Anyone up for a challenge

Kegelmaster

We are holding the 2013 Australian Championship in Kegel 9-pin bowling at the Coffs Harbour centre on the 7th and 8th of September. Anyone can qualify during the month of August and there is no nomination fee.
If you have never played Kegel 9-pin bowling, it is very similar as Tenpin, however there are a few major differences. The balls are all the same weight and size, smaller as Tenpin balls and have only two finger-holes. The lane is not oiled and is about 3ft longer, but 10 inches wider.
The international competition game that is played consists of two rounds of 30 balls, the first 15 into the full frame and with the second 15 balls, the frame has to be completely cleaned up before a new rack is set up.
Naturally, Tenpin bowlers adopt to the game very easily, but spin bowlers have some difficulty with it. Check us out on: www.kegel-sport.com.au

Just received the trophies for the 2013 Aussie Championship. Check them out.

We have had a few Tenpin bowlers check us out, but none registered so far.

Anyone that likes to see what it is, call in on any Wednesday evening during August from 5 to 9pm to the Coffs Coast Kegel Centre in Coffs Harbour and I will show you and let you have a free 15 minutes.

2013 Trophies.JPG

Nearly all of the qualifying scores are in and this will close on Sunday the 1st of September at 4pm. If you still like to join, give me a call on 0407 292112 to book a time.

I am very disappointed that no serious Tenpin bowler has registered. I have heard on the grapevine that some think that it is to difficult to score and they do not like the rope that you have to bowl underneath. Trust me, it is not as bad or difficult as you think; if you can score 5 pins average from the total of 9 per frame, you are a reasonable bowler.

Its a shame that no serious bowlers have had a crack at it. I've been wanting to try it since i saw you mention it previously, probly a year or more ago. The Challenge intrigues me!. I bowled at Port Maq last weekend and travelling down to Bathurst this weekend, and have also basically been off my feet with gout for the last 4 weeks. So had no hope of being in this.

I had a browse over the website, is the centre open daily or is it a book an appointment type of deal? Still very interested in trying this in the near future. How do kids take to it?

Hi BigDaz, just only now saw your post; would have loved to have you join us. We had a great competition over the weekend of 7th and 8th of September, but unfortunately hardly any Ten-pinners.

However, Jim Watts, a player from Coffs Harbour Holiday Tenpin lanes won the Men's section. Jim is still very active in Tenpin and bowls in a weekly comp there, but has tried Kegel about 6 months ago and got hooked and bowls both disciplines now. In a conversation with him, I asked why not more Tenpin players try to have a go; his reply was that they hate the rope that you have to bowl underneath and are not allowed to chuck the ball partly down the lane. Some apparently have tried it in the past and found it to difficult and did not like that a strike is hard to get.

Your question regarding kids is interesting, as we have a large following of children of all ages as the Kegel ball is smaller and lighter as the Tenpin ball; they also like the variety of games. Unfortunately, the word got around in Coffs Harbour that Kegel is a "Kid's" game, which is partly true, but when you play the competition games, you will realise quickly how challenging it is.

We have two centres in Coffs Harbour, the large 10 lane centre and also a small 2 lane centre on my property at Moonee Beach, which is only about 12km north of Coffs. Coffs Harbour centre is open daily between 10am to 10pm (02 66 522688) and for my small centre, you have to book by ringing me on 0407 292112. Would love to see you here one day.

Back
Top Bottom