Aspley this weekend - where is everyone?

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
A nationally ranked event in our backyard with only 40 entries? whats wrong with everyone?

You've scared them all off George...
Maybe the promoters should start paying out more for second place than for coming in first.

if you think I'm kidding about the first line..I'M NOT...

Personally I'm not bowling because my wife is much more consistant then me and also the approaches are crap and difference between the left and the right at times is ridiculous. Alicia is not bowling because there is no ladies division.

Good luck on the weekend Georgio

Maybe the promoters should start paying out more for second place than for coming in first.

I thought that paying out more for first place gave people more of an incentive to want to bowl. Yeah there is a bit of a difference between first and second but second place is still paying out a very good amount. You've got $4,150 just in the top three places!!! And we are still able to pay down to 18th place which will pay more than what they will pay to bowl. I thought that most people would be pretty happy with that.

Taya

I thought that paying out more for first place gave people more of an incentive to want to bowl. Yeah there is a bit of a difference between first and second but second place is still paying out a very good amount. You've got $4,150 just in the top three places!!! And we are still able to pay down to 18th place which will pay more than what they will pay to bowl. I thought that most people would be pretty happy with that.
Taya

I think Wayne means everyone is scared off by George so they should offer a higher prize to second place to entice bowlers.. could be wrong though.

As if you'd be scared off by George.. :D

i think it has alot to do with timing. at t his time of year people are well and truely broke and don't have much time on their hands. i would have like to have bowled just time and money didn't permit me to bowl with roll offs and caboolture youth champs coming up.
Krystal

The ATBSOQ annual Fundraiser ( which has been on the calendar since
September 2007 ) at Mt Gravatt is on this weekend.
Animal

Haha. I think that might be what it is.

I plan on giving Georgio a run for his money this weekend. I know his weaknesses :p

As opposed to some, most of us HAVE A LIFE and dont see bowling every weekend the be all and end all. Most of us also WORK all week so our weekends are more precious than for others. But Wayne if you wish to live in a deluded world and believe that we are all so frightened by Georges abilities then you just go for it.

Personally I wouldn't be worried by George in any situation. (Except maybe if he was naked, that would scare the crap out of me) but if he beats me then he beats me but I'll still sleep soundly every night.

Now go find a new hobby horse to flog as I'm sure George's butt must be getting tired and sore by now.

Just my THOUGHTS of course.

Guess the tongue-in-cheek aspect of my posts went unnoticed.....
The point is, tournament participation is down everywhere, yet we still see long formats (ie hefty entry fees) being used where the real winners are the bowls themselves, not the combatants.

As opposed to some, most of us HAVE A LIFE and dont see bowling every weekend the be all and end all. Most of us also WORK all week so our weekends are more precious than for others

Its ONE weekend! I work 5 days a week and I'm sure most of the other people who have put their name down do aswell. Yeah my weekends are precious but I'm sure I can give up this ONE weekend for a ranked tournament.

The entry fee might be a bit much but when you look at other ranked tournaments that have been held this year, our enrty fee is nothing compared to them!

NSW OPEN
Men $260 Women $200

SPC
Men $240 Women $210

Melbourne Tenpin Cup
Open div $300 Women $220

If people don't want to bowl thats fine but I really don't think the entry fee is that much of a problem. And to have a good prize fund you need to have a high entry fee.

Hi everyone,

As you may be aware the prize fund for the Aspley Open will have to be adjusted on the number of entries. Once B squad begins on Saturday we will have exact numbers so therefore we will be able to announce the new prize fund.

The tournament was based on 54 entries and now for obvious reasons we will cut to the top 15 bowlers.

Taya

Hi everyone,

As you may be aware the prize fund for the Aspley Open will have to be adjusted on the number of entries. Once B squad begins on Saturday we will have exact numbers so therefore we will be able to announce the new prize fund.

The tournament was based on 54 entries and now for obvious reasons we will cut to the top 15 bowlers.

So are you saying that they are now going to cut straight to the top 15 on Sunday. Instead of top 30 bowl futher 6 games then cut?

If this is the case how can you change the format of a National Ranked Tournament?

Gina

yes taya and if you look at the numbers for all those Tournament's each year the entry fee goes up and the numbers goes down do the maths thats y i have not bowled in any tournament beside k and k cause entry fee was cheeper then any one and prize found was up and numbers are all ways up for that tournament you need to remember some people these days have a lot to pay for i.e fuel rent food and kids if they have any so $200 is a big cut out of some ones pay for the week

Back
Top Bottom