Best product to clean bowling balls?

Toshio

Videogame Master!
What is the best product to clean you bowling balls with.
Do you use that STORM stuff or do you just use hot soapy water and a rag?

I myself just leave the ball outside on a sunny day and watch the oil rise to the surface and go all over the path. Great way to clean your ball.

I also have very old lane wash that we use to use at home, it was/and still it the best product to make a ball have that "brand new look". Unfortunatly I only have a little bit left!

What product/method do you use to get your balls in tip-top condition?

Yahoo

to the best of my knowledge, if you let it 'sweat' that apparrently isnt oil... its some other chemical, it doesnt do any good for the ball... a good way to clean a ball is with that ebonite 'Hook again" i think its called... works a treat.. if its a sanded ball... probably best to just get it resurfaced.

krystal

If you let the ball sweat, then as Kriddle said, that isn't all oil - part of it is plasticiser which comes to the surface in the heat.

The storm gear is alright for cleaning bowling balls, as are the cleaners from most manufacturers. If you want to remove all of the oil then I would recommend the Ebonite Hook Again, I run a pro shop and use it for customers regularly, and 99% of the time it makes a noticable difference.

I use Ebonite Powerhouse Energizer after each time i bowl to clean the oil off the ball. I think it makes a big difference.

Even though it may be hard for a few people to get ahold of these products, my cleaner consists of mcdonalds degreaser and lane cleaner. the lane cleaner gets the oil residue off, where as teh degreaser gets all old residue. The reason that i use mcdonalds degreaser is becuase it is mild enough for the surface, yet strong enough to clean the balls great.

Columbia have a new product, called CPR. You place the ball and product in a bag supplied in the kit and the solution removes all the oil from the ball without applying any heat to it.

Actually the hook again from ebonite is fantastic, but if you just want a quick clean, i bought at a good price on the net, all the ebonite powerhouse bottles they do wonders for me

Good Luck

Specter...dont use metho...bad idea
I use a mixture 50/50 of Simple Green and Isocol(rubbing alchohol)
Cleans and de-greases perfectly.

cruzin said:
Specter...dont use metho...bad idea
I use a mixture 50/50 of Simple Green and Isocol(rubbing alchohol)
Cleans and de-greases perfectly.

Isocol was good to use once, not anymore, and it has been this way for some time. Many people still use it. Originally, it was pure rubbing alcohol, and it worked well. Now it has additives in it such as lanolin. The lanolin ingredient helps to defeat the purpose of what you are trying to achieve.

For more information see http://www.bowling-forum.net/Just_another_old_question_165512.html

It may answer some questions.

In terms of metho, it is claimed that it brings the resin out of the ball, and that it alters the surface too much, some say it hardens it, others say metho works fine. All things said, proper ball cleaner would seem to be the best thing to use but it is expensive as I am sure you're aware.

yeah i understand where ya coming from i just use hot water with 2 rags one for wiping 1 for drying its an old ball dosent matter to much anyway if it gets damaged

Back
Top Bottom