BELMONTE ON ABC RADIO'S 'GRANDSTAND' PROGRAM TOMORROW

Jase

Admin
Staff member
Orange tenpin bowler, Jason Belmonte will make a guest appearance on ABC local radio’s national sport’s program, GRANDSTAND on Saturday, 24 June between 3pm and 4pm AEST.

The program is broadcast live throughout Australia and you can tune in via
702 ABC Sydney, 612 ABC Brisbane or check the ABC’s national network on

http://www.abc.net.au/radio/localaudio.htm
for details of your local station’s broadcast frequency…happy listening!

Knock em dead mate..... Don't forget to plug Totalbowling..;)

Jase said:
Knock em dead mate..... Don't forget to plug Totalbowling..;)

Lol, and maybe mention bowling in general. Great news for a great Australia bowler. I'll be tuneing in.

Hammer said:
Lol, and maybe mention bowling in general. Great news for a great Australia bowler. I'll be tuneing in.

Well he won't be talking about his baking skills now will he!!!!! DRRRRRR:rolleyes:

No offence if you can bake Belmo,:D and yes I will be TUNING in for sure, and I am sure he will give his sponsors a plug first Jase, but you never know he might find room in there for this site, that keeps us Aussies up to date on how he is going overseas. ;) ;)

Keep up the great work Belmo, and people would be mad not to tune in.

A few people may have noticed a small piece with Belmo in the Sunday Herald Sun back on melb cup weekend, made a point of his style and for people to get out to Mooroolbark on the Monday, hope it brought a few people out there to see what the fuss was about.

mmm see what something different can do?

It really doesn't take that much - does TBA notify the Courier Mail in Brisbane before the K&K Classic? Or how about the The Age in Melbourne before the SPC?

It's promotion. Not rocket science.

Well done Belmo, once again doing great things for our game through action.

Excellent, I never saw it, but that's great.

I mean no disrespect to anyone at TBA, you have done a great job yourself with everything, and thankyou for what you have put into this sport Peter.

I just feel that in general it isn't being pushed in the right areas. For example, K&K would have to be one of the biggest tournaments on the calendar in terms of participation for a nationally ranked event, and it never got a mention anywhere to my knowledge.

About a year ago I remember there being some really great discussion on ideas to get this sport off the ground, and onto TV again. As I said it would at the time, the discussion (as often happens on here), really went nowhere. They are showing the World Tenpin Masters on Fox 2, why can't we get the SPC on TV to start with? I know most at TBA are volunteers, but at the end of the day, TBA under the ASC has charge of getting this sport in the right areas, and developing new and innovative ways to make this game appealing to the public.

If that involves jumping ball returns at tournaments with my shirt over my head to generate public interest, then I'll gladly do it! On a realistic level, I'm not affraid to try something new tournament wise to kickstart this game, I don't think any of us should be affraid to do it differently. People have said it time and time again, tournaments generally in this country are like funeral services. Furrowed brows, people looking lost, frustrated, etc. If it means getting some excitement in the sport and making people look happy then ditch up the K&K for example. Not SPC, as we are sending a bowler away to the World Cup for that, but I can't see why something like the K&K can't be tweaked. For bowling to suceed on TV, the scoring has to be moderately to rediculously high. Look at the match on Fox 2 the other day between Guy Kaminski and Leaanderson. Boring! I'm all for tough conditions at times, but for the game to be publicly popular, that has to go, and scoring has to be there.

Easy Tiger said:
For bowling to suceed on TV, the scoring has to be moderately to rediculously high. Look at the match on Fox 2 the other day between Guy Kaminski and Leaanderson. Boring! I'm all for tough conditions at times, but for the game to be publicly popular, that has to go, and scoring has to be there.

That's ridiculous. There is then little skill involved, they just bowled badly, you can't blame the conditions. Top class bowlers shouldn't miss head pin that many times... It was just a bad game. You are going to get the high scores anyway from good bowling, what bowling needs is characters and plenty of emotion, people bowling 300's all the time is NOT what it needs.

Great job on the show Jason. You represented the sport of bowling very well.

One question though.....
When did the ABC hire you as show host?
Man, you did a fantastic job as interviewer!

Yeh jase well done mate great interview and great interviewing lol
You represented the sport brilliantly and did us all proud.
Good luck in Vegas.

I kept an ear out on 7ZR this afternoon, but it wasn't on unfortunately.
We had a country football program from Victoria on all day.

Sounds like it went well though :)

He was on Grandstand the weekend before he left for his last overseas tour. It was great and they said they would catch up with him on his return.

piequat said:
That's ridiculous. There is then little skill involved, they just bowled badly, you can't blame the conditions. Top class bowlers shouldn't miss head pin that many times... It was just a bad game. You are going to get the high scores anyway from good bowling, what bowling needs is characters and plenty of emotion, people bowling 300's all the time is NOT what it needs.

Well I'm sick of going to dead tournaments. And who said anything about creating a host of 300 games? How many have you seen on a PBA telecast? And those guys are freaks on the lanes that can do just about anything at will.

Whatever it takes to create some life in the centre, do it!

And yes the match on TV was poor bowling, no doubt about it. I have no idea what the condition was like and don't pretend to - but something is amiss when two of the best bowlers in that part of the world can't hit the pocket well enough to eliminate buckets and 2-8s on a regular basis! Made fore a very boring match for most viewers, even bowlers!

Did anyone happen to record the interview and if so could it be posted here so all of us who missed it can have the opportunity to hear it?

Adam

Back
Top Bottom