7-10 conversion or hole in one?

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
What do people think is harder? Both are difficult in their own right and yes just like bowling, some golf hole in ones are easier than others.

I think the bowling is a tad easier as it requires just alot of speed and luck, and lets face it, most people guys can hurl the ball down the lane at +35km/h.

What are your thoughts?

I can say as a bowler who has bowled for some 26 years I have never converted the 7-10 split - There are a number of times that I have spared the 7 pin or the 10 pin and would have taken out the other pin if it was standing.

On the other hand as a casual golfer - about 10 rounds a year I have achieved a hole in one at a workbreakup day 2 years ago.

Either way it all comes down to about 10% skill and 90% luck

7-10 would have to be easier. Between Morss and Wimpy they have, I believe, 12 converstions of this spare. They have been in a race for about 15 years or so and the score is 7-5 to Wimpy.
Stax

Ive only ever played golf once in my life and I had a hard enough time trying to get the ball outta the bunkers than gettin it in the hole. If we can talk mini golf I think thats just sherr accuracy. Ive only ever taken the 7-10 off a full deck...it was just luck i guess...but anyway, down to it, I think Ill either always come very close or actually convert the 7-10, than get that hole in one. lol.

I think the 7/10 is a lot less difficult than trying to score a hole in one. Billy Gardiner (NSW) has spared the 7/10 - 16 times (if my memory serves me correct) and I have spared the 7/10 - 18 times. The way I spare it is with power and luck combined, with Golf you need to have a patience and skill.

Daniel "Speedbump" Simpson.

The 7/10 has to be easier ...

I've been playing golf for 32 years, my handicap has been as low as 2, and I've had only 1 hole-in-one in my life.

A lot of my mates who play every week have never had one.

Maybe a hole in one's easier???

www.usgolfregister.org/faq.asp

What are the odds for making a hole-in-one?
The estimated odds of acing a hole with any given swing are one in 33,000. One of the missions of US Golf Register is to identify each and every hole-in-one, past and present, in order to provide more accurate statistics.

May a past hole-in-one be registered?
We are in the process of compiling the most accurate historic registry of holes in ones accomplished within the United States. Any hole-in-one made within the United States and it's territories are eligible for registration no matter the date.

Hole-in-one tidbits....

Most Holes In One
Norman Manley - 59 "Aces"
His first ace was in 1964 and made 4 holes-in-one in 1979.

Longest Hole-In-One
Michael J. Crean of Denver, CO- 517 yard par 5 9th hole at the Green Valley Ranch Golf Club on July 4, 2002.

Robert Mitera - 447 yrd 10th hole at the aptly named Miracle Hills CG on October 7, 1965

Oldest Player
Harold Stilson 101 years old. From Boca Raton Florida is the oldest golfer to ever do it. With a 4 Iron on the 108 yard 16th at Deerfield CC on May 16th 2001

I think i'm sitting on nine 7-10 conversions, to only 1 hole in one.

However, I have had 2 Double Eagles (2 on a par 5 and much rarer than a hole in one). I'm proud of those ;)

It would appear that some centres would be more suitable to sparing the 7-10

Ie at Morwell where I bowl I cant recall someone sparing the 7-10 for quite a numer of years if in fact at all and I think that it has to do with the backing curtain that is used. It is very hard to get the pins back on to the pindeck at Morwell no matter how hard and fast you can bowl.
At other centres that I have bowled u can get the pins back onto the pindeck quite easily.
This by no means makes the spare any easier to get as it still takes alot of luck but the odds of achieving the spare would be in you favour.
This theory would also apply to Golf Course where you could shank a ball off the tee and it rolls up to the green and into the hole, but if there was a bunker in front of the green the only way would be to hit it sweet over the bunker and into the hole.

Double Eagle is 2 on a par 5 (or a hole in one on a par 4) and is the term used in the States. It's also known as an Albatross in Aust.
As far as which one's easier, the 7-10 or a hole in one:
I'm with Woza, there is some skill in involved but also a lot of luck. I've been close to both but haven't quite been good enough to put the ball in the right spot to have a chance at being lucky yet.

Graeme

Yeah, Jen, i'm, in the full deck 7-10 spare club as well, coz i can't spare it normally, yet i can spare it with a full deck :? :| :-k

if a hole in one happns every 1/33 000, then it must be easier. I read somewhere that making a 7-10 split only happns 1/300 000. Im not sure if thats true or not.

Ive only ever picked up the 7-10 once, well twice, once as a spare, and once off a full rack, but i've never played golf. Only time i play golf is if its putt putt or if im in the park smacking the crap outta the ball.

I am going to say a hole in one is easier

Since this topic has been running - I have bowled 20 odd games and havent even left a 7-10. Infact I cant recall the last time that I left one. (Not in the last 2 months or so at least) With a hole in one everytime you step up to the tee you have a chance. With a 7-10 you have to leave it before you can spare it

Golf courses typically have 4 par 3's ... so you don't get a chance on every hole. You get about 4 chances a week, if you play once a week.

Believe me ... I have played golf for 32 years. I would have averaged a game a week.

so .. 4 x 52 x 32 ... = 6656 ... and I've had 1 hole-in-one.

Now .. give me 6656 chances to get a 7-10 ...

Well after watching Nathan Jenner convert one on Wednesday night at Maitland, when it wasnt even his go, and not on his lane, im gonna say that 7/10 is easier than hole in one. Well i think there is more than 1 way to get a 7/10 anyway and you have to be pretty damn good to get hole in one in golf. Also the amount of times i woulda spared the 7/10 if it was there, quite a few times :roll:

Back
Top Bottom