Bushfires

grumpie

Do we know if any bowlers have been effected by the bushfires?

I guess Bendigo and Horsham seem to main the main concern.

Liz

Liz,

We all hope not, but that seems unlikely. With so many close communities there will be those touched in some way.
All hopes and prayers go out to everyone affected.

I am not going to bowl my extra games this week, I would rather send the bowling fees to the Red Cross to help in a small way.
I implore others to do the same.

Imagine 100 bolwers putting 1 weeks worth of games at say $25, there is $2500 without breaking a sweat. Food for thought.:please:
I am sure that there will many more in the bowling community that will do something similar.

Good luck to everyone touched by the forces of mother nature.
Fuzz

What a good idea. We were actually going to start bowling this week but something has come up and we have to put it off until next week.

I think that I will do the same thing with that money.

Liz

A few of our bowlers and staff from Kinglake/Wallan/Whittlesea area have been effected. Thankfully everyone seems to have come through. Our thoughts are with all those who have been touched by this tragedy.

Oz Tenpin Epping are currently accepting donations of clothes/blankets/towels etc for those wishing to help. Relief centres are a bit overwhelmed with items at the moment so we're happy to collect & sort items until they are required.

We are also collecting cash donations from league & social bowlers.

It is a tragedy.

We lost a great, fun going workmate in the office on Saturday night due to the fires. The loss of property is extremely sad, but it doesn't replace a life.

I encourage everyone to donate money to the Red Cross.
Now is as important time as ever to consider donating blood.

Regards,
Craig

A few of our bowlers and staff from Kinglake/Wallan/Whittlesea area have been effected. Thankfully everyone seems to have come through. Our thoughts are with all those who have been touched by this tragedy.

Oz Tenpin Epping are currently accepting donations of clothes/blankets/towels etc for those wishing to help. Relief centres are a bit overwhelmed with items at the moment so we're happy to collect & sort items until they are required.

We are also collecting cash donations from league & social bowlers.

My apologies. I'm not used to Epping being around. I can't even begin to think what the poor people around Kinglake area must be going through....

Liz

Many people around our area of Traralgon South have been devastated, dont know the full impact as we are not allowed back in as it is being treated as a crime zone because of the number deaths, we left a freinds house at 4.30pm on Saturday after gathering things and are not sure if the house is still there, dozens of freinds are not contactable and we hold grave fears for them and families, reports are of more bodies still trapped in cars along the roads that have not been retreaved.
God help us All.

Jason Motta

My heart is going out to everyone indirectly affected as well as those who have been directly affected. Words cannot express the feelings many of us have at the tragedy that has unfolded over the past few days.

With so many different areas in Victoria fighting fires at this time and living in a fire prone area myself I cannot imagine the experience these people have gone through and continue to go through. At this stage Bright (North East Victoria) is not in the path of the Beechworth fire but the weather can change in the blink of an eye and the situation might be a different story.

As far as donations go as I would like to let you all know NAB branches are taking donations to assist with the Victorian Bushfire Relief Fund. And some branches may also be taking non monetary donations as well to assist the Red Cross and other support groups.

To everyone, take care.

I'm relieved to hear someone I used to bowl with had moved from Kinglake a year ago. Unfortunately, others aren't so lucky. What do bowlers think of the
idea of running a bowling tournament perhaps at Epping with part or all of the proceeds of this tourney going to the Red Cross to ease the financial burden on those that are suffering through this heartache.

regards,

Darren Hallifax.

Jason ring the Red Cross hot line as people have been registering on it to let people know they are ok. My cousin lives in Kinglake and we did not know for three days if they survived or not. Thankfully they are safe.

Thinking of everyone effected in one way or another by the fires. Take care.

To all in Gippsland my thoughts are with you all. Jason are the Bosma's ok? and anyone else from out that way?

Putting your bowling fee's as donation to fire appeal sounds like a fantastic idea, l will raise this at Dandy on Monday night.

Take care Jas

Sue Wheeler

Sue,

Stan and Jenny and kids are fine. They have had stuffed packed for a while now just in case.......

Liz

Has anyone heard from Jeff & Lorraine Carter? I know that they live in the Kinglake area.

Ann Lee

Hi Liz and Gunther,
It breaks our hearts to see the pain and suffering inflicted by this sad tragedy. So many lives lost. So many helpless faces. We can't even give an answer to our kids when they ask us why this happened.
And if anyone here ever want to do something for Humanity....this calls for it. Please give generously.
Alex

Jeff & Lorraine Carter are fine, they moved from King Lack late last year.
From what Jeff told me there old house in King lake was destroyed.
Lucky they moved.

Frosty:rolleyes:

Thanks Frosty.
I was just about to post that we are alright. I hadn't given this forum a thought to let people know until I was at bowling tonight. We have started a collection & will be selling chocolates & lollies next week & we will take the proceeds up to the Kinglake C.F.A in the next few weeks. So physically we are O.K. but the worry of all those that we can't get in touch with & the loss of those we know have perished...........it has bought us all to tears on more than one occasion. So any way that anyone can help, no matter how small or large just know that it will be appreciated.
Thanks for your concern.
Jeff & Lorraine Carter & family

As far as I know, no one from Bendigo was directly affected.

rikki

It got within 2 blocks of my place here in long gully. Got a ember attacked but everythink is ok now. There are people out there have lost alot more than l did and my heart goes out to them...... I hope the cfa can put the fire out around the state.... Hope there are no other bowlers affected...

Matt Hagley

Back
Top Bottom