Best qualified Coach?

Toshio

Videogame Master!
Who is the best qualified coach in the country and where do they come from?
(Short and sweet but to the point.)

Toshio

P.S If you want my opinion, I have no Idea.

Said before and will say it again

Doc Ed Kee not only for all of his bowling knowledge and advice he has given to me but for the amount of time and dedication he has provided for the sport.

What about the guy who was a great player himself and gave Cara such a great foundation to work from.

A previous coach of two Oversea's National teams, which paved the way for the other Aussies oversea's.... Rob Zikman

Look out seniors when he starts bowling again!

The best that i feel that has ever worked with me is Joe Tomasinski. Always very dedicated to helping his bowlers and puts a lot of time into them as well.

Other than that would have to agree with Mickey and say that Sid Allen is great too. But that just comes from watching the guys (and girls) that he works with, they all show him so much respect. And he knows what he is talking about and doesnt hesitate to give them all the time in the world.

gjelectrics1 said:
define best qualified

While others chose to ignor this question - I believe it is valid...

Is the 'best coach' the most qualified on paper? in which case go to the TBA website and look at the list of elite coaches...

Is the 'best coach' the most experienced in a variety of countries/ conditions/ bowlers? If so - look to the 'old school' fellas and those with significant national and international experience...

Is the 'best coach' a combination of above?

Or is the 'best coach' the one who can help the bowler to achieve all they set out to achieve?

Loaded questions? Maybe...

In my humble opinion there are so many good coaches in this country that you could not rank one over another in a general sense. Some are great at motivating bowlers, others are great at working on (or identifying faults in) various parts of your game. while others have awsome knowledge on balls/ lines/ releases etc..

For me peronally - Rudy Turoczi (who is not acknowledged as been experienced enough to receive his official Silver level coach accreditation as I understand it) motivated/ coached/ taught etc.. (however you want to say it) me from a 190 average chucker to a solid national competitor... He has a way of explaining things to me that I can understand, and the ability to keep me hungry for the game. He has also coached at least one number 1 ranked australian bowler (who was not number 1 before he started coaching them..).

Having said that, I would certainly recommend the likes of Patrick Birtig, June Vokolus, Wayne Chester, Chris Batson, Ken Mills, Ken Sheean, Andrew Frawley, - anyone who has bowled at PWBA or PBA level - and George Frilingos...

Hmm - "George Frilingos?" I can feel some people say - "Why do you have your nose up his arse browny?" ???

The knowledge George has passed on to me regarding the finer points of bowling and technical knowledge far exceeds any other individuals input I have been fortunate enough to have... without any formal coaching qualifications as far as I am aware...

Oh yeah - I forgot Brandon Qualichefski - I would go to him or Rudy for any equipment problems... (Brenton Davy if your in SA...)

Anyhow - having dropped just about every name I can think of - my answer as to "WHO IS THE BEST COACH" is...

"THE ONE WHO CAN HELP YOU IMPROVE FROM YOUR CURRENT SKILL LEVELS, WHILE KEEPING YOU KEEN, INTERESTED AND MOTIVATED".

This person may change as you get better...

On a final note - I know many peolpe who view **** Rigter as the "BEST" coach in the world. Yet when I went to the kegel training center in Flordia (supposedly the "best" training facility in the world) and asked them what they thought of Rigter's drills their head coach replied "I've heard of them, but don't know what they are..."

(**** is supposed to be D ick ) - hmm... Totalbowling's filter doesn't even know who **** is !!! he he he...

This from a man who has coached and drilled balls for the likes of Norm Duke, Brian Voss, Jason Couch, Parker Bohn, Dead-eye and many, many others...

So it's all a matter of perspective I guess...

(Personal thanks to Rudy, George, Ken and Randy for their assistance in my game!).

PB

i forgot to add ron forbes and jason brown at orange bowl, they r awsome coaches and r going very well with the bowlers here in orange, top blokes.

Back
Top Bottom