Belmo off to a solid start in the PBA World Championship

I know this might not mean much but Stephen Cowland is sitting in 81st for his first ever PBA event i think this is an awesome effort on his behalf!!!!

Keep up the good work Stephen

Jimmy Bowles

Slipped a bit overnight to 6th, but looks like it was a tough squad. Good work with nothing under the card yet.

Score: 205 234 226 210 217 217 Total 1309

There were a lot more guys throwing +100 in C squad than A&B.

Cow's grinding it out at 97th. His scores tell a tale of hard work. It's hard to keep up on tour.

Even though there will be no time to read this, keep going lads!

More at www.pba.com

Belmo is currently 2-3 down against Chris Barnes in the round of Super 16.

Bring it home baby.

For anyone with XtraFrame, there is a great interview with Jason.

Thank god for live scoring

Belmo has been knocked out by Chris Barnes in the Super 16. 4 Games to 2

Real shame but he bowled brilliant all week

Loses in 6 games to Barnes.

Barnes now plays Todd Book in the round of 8.

Other round of 8 matches will be Steve Jaros v Mika, Bill O'Neill v Norm Duke... still one other match to be decided

What are the Pro-Am's all about?
This includes all the details for next week's event:
http://www.pba.com/file_upload/tickets/08-09/ThunderAlley.pdf

The pros vary from event to event, but are always from the exempt list. I did this a few years ago when there was a Denver tour stop (which there will be again this year). It was 4 games of 8 pin no-tap then, with 8 pros switching pairs every 5 frames. On the night I played we had Brian Voss, Norm Duke, Pete Weber, Michael Haugen, Brian Himmler, Ritchie Allen, Rick Steelsmith and another guy who's name just escapes me. They all had a great attitude, were fun to bowl with and quite chatty (all of which was actually a pleasant surprise!) and they were more than happy to offer tips if asked. My only disappointment was that at the time they were played on a house shot and I was looking forward to seeing what the PBA shot was really like (this was pre-PBA Experience League days). It was also a slow night as the group on the pair beside us took a lot of time getting coaching and we always had a good 10 minutes wait on the pro exchanges, our group was wishing they had moved things along a bit.

Bottom line was that I thought it was good value with the senior's discount (I didn't go for the package that included the new ball). I wouldn't recommend anyone making a special trip from Oz for one of these though!

Just watched the TV round and Norm Duke was awesome (as usual) in both his matches to win the event. It was great to see Belmo have such a great run and watching Steve Jaros, Chris Barnes and Sean Rash all struggle so much on TV made it clear that Belmo must have been able to make a lot of good adjustments on the conditions to have bowled as well as he did and end up in 1st place going into the sweet 16 round. Can't wait to see my league buddies this week, they were all impressed with Andrew Frawley last year and now send me e-mails whenever they see Belmo's results.

Back
Top Bottom