Cleaning House Balls & Using Solvent

triple sb's

Hi Guys,
Our head technician has put into place a weekly routine of cleaning all our house balls.
1. Do other centres have a similar routine?
2. We use Solvex 10 (solvent) to wipe the balls, what do you use?
3. Do you have any alternatives to solvent as some staff have had a reaction?
Plus the use of solvent on machine parts (eg. ball belts) has been brought into question. Does anyone know of any examples that the use of solvent leads to the detoriation of parts?
Any help in this matter would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Lynne

Hi Guys,
Our head technician has put into place a weekly routine of cleaning all our house balls.
Plus the use of solvent on machine parts (eg. ball belts) has been brought into question. Does anyone know of any examples that the use of solvent leads to the detoriation of parts?
Thanks,
Lynne
Worst job ever cleaning house balls with solvent
First jobs the buggers made me do when i did work experience.

I was talkin to a tech at my local centre and he said they dont use solvent anymore they just use metho.

solvent eats belts and rubber parts.
I use a general cleaner on house balls
the worksafe requirements for solvent make it not worth having.

cobow

Yes Lyn, Cobow is a very experienced Tech. I would only recommend a cleaner such as Hydrosolve, supplied by Hammersley, this was used extensively in Centres run by Olympic(Brunswick Centres). I have seen products which are close to this, as this product is a strong Detergent with Solvent like cleaning ability but is mixed with water. Actually some of the Centres used it for cleaning thier lanes.

When I worked up there a product called, from memory, Total Blue, was being used to wash the lanes, this is very similar to Hydrosolve, I would only recommend using this product with Gloves.

I would recommend you post on "Bowltech" in the U.S. as there is mostly Tech's on site and they can give you a more overall view of what Centre's are using and thier cleaning schedules.

Frank.

Lane Cleaner is the best thing to use on house balls
it's inexpensive and in ready supply in all bowling centres
we clean our house balls once a month

Greg Robertson
Area Facilities Manager
Amf Bowling Centres

Hey Ninja, you are quite welcome to come in on sunday night and clean the house balls.

why clean house balls

i reckon the worst job is cleaning pins with arco
after a few boxes you will stink all day

daniel d

The best stuff i have ever used to clean house balls,pins and pin setter meachines includeing belts and gears etc etc is solvent B1 it will also stop out of ranges if you clean the pin decks (synthitic pin decks) all so if u have brunswick style ball returns at the front end clean the rollers with this stuff it will stop ball return problems aswell

Hi Guys,
Thanks,
Lynne

I don't think our center has ever had a ball cleaning routine. I had to resurface some a few months ago though.
For belts, I heavily suggest left over lanewash sollution. It works a charm, keeps them tacky, doesn't eat them away like metho can, & is a bit healthier to be around.
I think anything slightly carrosive will be bad for belts.

Worst job ever cleaning house balls with solvent
First jobs the buggers made me do when i did work experience.
I was talkin to a tech at my local centre and he said they dont use solvent anymore they just use metho.

i just sign up and here i see you

metho is the best due to
1. brakes down "oil"
2. removes moisture
3. minimal to no residue

never use solvent on balls it melts them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and lane wash is very expensive!!! and i have not had a house ball melt with metho yet cause it dont stay on the ball long enough lol

We get control staff to clean house balls on a quiet day, we use a multi purpose cleaner called S21. it works really well. we use it on out machines to clean everything. does the job well.

Back
Top Bottom