Visionary Blue Green Centaur: Mission Summary

tonx

Bowler: -Andrew 'Tonx' Tonkin.
rev rate: -450-475
ball speed: -26/30kph

Opponent: AMF Lanes, Amflite-II pins, dirty approaches...

Bystander: Mr JA and his Mum,

Your Mission: (start tension building action music...)

To Find a Powerhouse Ball CAPABLE and VERSATILE enough to use in late shift league and tournaments.

Time Frame:
35 minutes (including layout and drilling)

Ball: BLUE GREEN CENTAUR Label Leverage, OOB Finish (tension building music escalates in the background)

Mission Summary: (music gets softer...)

Subject took a stance on heavily broken down THS (HBDTHS) at 1630 hours. Starting position was 30board with the feet, drifting to 35board. Targetting (with ultimate precision laser sight) 19 board, aiming to skid ball to 8board.

First shot was a Warm Up shot, soft revs, ball hardly flared, skated through breakpoint target. Subject looked at ball reaction, and decided to turn up the heat. Increased rev rate to maximum, same starting position and target. This WAS the line to play. Mission Briefing confirmed this earlier....

Launched!!! Direct Hit at arrows, another great hit at breakpoint...

" Turn, Turn, Turn" was the call, BOOM. Target eliminated - WITH POWER - Nothing stood a chance. Blew lifeless bodies away into the pit of DOOM. Scanner bot came down to sweep away any survivors, NO COMFIRMED SIGHTINGS. Subject walks away, waiting eagerly for the next pitiful targets to attempt to stand up to new Weapon.

Mission 1- 'COMPLETE'

Second 'Wave'

Subject decided to hit some dry boards.

Adjustment made: 4 boards right with feet, starting 26, drifting to 31. Target at arrows: 13 board (ultimate laser precision tool again) out to 4 board. Serious friction Soldier, Maintain Revs, TURN UP THE SPEED and LETTTTER RIPPP..

Weapon easily cleared early Friction, banked up on the channel of no return, turned hard into target. GAME OVER, turn your back soldier. Again, NO SURVIVORS reported by Scanner Bot. Subject Smiles like a pansy Search is over... Mission successful.

All in all, this is definately a Fantastic control on Dry ball. With its Extremely low Differential, and great CLEAN coverstock, it retains the energy down the lane VERY well, makes a very strong, yet controllable breakpoint shape, and an INCREDIBLE hit on the pins.

Light hits, high hits, Brooklyn, it seems to carry more times than not. It hits the pins BACK into each other (hard to explain, has to be seen), rarely hits them sideways which can leave single pins more often than not.

I tried many different lines towards the pocket, from deep inside, to hard outside, and with the appropriate easy adjustments, the results were more than pleasing. Even though I only have around 20 games so far on the ball, I can read it as a definate keeper.

Comparing the roll and hit to an Ebonite TPC warrior on Steroids and Creatine, The Blue Green Centaur is VERY Readable, loves to be Revved up hard, and isnt 'Squirty' for a dry lane bowling ball.

It has filled the position that my old Pro-Stock Pearl AND Razor Wire BOTH used to fill, and covers conditions from VERY DRY and Broken Down, to a fresh medium light condition. I'd definately rate this puppy as a 9.5-10 already, with tournament conditions the comming test.

Any questions, dont hesitate to ask.

Tonx,

Very good review, very entertaining.

I have found two excellent use for my Green/Blue Centaur - A boat anchor or an aquarium ornament.

I have used this ball on almost every dry/sahara like condition I can find - which in NQ isn't real hard and yet it just refuses to hook (even 2 boards).

So after pulling out what little hair I have left, I have donated it to my fish who find its green and blue colours very soothing. I find that in the aquarium it brings me much more joy than it did on the lanes.

In all seriousness if you throw the ball with a lot of hand, this ball will probably be pretty good for those dry conditions. But if you are a stroker with not much power, save your money, hair and sanity.

Cheers

Steve:D

Back
Top Bottom