Ball Drilling

Which would you prefer?

• To be present whilst your ball is being drilled

Votes: 48 84.2%
  • Have the driller take the ball and do it in a seperate room from the pro shop

Votes: 9 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
B

Biggens

Just wanted to get an opinion on this guys, would you prefer to go to a ball driller who drilled the balls in front of you , or took your measurements and left to for 15 mins to drill the ball elsewhere??

If a good ball driller has your specs he should be able to do it without you being present. I have rung a Melb. driller up from Ballarat, told him what I want and he has drilled it and sent it to me. No problems

Graeme

I agree with Graham. I was measured and had one ball drilled in Melbourne then a couple of weeks later i sent down another two balls and had them drilled at the ball drillers lesiure and delivered back to me.

Once you have found a ball driller that you are happy with and he has your measurments then there is most probably no need for you to be there.

It definetly makes it alot easier for us country bowlers

I think Biggens means do you prefer them to make you wait outside while they drill, or for them to let you stay and watch it being done. Nothing to do with how good a ball driller is at taking existing specs and doing it up for you without you being there. Any ball driller should be able to do that quite easily.

It hasn't worried me over the years, however you have to remember that when you're drilling a ball up it requires some concentration, especially if the ball driller is trying something a bit different layout-wise. If the customer is talking to you it can be easy to make a mistake without realising it. If a ball driller does or doesn't make you wait outside, it shouldn't have any reflection on their ability, rather just what their personal preference is. At least you know they definately want to get the job done right the first time.

I don't mind people talking to me when I drill up balls, it's probably quicker to get it done if they don't, but I don't find it a problem. I've usually got the radio on anyway when I'm doing it on my own, so there's no real difference as such anyway.

Just my opinion,
Cheers,
Tim.

i have always drilled balls in front of my customers. I have found that by doing it that way the customer feels more in tune with what you are doing with their ball. I haven't yet had one dissatisfied customer yet.

Matthew Lambrick

My ball driller is patrick and i just buy a ball and let him drill it but i let him know what i want the ball to do but with any other ball driller i will go into see what there doing cause patrick is the only person that knows how to drill my thumb correctly..

Chris

Back
Top Bottom