3rd Qatar International Open Tournament

The cut to 36 is done.
Our Alan Skupin finished 11th.

6 Games of Stage 2 bowled
Al sitting 20th on 216 ave, only 12 pins from next cut.
Good Luck tomorrow Al.

Tim Mack Truck is about 10th.

Well done to Alan Skupin. Made the top 16 in Qatar Open.
Sitting 14th, Tim Mack Truck is 13th.
Go Al.

Well done.

Well done al . Keep up the good work ,belt them in the finals mate .
We are all proud of what youve done get out there and have some fun .

wimpy

Go "FUBAR" Giv'em hell mate. Baron
icon_wink.gif
icon_wink.gif

Scoops

Good luck on beating up on all those little Qatarians. Oh and the rest of the world too !! hehe It's always good when an Aussie does well !! Go Scoops Go !!

Hi Guys,

Today is the final day of the Qatar tournie and sice the web site results haven't been updated yet, I'm pleased to let you know that Al has made it to the next stage Top 8, he won his match last night 3-2
icon_smile.gif

This morning is Top 8, then Top 4 and then Final.
Well done Al... You've certainly done us proud and really shown them all that you are just as good on any given sunday
icon_smile.gif
Keep it going bub, we're all behind ya both in Australia and Bahrain.
Cheers,
Neat.
PS Tim made it too, knocked Shaheen out.
icon_smile.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_wink.gif

Unfortunately for our friend, Scoops got knocked out by talented Columbian Andres Gomez 3-1. Based on pinfall, I think Scoops finished 6th which is $4000 US from what I can remember, not a bad effort.

Here are the top 4,

Gery Verbruggen - Belguim
Tomas Leandersson - Sweden
Tim Mack - USA
Andres Gomez - Columbia

No locals left which makes this a true International final, my money is on a Mack / Lee Anderson final, with Mack winning 3-2.

Once again, geat effort scoops

From what I can tell a Mack - Gomez final ..

Semi Final :

Tim Mack 277-266 (543) dft Gery Verbruggen 222-246 (468)

Andres Gomez 248-257 (505) dft Tomas Leandersson 210-186 (396)

Well back home now (so to speak)

And I must first of all thank all those that posted there words of encouragement
GO FUBAR GO

I would seriously recommend to all bowlers Down Under to book their holidays and save their pennies and get to the Gulf Region next year

I TRIED last year and have already planted the seed for next year, to overlap Bahrain Open and Qatar Open by a couple of days to help allow overseas players to attend both events.

I have also suggested that they form a committee, get a 3rd event in Dubai and have some form of circuit.

Could you imagine this year in the space of 3weeks a prize pool of over US$160,000.00 add another tourney plus a bonus points system winner this could be huge and a great lead up to the Swedish Super 6

Well for those that dont know

Tim Mack "Truck" won nothing short of impressive, final on not the easiest of pairs and with 3 TV Stations and cameras everywhere certainly didnt help maintain an even condition

Personally i had a pretty ordinary day Thursday lost 3-1 to Gomez from Colombia(Mack beat him in the final)
Then lost 2-1 to Anders from Sweden
Finally losing to Moh'd K Quaibasi 2-1 to finish 8th
Very happy a long week punched out almst 70games in 6 days and probably averaged 220+ for the week - so all in all very happy and very tired
icon_cool.gif

Thanks again to all who posted, next event Malaysia good luck to all the aussies going will be a strong field with alot from this event going over for the Perfect Game prize
Then Super 6 EVENT in Sweden then Egypt then Dubai has 2 events back to Back

All i can say is a good 20% of the field are true professionals

Tim Travelled in excess of 280,000 miles last year,not sure how much the Pros move around but that would have to be hard to beat surely
icon_eek.gif

GO AUSSIE GO

Your like a good piece of Steak Al. UNDERDONE. You better make that 21% cause I bet you did not include yourself in the list of Professionals. Well after that preformance I will say that you are now in that catagory.
A great result for you and a true Ambassador for Australia. Well done Buddy.

See you soon.
Stax

Thanks Staxie Boy for your encouraging words.

Nothing would make me happier than to see a lot of Aussies competing in this region next year.

Like I said before this year 2 events with over US$160,000. to be won and with both events being very successful every chance this will increase for next year.

Plus the Dubai event worth over US$50,00, if this was brought forward there could be well over 1/4million US up for grabs over a 3-4week period.

It had been a long time since I have represented as such but it sure did feel like it that week, and theres no better feeling than representing your country and/or state.

Alot there didnt realise i lived in Bahrain and were shocked when they heard....lol

PLEASE PLEASE GUYS YOU SHOULD ALL SERIOUSLY THINK ABOUT COMING OVER. Perhaps an event such as Melbourne or Perth Cup could obtain a sponsor such as Emirates for an airline ticket to Top Qualifier after Stage 2 to send them over.

Bahrain Open dates for next year are Feb17 - March 3 Hopefully Qatar will come forward and start on Feb 27 and finish March 10 we'll just have to wait and see

Back
Top Bottom