Cash league

allenj

New cash league starting soon the league is sponsored. here is an opportunity to win some good cash in a league.
Details below.
Kelmscott Bowl money league

The league would be based on twelve (12) teams there would be four (4) rounds for a total of forty four (44) weeks. Bowling would commence at 5.00Pm on Sundays.
Based on twelve (12) teams the estimated prize fund would be. $29,568.00
The entry fee of $30.00 per bowler, would add a further (48 x $30.00) $1440.00 to the prize fund.
The league would have an estimated prize fund of $31,000.00.
A suggested prize fund payout could be
1st place team $12,000.00
2nd place team $9,000.00
3rd place team $5,000.00
High individual game scratch $500.00
High individual game with handicap $500.00
High individual series scratch $500.00
High individual series with handicap $500.00
High Team game scratch $500.00
High Team game handicap $500.00
High Team Series scratch $500.00
High Team Series Handicap $500.00
Highest placed all female team $500.00
Highest placed all junior team $500.00
Also by sponsorship
A jackpot of $50.00 per week into a fund for the first or subsequent 300 game/s bowled,
All amounts to be paid out at the end of the season.
The league secretary and treasurer would each receive fifty cents per bowler per week for doing the books etc.

The total prize fund would be approximately $33,208.00
An alternative payout could be.
Alternative prize fund payouts could be;
** Ten (10) place payout plus the $2000 for high games
1 11500
2 5500
3 2600
4 1900
5 1700
6 1500
7 1300
8 1100
9 1000
10 900
Registrations available at Kelmscott bowl 08 93994400

im not even in the state... but noticed that number of games isnt listed either...

also none of my business but are you proposing that 3rd gets $5000 and 4th gets nothing???

Oops it is teams of four, and three games each week, prize fund is based on $30.00 per week, if bowlers want to pay $25.00 per week then obviously the prize fund pay outs would be adjusted. The 300 game $50.00 jackpot is via a sponsor. Any other queries or info can be obtained from the bowl. Sponsors are looking at creating a high profile and high prize fund league. Hope we hav'nt left anything else out
Regards Allenj

If bowlers want to prize fund payouts can be adjusted or changed, the payouts are some ideas from our sponsors but the deeper the payouts the less cash everyone receives but if that is what the bowlers want then alternative payouts can be done no problems.

Has this started up yet?? Is there any positions available??
Im also guessing that it is also handicaped?? What type of patterns will be available?
Just House type or sport type?

Cheers Peter

Lane conditionong patterns would have been discussed with the bowlers, but the sponsors wanted it to be a competitive pattern. yes it would be a handicap league as we might not have the scratch bowlers to make it work
Unfortunately due to lack of interest from the bowlers the sponsors who would have been contributing around $5,000.00 to the league may be putting their money to another sport.
We at Kelmscott can at least say we tried to get a good money league up and running, we put a lot of work in to organise the sponsorship.
we had 2 sponsors one of them was putting in $50.00 per week for a jackpot 300 game over the season would have been over $2,000.00 the other sponsor approximately $2,500.00 to $3,000.00Sponsors have given us another 3 weeks to get the 12 teams of 4 bowlers or we lose the money. I guess its up to the bowlers if they want to participate in a league like this

I can get a team together for sure.
But how many teams is it short??

This would be perfect for plenty of bowlers
out there that want to improve their bowling
and win good cash at the same time.

Hi,
Sponsors would like 12 teams of 4 bowlers, so far we dont have any interest from any other bowlers. The sponsors (approx $5,000.00) have given us another 2 weeks or we lose the sponsorship money. We have at least tried. There is good prizemoney, a jackpot cash amount for 300 games.
Cheers Allenj

Hi all sponsors have decided that bowlers arent interested in a big money league so have withdrawn from promoting the league and supplying cash incentives they are going to look at at basketball, hockey or soccer.
Sorry guys but we tried to get a professional type league with good prizemoney happening.
I guess the WA bowlers dont want this type of league available to them.
Cheers and regards
allenj

I would be interested in a high roller league, short season and $30-40 a week per person minimum going to prize fund. I would bowl if it was on a really tough pattern (flat 40ft would be an jnteresting choice) and it was scratch. If not maybe a weekly or fortnightly skins night. 5-10 games depending on numbers winner takes all each game, with $10-20 per game per person going into the pool.

Hi all sponsors have decided that bowlers arent interested in a big money league so have withdrawn from promoting the league and supplying cash incentives they are going to look at at basketball, hockey or soccer.
Sorry guys but we tried to get a professional type league with good prizemoney happening.
I guess the WA bowlers dont want this type of league available to them.
Cheers and regards
allenj

Allen

That is a very big call saying that the bowlers of WA DONT want this league. You need to look at the specs you had for it. SUNDAY NIGHT! How many people are going to bowl league on a sunday night? When most people who bowl will have sundays for their families, or golfing or other interests etc. I think if you want this to get off the ground, moving it to a weeknight will be your best option, as people can go from work to bowl like they normally would, rather then plan their weekend around bowling league.

The other thing i noticed, is that your sponsors demanded you have 12 teams of 4 players?!?!?!?! Lets be reasonable here. The odds of finding 48 players to start a new league, when it usually takes minimum 2 1/2-3 hours to bowl 3 games, on a sunday night, are beyond slim to none.

IMO, move the day to say a tuesday, change it from 4 man teams to a trios max (doubles works best from my experiences) and go from there.

Just my 2c

We are still talking with sponsors so maybe all is not lost. The league could be on a sunday, possibly a tuesday, or thursday.
Yes we do have wood lanes and are using a tournament pattern as a house pattern this means that bowlers have to be accurate, ball speed revolutions etc will make a consistent shot.
the sponsors were trying to make a prestige type league with good prize money, thats why they went with four person teams. Reducing the numer of weeks or bowlers would signifigantly reduce the prize fund payouts, but the sponsors may still be open to running it with a triples format over a shorter duration. we can only see what we can come up with, but we will keep trying as we dont want to lose valuable prize money sponsorship as once lost we will not get it back again. What do we do get it happening?
allenj

We are still talking with sponsors so maybe all is not lost. The league could be on a sunday, possibly a tuesday, or thursday.
Yes we do have wood lanes and are using a tournament pattern as a house pattern this means that bowlers have to be accurate, ball speed revolutions etc will make a consistent shot.
the sponsors were trying to make a prestige type league with good prize money, thats why they went with four person teams. Reducing the numer of weeks or bowlers would signifigantly reduce the prize fund payouts, but the sponsors may still be open to running it with a triples format over a shorter duration. we can only see what we can come up with, but we will keep trying as we dont want to lose valuable prize money sponsorship as once lost we will not get it back again. What do we do get it happening?
allenj

Why not do a skins tourney on a regular basis if you have willing sponsors who have the money? You might be able to attract more people on a bimonthly basis around existing calendar committments verses the amount of people every week. Not sure if location is a factor. In my case it would be over an hour for me to get home from Kelmscott to Hocking, doing a nightly league makes it way too late for work the next day.

Well let's work together with ideas to get this going.
3 per team. Say $30, 3 games. Work out how many
teams for the prize fund & weekly payout. If any.
I would prefer either a Monday or Wednesday night.
Do a sport type pattern changing from week to week.
A scratch league may be hard to get bowlers.
So handicap of 80% of 200 or 210??
These are just some of my suggestions.
But we need to get the ball rolling & get this underway.

Peter

It could have been a great league with some serious prizemoney unfortunately the sponsors have moved on and taken their money elsewhere, so our sport has missed out on about $5,000.00 worth of sponsorship. The sponsors are supporting a football and a soccer club not sure where they havnt told me. I feel that we as a centre have done our best to get the league up and running, it didnt happen so we will have to move on and try something else.
Cheers allenj

Back
Top Bottom