladies division will be run this year. 'Future' refers to 2007.

For a Nationally ranked tournament this prize fund really needs to be reassessed.

I mean at the moment as the squad list stands you have:

43 Men paying $195.00 entry fee
which amounts too $8385.00 to win back $7348.00

16 Woman paying $175.00 entry fee
Which amounts too $2800.00 to win back $4000.00

Sponsorship or not i think it really needs to be revised on those numbers alone. Even for this year, for a major tournament with ranking points the men have to finish in the top 4 places to make it worth your while to travel to it. I think it’s great that we are trying new formats and the likes, but surely there aren’t separate sponsors for men and woman to have the prize fund that is there now on those numbers.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks Ice,
Thats all I wanted to know, was just a bit worried it would have been cancelled thats all.
Cheers
Cazza

Well, actually there are separate sponsors for men and women's divisions. I guess those sponsors realised just how hard it is to get a womens division up and running and threw their support behind it, which is fantastic I think. In 2005 I bowled every Open between Cairns and Mackay and not one separate Ladies division, this is a step forward for female bowlers.....and well overdue.

Sponsorship or not i think it really needs to be revised on those numbers alone
Just what are you suggesting???

Back
Top Bottom