2011 Vili's Super League Season 35

Hi all

Please find attached the updated round 19 sheet with the deferred games included plus a pinfall correction

The round 20 results are also attached with a number of tight groups of 4 or 5 bowlers who could make some quick moves up or down the field without much effort.
Just remember a move of 2 or 3 positions could well equal $200 or $300 at this end of the season !

Also with a few people going away for nationals both young and old make sure you subs are all lined up or pre-bowls are arranged !!!!

Regards
Greg

Attachments

• 110815 Vili's Super League 35 - rd19-1.doc
    55.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 110822 Vili's Super League 35 - rd20.doc
    55.5 KB · Views: 21
Nothing much to report this week

Conor Quail & Graham Simpson had a close one sharing 2 wins each
Conor had a series of 912 to Graham's 883

Attachments

• 110829 Vili's Super League 35 - rd21.doc
    55.5 KB · Views: 15
A return to form to Geoff Barry with 983 series this week 221,237,267,258 saw the old fella jump 6 spots up the ladder !!

Jason Turai had a much more consistent week with a 905 series 225, 207, 229, 244

Dion Alexander had a 947 but Louise managed to take a game off him.

Conor Quail got the better of Dekland Modra 857 to 826 ..... 2 games to 1 with a draw in the 3rd

Michael Weisz thumped our leader Keryn Delany 830-745 224,204,223,179 to win 3 games to 1 and move Michael up 2 spots, with Keryn staying in top spot

Greg

Attachments

• 110905 Vili's Super League 35 - rd22.doc
    55.5 KB · Views: 8
Hi all

last week continued to see a number of surprise wins and some very close games

Highest and closest match was between Phil Drummond and Dion Alexander with both players having 2 wins and Dion taking the series by a pin
Phil's games - 211, 255, 218, 228 = 912
Dion's games - 196, 259, 256, 202 = 913

Another close match was between Conor Quail and Zac Krebbekx again with a result of 2 each and Conor taking the series b7 8
Conor - 215, 196, 179, 225 = 815
Zac - 223, 212, 177, 195 = 807
very friendly the way they followed each other down in the 3rd game ?

Michael Weisz also continued his good form of late taking 3 off Peter Jones with a 849 series 205, 211, 189, 244

Also don't forget to set aside the 31st October for the presentation of prizes etc for the season - we have selected this week as many people will be away for various events in late October so we want everyone who has bowled in the super league in any year etc to come to Vili's to mark this special night.

PLEASE SEND ME A RETURN EMAIL SO WE CAN ENSURE SPARE FOR ALL !

ALSO I would like to hear from anyone interested in running a new version of the super league which could commence on Monday 7th November at Cross Road.
I am in discussions with the bowl to continue the league in a format as close as possibly to what we currently enjoy so I would also like to hear from those of you who would like to continue playing.

As most of you know after 22 years of developing this league into the richest and most contested in Australia I have decided to give it away as my arm is worn out after bowling for 33 years bowling and I cannot tell you how disappointing it is to have this co-inside with Vili deciding to finish his sponsorship after so many years. I must also point out to those of you who do not know but Vili also stopped bowling due to physical injury and allowed the sponsorship to roll on for a few more seasons and I'm sure you will like to thank him personally on the 31st October.

Greg.

Attachments

• 110912 Vili's Super League 35 - rd23.doc
    55.5 KB · Views: 12
Note week 24 has estimates as I'm waiting on scores for Miss Ingoe and Mr Drummond

Pretty ordinary week for most except for Tony Long who has gone past Conor Quail into 3rd spot

A few close games too
Matt Bernhardt and Shirley Vreugdenburg had a close match sharing 2 games each with Matt getting the series by 8 pins

Frosty G. and Graham Simpson also shared 2 games each and Frosty got the series by 9 pins
203, 204, 223, 212 = 842 v 213, 206, 216, 198 = 833

Jason Strawbridge got the better of Dion Alexander winning 3 games to 1 but all good games
247, 245, 217, 214 = 923 v 223, 207, 214, 254 = 898

Also next season !!!

Jason Turai & Conor Quail have put their hand up to run the league and the paperwork and I'm just talking to the bowl about game rates etc to structure a prize fund

We currently have 20 or 22 bowlers looking at coming back with a couple of people looking at coming back who have had one or two seasons off.
So if you want to play in the league let me or one of the guys know very soon as only a few spots available

The new prize fund will be available shortly for discussion but without the contribution from Vili's the main changes may well be the cutting of
such prizes as; the $500 for 1,000 series, the bowler of the month awards, the very high prizes for the top 5 or 6 placegetters.
However what we will try to achieve is to keep the prize fund spread out for all but with the top 4 or 5 making a profit and spreading the money
around by continuing the award where every game you win will get you back around $ 5 regardless of where you finish !

Regards & thanks to all for your support and comments

Greg

Attachments

• 110919 Vili's Super League 35 - rd24.doc
    56 KB · Views: 9
No bowling tomorrow night with the long weekend and many people away

Attached is the sheet with the draw for the positional round on October 10th

Presentation meal at Cafe Vili's on Monday 31st October at 6.30pm please be there on time as it will start right on time - please confirm if you are attending as we need to reserve space !!!

Next season will be happening on Monday 7th November in a slightly different format and if you want to bowl please advise as there is only few spots left "as below"
probable costs will stay at $30 per week for 4 games and entry fee may go up to $100 (was $90)

Alexander - Dion
Barratt - Steve............... ?
Barry - Geoff
Bernhardt - Matt
Bernhardt - Sarah
Delaney - Keryn
Ingoe - Louise
Harkess - Nathan.......... ?
Jones - Peter
Krebbekx - Zac
Li-Sheng - Yeoh
Long - Tony..................?
Manning - Brenton........ ? are you ready for comeback
Modra - Dekland
Modra - Hamish
Mowat - Chris
Mueller - Phillip
Quail - Conor
Quaremba - Carlos
Strawbridge - Jason
Turai - Jason
Weisz - Joe
Weisz - Michael

Greg

Attachments

• 110926 Vili's Super League 35 - rd25 NO POINTS.doc
    46 KB · Views: 16
Hi All

We need to finalise the numbers so that a section of the cafe can be blocked off, as you know it gets pretty busy down there

As this is the final Vili's Super League in it's current format and the final from me after running it for the past 35 seasons or 22 years - everyone who has bowled in the league previously is invited to attend to event. (any alcohol will need to be purchased)

The league is continuing in a revised format and my thanks to Conor Quail and Jason Turai who have offered to do most of the behind the scene stuff to keep it going. There may still be a small contribution from Vili to help make this happen but it will not be to the amazing extent that he has supported the league over 30 of it's 35 year history. The original sponsors were AVCO Finance, ESSO Petroleum, and ASCOT Transport all names that have basically disappeared off the changing Australian business scene.

SO PLEASE DO 2 things for me !

If you are coming to Cafe Vili's at 6.30pm on Monday the 31st - TELL ME and advise if your partner is attending ?

For those of you in the league just finished. Your prize money will commence being paid into you bank accounts from the presentation
If you have changed the bank account you previously had this paid into please let me know. We are allowed to pay $5,000 per day so payment will be completed by the Friday.
For those continuing in the league I can hold onto the entry fee like normal and transfer it to the committee so please let me know if you also want this to happen

Regards
Greg

Attachments

• 110926 Vili's Super League 35 - rd25.doc
    56 KB · Views: 15
Back
Top Bottom