300 at Kelmscot Bowl

allenj

Congratulations to Matthew (Matt) Jones.
Game 1: 204
Game 2: 222
Game 3: 300.
For a 726 scratch series

15 yr old Matthew, bowled his first 300 game in the 5.00pm Arvo Juniors league, at Kelmscott bowl, 1st March 2006

Congratulations and well done Matt

Well Done Matt

Nice Game and Series

What is his average in the league? Be intersting to see how much over average he bowled

cheers

matt

matts league average was 184 before tonights series.makes his series 174 over average.
he was bowling with a trac phenom, the ball was drilled on sunday so this is the first time that he has bowled with it.
allenj

Just wondering, is Matt, at the age of 15, the youngest Bowler in Western Australia, to bowl a 300?
does anyone know of other junior 300's bowled in W.A.
I rember a Jason Watts, (i think that is his name, ) has bowled two as a junior,
anyone else?

i bowled one when i was 16 at fairlanes in 2004, i bowled one at junior nationals last year but was 18 so count that if you will

and i think Jason and maybe even craig blachut have also done it. I was told that i was the youngest to bowl a 300 at age 16 but now matt will obviously take that off me

well done again

matt

Ososober said:
Jason Watts, (i think that is his name, ) has bowled two as a junior,
anyone else?

Actually it was Jason Cordwell, who bowled one of his on 30-11-1992 at Kelmscott.

Also, Jason Watts, to my memory has bowled a 300 game.

Ian Jones

CONGRATS MATTY

Obviously was a good ball choice and a nice drill :p

as far as records of age in WA

i was the youngest when i bowled my first in WA
19yrs

Jason Cordwell then became the youngest he was 16yrs

Then Craig Blachut became the youngest he had only just turned 15YRS

Yes there has been a few juniors since but CRAIG is still the youngest in WA

more info on matts 300.

The ball was drilled at city by scoops on sunday, matt had a few practice frames. he did not bowl again until his 5.00pm league on wednesday.

matts games were bowled on a recognised tournament pattern, as kelmscott is using the 2004 rachuig pattern as a house pattern.

allenj

Back
Top Bottom