AMF Village Bowl - Pattern Day Saturday 11 Dec.

Brenton_Davy

900Global bowler
AMF Village Bowl invites all current and prospective Village bowl league players to participate in the first annual "Pattern Day" on Saturday 11 December, from opening time.. It is your opportunity to determine the league pattern for Village Bowl for the 2012 league season. 4 different patterns:

1. Easy Street
2. Main Street
3. Beaten Path
4. Route 66

from the Kegel pattern library will be laid over 4 pairs of lanes. Players will be asked to vote on each pattern and the pattern that gets the most votes will be the league pattern for 2012. The lanes will be re-conditioned every 15 games throughout the day.

Look forward to seeing all there on Saturday.

Great idea Brenton, maybe something a few more bowls could look into aswell. I think ill put this to my league aswell.

Hopefully bowlers dont just take the "Easy Street" (pun intended) and give themselves somewhat more of a challenge.

Who knows, they might even improve a little over the year!!

Interesting idea. Be ready to line a lot of people up on patterns 3 and 4, Brenton! Although Beaten Path is an interesting one. It's very close cousin, Middle Road plays pretty tough on Anvilane and quite nicely on HPL. Good luck with it.

Robbie, after seeing just how badly the outside 9 boards on the panels at Tuggeranong have been glazed on the weekend, I would shy away from anything below 8:1. (Bourbon Street looks good - house shot with a tiny bit more volume outside.) It was a 6:1 that played God-awfully when the ACTTBA requested a pattern change last time. Then again, they also had the change of season (a big deal in Canberra), the change of conditioner, the resultant screw-up when the new conditioner gelled with the previous conditioner in the machine (which wasn't flushed), the air con troubles and torrential rain (plays havoc in Tuggeranong) during that experiment. It went really well, otherwise! :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Jason

I will be trying my best to get up there, but in saying that.. People will just want scores and not a challenge.. Let's just hope it doesn't turn out that way...

Up until 2.30pm only a handful of people had availed themselves of this opportunity which was a bit disappointing. Of those who did, however, most had voted 21 and 22, Beaten Path, as the favoured condition. That being said, most who took up the opportunity were tournament players and others more interested in bowling on something a bit more challenging with a bit more oil.

Back
Top Bottom