2011 Emerson Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
those that have already bowled zone, probably don't care about their northern neighbours apart from the final results to see who will join them at Epping

He be there when it counts tothie dont you
Worry aswell as me this year not just a spectator
Will be good to catch up with everyone from mentone
Again congrats on the win to progress thrue to final but
Little birdy tells me you guys are wasting time we got it this year
Hahaha

Hey all

Zone roll offs were finalised in Mildura on Sunday, Here are the results....

Im doing this off memory so if i get anything wrong then please let me know. Maybe Rob can post standings and top aves later on.

Mens Standings
1st - Epping
2nd - Shepparton
3rd - Sunraysia
4th - Chrinside Park
5th - Horsham
6th - Ballarat

Top men aves that i can remember are
??????? - 232 ave (Epping i think??)
Tim Thompson - 229 ave (Shepparton)
Peter Emmett - 228 ave (Sunraysia)
????????? - 227 ave (??????)
Ray Martin - 226 ave (Sunraysia)
?????????? - 226 ave (?????)

Secondly i have no idea about the womens standings.

As you can see my memory does not serve me well. Hopefully someone can help me fill in the blanks.

It was great to catch up with everyone once again and also meeting some new people, look forward to catching up with everyone at the finals.

Ladies Results are:
1st - Chirnside Park
2nd - Shepparton
3rd - Epping
4th - Bendigo
5th - Mildura
6th - Ballarat
7th - Horsham

Top Ladies Averages

Samara Murphy - 214 (Shepparton)
Amy Farrell - 208 (Chirnside Park)
Jamie Lee Spiller - 207 (Epping)
Jess Lawrence - 204 (Epping)
Kelly Jones - 203 (Sepparton)
Jacalyn Thatcher - 199 (Shepparton)

Hey all

Zone roll offs were finalised in Mildura on Sunday, Here are the results....

Im doing this off memory so if i get anything wrong then please let me know. Maybe Rob can post standings and top aves later on.

Mens Standings
1st - Epping
2nd - Shepparton
3rd - Sunraysia
4th - Chrinside Park
5th - Bendigo
6th - Horsham
7th - Ballarat

Top men aves that i can remember are
??????? - 232 ave (Epping i think??)
Tim Thompson - 229 ave (Shepparton)
Peter Emmett - 228 ave (Sunraysia)
????????? - 227 ave (??????)
Ray Martin - 226 ave (Sunraysia)
?????????? - 226 ave (?????)

Secondly i have no idea about the womens standings.

As you can see my memory does not serve me well. Hopefully someone can help me fill in the blanks.

It was great to catch up with everyone once again and also meeting some new people, look forward to catching up with everyone at the finals.

Forgot Bendigo. lol sorry fellas.

Final Emerson results.

Rob

Attachments

• EmersonLadies .pdf
    411.9 KB · Views: 50
  • EmersonLadies Ave.pdf
    590.1 KB · Views: 64
  • EmersonMen 1.pdf
    403.5 KB · Views: 57
  • EmersonMen Ave.pdf
    569 KB · Views: 84
9 teams in the Southern zone = 4 through to final
7 teams in the Northern zone = 4 through to final

Must confess i feel a bit ripped off --- judging by the standings there was one team that did not win many points-- so effectively 6 teams playing for 4 spots. Our zone also had one team not winning many points -- effectively 8 teams playing for 4 spots. Won't make a difference as to who wins in November but makes a difference as to who gets to bowl in the final.

I don't know how you can feel ripped off....there are 12 centres in both zones. One zone just had less teams enter. Both zones have 3 centres that will never put teams in.
Why the others did not bowl is any ones guess. Cannot keep changing the teams around as you still come up with the same results.

Now before I get a razz on this please inform me on how do we change / fix this again?

Rob

Something tells me Gary, with Echuca, Kerang or Wodonga putting a team in, it still would have been 6 teams playing for 4 spots. Unless there's some method of seeding (which would be rather sketchy given only one tournament a year) to split up the teams, your always going to get your stronger and weaker divisions.

(or what Rob said, he posted before I refreshed my browser)

I don't know how you can feel ripped off....there are 12 centres in both zones. One zone just had less teams enter. Both zones have 3 centres that will never put teams in.
Why the others did not bowl is any ones guess. Cannot keep changing the teams around as you still come up with the same results.

Now before I get a razz on this please inform me on how do we change / fix this again?

Rob
Answer is quite simple -- we bowled well and did not make the final. We bowled in a tough zone the other zone looked easier. Therefore i feel ripped off. Don't have the answer for how to fix and not even really asking for anything to be fixed - just having a moan because i am disappointed that we don't get to bowl in the final.

I did hear that the Shep police were in Mildurs this past weekend. Im sure ill get my letter in the mail from them. LOL Muppet Show.

Deano

Id like to thank Rob and Lisa and the crew for making the tournament fun and great conditions to bowl on with good people and great food.
Everybody who bowled seemed to enjoy the day but I think it would have been better over two days though.

Congratulations to the finalists and goodluck in the big smoke.

Cheers Lyndon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom