Assoc. Chall Final Results

Andrew S.

Gold Coast
Here are the final results. Haven't got the points yet.

Men
1 Rocky
2 Sunshine Coast
3 Gold Coast

Women
1 Gold Coast
2 Brisbane
3 Rocky

Overall
1 Rocky 2 Gold Coast 3 Brisbane

No Surprises on Rocky men winning and them winning overall.

Very Interested to here from bowlers about the lane condition in rocky for this tournament. Dry as usual or did they have some oil???

Andrew S. said:
Bit like an Indian cricket pitch?
:D :D :D

If they got in plenty of practice at ashmore they should have been in perfect form :twisted:

!!!!!!!!!!.. :lol: \:D/ =D> Go0o0o0o0o0o RoCkY =D> \:D/ :lol: ..!!!!!!!!!!

Niiiice Work.. Peace Everyone

:rocol: MaNdLeZ :rocol:

I hope you guys in the RTBA are doing something to honour the name of John McKenna?
Perhaps a statue in the civic centre or a decent sized plaque in council chambers?
Any other suggestions?

A giant fountain perhaps? :p

They got off easy, the jnr shield has to bowl in heat and humidity :) Only place i have bowled at that you are happy to grab a polished plastic :roll:

Association Challange

:D I was lucky enough to participate in the challange at Rocky this year and mustt say it was interesting to say the least. I can't remember the last time I used my old AMF Strikline as my ball of choice. :oops: It was hard work but a good time was had by most.

B1

Cant wait for State Champs, I'll travel light and take only a white dot.......

Its a shame the proprietors dont make an effort to do something about the lanes, its not to difficult to ask someone.

It was an eye-opener for me having been out of bowling for about 12 years and having started agin at Garden City this year. Love the oil and wasn't really prepared. No excuses.

It was a real eye opener to how good we have it in Brisbane. I knew first ball when i stood 30 and shot 5 board with the Phenom and only to have it hit the 4 pin that it was going to be tough. Managed to find a shot standing 35 trew 5 at 35klms with a 20 yr old urethane black Hammer. I thought that plastic would be ideal but it was turning more than the urethane. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Well it's great to see how much everyone loves our lanes! They're definately a challenge!..

And levithian is right.. The heat is alot worse around the time of junior shield which makes it sooo much harder to keep the oil on the lanes...you either love the lanes or you hate them! It's a shame so many people go home complaining about them!

It's funny how some of australia's best bowlers come here and bowl shockingly and then blame the lanes! If your so good you should be able to adjust to these conditions and blame yourself not the lanes because i bet when a good game is bowled it's you who takes the congrats for it not the lanes!!! And many good games are bowled in these tournaments don't get me wrong. These conditions are what makes the rocky tournaments more fun.. More of a challenge.. Shows everyone what your really made of

This post isn't directed at anyone at all.. It's just our opinion and we think we're entitled to it.. It's just a little annoying hereing people complain - "rocky lanes are so crap.. Didn't even bowl average" - everytime people go home from a tourney here..you always get someone complaining. Yet people continue to come here for tournaments year after year so we must be doing something right!! Everyone knows that they can't always bowl their average..and there are conditions harder then here!

Congratulations to the rockhampton teams on bowling a great tourney! Also to the other teams who placed! Great work!!

And once again we are not aiming to offend anyone here as that is not the point .. Just putting our own opinion across! See you all here at the state champs! Goooood luck!

Peace out .. A town!

* mandii clarke - rocky kid!!
* krystal king [gold coast] - rocky lane lover haha

arnt you older/more experienced bowlers always the one saying we should never blame the lanes.. only the person bowling the ball and if the lanes are so bad why go back?

Australia's best bowlers were in Melbourne that weekend, and yes skilled bowlers can adjust to anything. It is just no good for the sport that it turns into a speed contest and not a challenge of skill. A challenge is bowling on a 2 to 1 pattern, no bowling the ball at 40km/h.

Maybe the staff at Rockhampton should attend some National events and find out how to lay conditions which ensure skill is paramount. Just ask if you want some help in 'adjusting' your oiling machine, information is free!

Bowling at top speeds, praying not to hit the patches of oil that become randomly spread around the sparse desert - the memories of the few times I bowled at Rocky. Seems the years that have past that nothing has changed.

Scott

Humdity always got to me, i remember using my entire supply of powder even after taking a good chunk of material out of the slugs.

George, there is no use going on about it, it's been the same for as long as i can remember. That was half the draw of the place, being able to bowl well on those conditions.

Back
Top Bottom