2013 Nationals

It wont be a WBT/PBA event this year, because of the clash. I have heard rumours that there was a large sum of money put up by the Townsville Council for the tender which was for the masters, but with the date clash, no amount of money will make it a WBT/PBA stop unless they change the dates, simple............its a shame, i know a fair few aussies heading to the World Series this year who would have bowled the masters as well but now they can't......

and the lowest attendance ever, when money is tight for everyone, put it at one of the highest cost required for non qld people

It wont be a WBT/PBA event this year, because of the clash. I have heard rumours that there was a large sum of money put up by the Townsville Council for the tender which was for the masters, but with the date clash, no amount of money will make it a WBT/PBA stop unless they change the dates, simple............its a shame, i know a fair few aussies heading to the World Series this year who would have bowled the masters as well but now they can't......

With the clash that's totally understandable.
Seems to be the ball have indeed been dropped this year, just when things were starting to make progress etc with record entries etc.

None the less will be there and supporting our national event

Th
Thats right tbey had to put up the 100k to win the bid to start with but now with the date clash it stuffs it all up sad really

With the the championship set down for October.

with WTBA events:-

1 - 6 October 2013: 11th Columbia 300 Vienna Open. Plus Bowling Centre, Vienna, Austria
and 13 - 20 October 2013: World Bowling Tour Thailand. Venue: Bangkok, Thailand.
and WSOB 25th October - November 3rd 2013 Las vegas Nevada USA.

I think the Australian Masters was doomed the minute the WBT calendar came out

Really needed to be a weekend in between Thailand and WSOB :(

2011 WSOB November 5th-15th
2012 WSOB November 2nd -7th

Would have had the extra weekend if they'd kept it 1st week in November, would been doable.

Back
Top Bottom