2011 Emerson Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is craig, i believe you have to have bowled 18 games league but you also have to be still in the league to roll off. ie can't bowl for 6 weeks leave league then roll off. As for the netball situation, surely the ladies should have been asked what was more important, the dates are never going to suit everybody all of the time. we all make the choice to represent our centres and then make the necessary arrangements to do that to the best of our abilities.

The last few years there have been more men's teams than womens and with the likelihood of 9 teams, no practice lanes, 9 games to be bowled it meant the men's day would be the longer day. So the decision was to put men first. If all women teams had participated (which almost happened) we would have been no worse off. As a result the sunday will now finish a bit earlier which means people can get away earlier. It also mean i can go to the pub on Saturday night and not have to worry about bowling Sunday :)
We only have one person that plays netball on saturday so bowling men first was a win win on both fronts. Northern zone are bowling men and women on same day - that has not happened before either but no-one seems too concerned about that?

This is a good question Marty if it was as some1 said due to netball we have some1 in our mens team that plays football and also we have had some1 pull out as he has to work on saturday. the dates were set for awhile now so could it have not been decided earlier. And Im pretty sure that people would have booked accomodation already aswell. Just asking so dont shoot me just dont agree with it thats all.
Mick - The dates were confirmed about 6-8 weeks ago and an e-mail sent out to all the centres stating Men on Saturday and Women on Sunday (from Colac bowl). I have had a number of queries on total bowling regarding what was going on, so i thought i would post the info on here for all to see. People have indicated that some centres have not passed on all the information to the bowlers (not shooting the messenger just trying to clarify).
This is not a late change - it was decided a couple of months ago

The last few years there have been more men's teams than womens and with the likelihood of 9 teams, no practice lanes, 9 games to be bowled it meant the men's day would be the longer day. So the decision was to put men first. If all women teams had participated (which almost happened) we would have been no worse off. As a result the sunday will now finish a bit earlier which means people can get away earlier. It also mean i can go to the pub on Saturday night and not have to worry about bowling Sunday :)
QUOTE]

What a sensible idea Gary, we will be home much earlier Sunday night!:)

The last few years there have been more men's teams than womens and with the likelihood of 9 teams, no practice lanes, 9 games to be bowled it meant the men's day would be the longer day. So the decision was to put men first. If all women teams had participated (which almost happened) we would have been no worse off. As a result the sunday will now finish a bit earlier which means people can get away earlier.
We only have one person that plays netball on saturday so bowling men first was a win win on both fronts. Northern zone are bowling men and women on same day - that has not happened before either but no-one seems too concerned about that?
It also mean i can go to the pub on Saturday night (with motta) and not have to worry about bowling Sunday :)

Might only be Captain Kerr...........Don't think either tim is bowling.........

The Line up will be
1Captain Kerr
2Captain Kerr
3Captain Kerr
4Captain Kerr
5Thomo
Bench:
6Stu
7Rowie

Hmmm that looks a very very strong team. Lots of "I" in the team there. Would be alot stronger if people werent suspended or have letters written to them. Its like Police Academy the movie. Wonder if there has been a week go past that there hasn't been a drama there. Fox television eat your heart out we have Shepparton instead of Jerry Springer. Oh yeah Team "I" it dosent hurt to have sportsmanship.

Deano

Like I said was only asking the question because that is what was going around about netball thats y I asked that question.As for notification we only found out on the weekend and that wasnt your fault doesnt bother me Im there to bowl and have some fun cant wait to see every1 again as last year wasnt a good ending for myself see u all there.

Good luck to one and all having a go in Emerson semi, high scores and most of all have some fun, see you all next year maybe:):):):):):):).

Gordon Robinson.

Mentone 43.5 - 8,408 - 1021
Bowlarama 40.5 - 8151 - 1012
Werribee 39.0 - 8114 - 1008
Narre Warren 37.0 - 7941 - 947
-------------------------------------
Colac 36.0 - 8520 - 1080
W'Bool 29.0 - 7576 - 904
Morwell 24.5 - 7938 - 971
Geelong 23.5 - 7703 - 910
Altona 16.0 - 6979 - 821

Went down to the last game with Narre getting pinfall by 11 pins against Colac to claim 4th spot

High Averages
Merv Billing 215
Paul Trotter 213
David Carmichael 205
David Porto 202
Wayne Mills 200

High Games
Merv 262
Mick Drummond 256
David Carmers 244

Congrats to the teams that got through and good luck in Epping

Ladies - final standings
Werribee 35.5 - 6092 - 934
Mentone 33.0 - 5793 - 887
Colac 30.5 - 5771 - 897
Narre Warren - 28.5 - 6145 - 908
--------------------------------------
Geelong - 25.5 - 5710 - 924
Morwell - 22.0 - 5785 - 928
Warrnambool - 15.0 - 5606 - 882
Bowlarama - 6.0 - 5125 - 773

High averages
Liz Millard 192
Narelle Baker 191
Tanya Steele 189
Lee Bowen 188
Nicole McPartlane 185
Rebecca Robinson 185
Tenille Scott 181 (10 more than Nick)

High games
Tracey Woza 253
Nicole McPartlane 226
Liz Millard 225
Tanya Steele 224

congrats to the teams that got through to the final (esp COLAC ladies :))

scores for every game..... Think i might make a come back next year to emerson... Well done Werribee Ladies

Final standings and results from Colac zone final

Attachments

• 2011_Southern_Zone_MEN.pdf
    815.2 KB · Views: 118
  • 2011_Southern_Zone_WOMEN.pdf
    775 KB · Views: 82
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom