Best of Luck Belmo

Jase

Admin
Staff member
All of us at Totalbowling would like to wish 22 year-old Jason Belmonte from Orange all the very best.

Belmonte flew out of Australia Thursday to compete against some of the world's top amateur and professional bowlers in the 2006 World Tenpin Masters in England this weekend.

Sixteen bowlers from 13 countries will be represented – Australia, The Philippines, Germany, England, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, USA, Holland, Norway, South Africa and Malaysia. Jason bowled a thrilling perfect game in this event last year - an annual tournament that's televised internationally, and in Australia on Fox Sports.

The Matchroom World Masters is just the start of a hectic 8 week trip that will take Jason to tournaments in Kuwait, Bahrain, Turkey and Denmark before heading back home to Australia to compete in the Perth Cup early in June and the Melbourne Cup the following weekend.

Further details can be found Here

Best of luck mate.

Good luck mate... Hope it all goes well for you during the hectic month or two you have lined up. All the success in the world! No matter what, you'll still do Aussie proud!!

Luke.

Scores available on bowlingdigital.com. I wont post them here and spoil it for those who with to catch the telecast.

Phil

Scores available on bowlingdigital.com. I wont post them here and spoil it for those who with to catch the telecast.

Can i can i:rolleyes:

Gary...................................................:cool:

CAN I GIVE A CLUE:confused:

Gary..............................................................................:cool:

Yep we know but its a secret shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

The answer is...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Go to http://www.bowlingdigital.com

Gary..............................................................:cool:

BELMONTE ENTERTAINS IN ‘HOLLYWOOD’ STYLE AT WORLD TENPIN MASTERS

Overnight news of the results of the 2006 PartyPoker.com World Tenpin Masters was disappointing for fans of Aussie bowler, Jason "Hollywood" Belmonte but in characteristic good humour, the young athlete entertained spectators to the final frame of his match.

In-form Malaysian, Alex Liew who currently leads the Asian Zone rankings, threw down the gauntlet with a decisive lead of 78 pins after the first game of his 2-game quarter-final match against Belmonte, and the opportunity to make up the gap was lost with a split early in Belmonte’s second game.
While Liew went on to score the second highest aggregate of this year’s event, Belmonte took the loss in good spirit, engaging the capacity crowd by bowling one-handed with a borrowed ball to throw three strikes in frames 8 to 10, and a good-natured trick shot at a split in the final frame.

Texan pro-bowler, Chris Barnes, won the next quarter-final match with a narrow margin over Canadian Michael Schmidt, then went on to blast Alex Liew out of contention with a 515-419 semi-final match score. Barnes then faced local favourite, Paul Moor from Hull who had ousted last year’s winner, Jens Nickel with a decisive 515-371 to advance to the finals. Despite a shaky start, 26 year-old Barnes emerged victorious from the tight championship match over Moor, finishing with 458-437 to take the title in his debut appearance at the World Tenpin Masters.

After watching the final match, Belmonte called home and was undeterred by the outcome. "It seems the shot really wasn’t there for the power bowlers and in the 2-game format there’s not a lot of lee-way to make adjustments" said his mother, Marisa Belmonte after speaking to Jason early this morning. "He was full of praise though for the tournament’s energy and great atmosphere, and the excitement of the huge spectator crowd that had come to see some of the world’s most talented bowlers in action" she added.

Tournament organiser, Matchroom Sport, has established a successful formula to highlight televised bowling at its best, with a single lane surrounded by banked seating, providing a colourful arena setting and high-pressure atmosphere that translates into 15 one-hour programs for bowling fans around the world.

Belmonte flies out of the UK this evening, heading for the Middle East to compete in the 3rd Kuwait International Open as defending champion.

“Story courtesy of Lynne Clay”

Well done to Jason but i got to wonder why Chris BArnes was bowling. He is on the pro tour and i always thought this was for the Amature Bowlers of the world. He would be the first pro to bowl wouldnt he, please correct me if im wrong

no tore torgesson was the first pro to bowl in the tournement, they gave him special exemption last yr to bowl in it. that was the year belmo shot the 300

griggsy said:
no tore torgesson was the first pro to bowl in the tournement, they gave him special exemption last yr to bowl in it. that was the year belmo shot the 300

ahh ok thats fair enough, still though how long has barnes been on tour and how many titles has he won compared to Tore.

I still think its wrong

Back
Top Bottom