BELMO WINS WORLD CUP

Thanks Lynne for all your efforts - its good to see bowling in the media again.

Firstly, can't guarantee which papers will cover the story - all we can do is circulate the story and information as widely as possible, including via the AAP newswire service, then make follow up phone calls to as many journalists, editors and Chiefs of Staff as possible ... and keep doing it! :)

As mentioned earlier in this thread, I'm following up several more potential media outlets and programs and will also be on the trail of sporting and general interest magazines in coming days, but just have to focus on those with the shortest deadlines first.

And secondly, thanks for the vote of appreciation - I really can't bear to see such a wonderful achievement - in fact, series of achievements on the world stage that began in July with Jason's ESPY Award, his history-making trio of titles on the PBA Tour in November and now culiminating with the Bowling World Cup - slide by.

And whilst I established many of the connections, and learnt the craft of publishing and media liaison well before I joined the sport of bowling in 1996, I certainly honed those skills over the many years that I worked with ATBC, and ultimately TBA.

I would also like to acknowledge the fact that I was 'handed the baton' of the role of ATBC Media Director from one Steve Jones on his retirement from the ATBC in 1996, and although I didn't have the opportunity of working alongside Steve in a direct handover role, it was plainly obvious from the promotional and marketing materials in existence then, that there had been an extremely effective and talented predecessor.

As I'm sure Steve will attest, the job of liaising with/encouraging media is as long as a piece of string. No matter how much you do, how many Releases you write, how many phone calls you make, how many knock-backs you get - it all comes down to persistence. In that regard, it's a bit like bowling .... different skills and different equipment, but requiring focus and determination to keep improving.

Seeing the story aired on national television news this morning and again this evening, and knowing there's a buzz of interest in the sport again at the moment is, for me, the equivalent of bowling a perfect game :)

cheers,
lc

Well done Lynne on your efforts to get bowling back to where it should be. Keep up the good work. The sport needs people like you.
Cheers Lovey

Congratulations to Jason Belmonte on this Win and all his Victories this Year......Truly our Greatest Champion thus Far...

And a big Thank you to LC,with her efforts to get bowling in to the media and talked about by the general public,
we need these people (gp) coming to our centers to make our sport grow and get to where we all want it to be...

Yes i saw a snippet it on the channel 7 news also, and correct me if i'm wrong but was jason bowling with a nano virtual gravity in the tv clips ?? It looked like it but couldnt tell due to the poor lighting in the clip. I hope the media continue on this as they usually do make a big deal out of any aussie who becomes a world champ in their given sport so hopefully they give jason some exposure to mainstream media here. Congrats jason.

Hey there - the semi is on youtube from IAB Bowling and the final should be there sometime tomorrow on the same channel.

Back
Top Bottom