2010 Melbourne Youth Cup

I may just be totally overlooking it but is there an actual entry form anywhere?
Like formatt and everything to have a look at?
Sorry to be a pain, just curious.

A Squad (Max 36 bowlers) Check-in 9am

B Squad (max 36 bowlers) Check-in 1pm
1. Emily Robertson
2. Lexi Nicoll
3. Jacinta Gilliland
4. Rachelle Flynn
5. Natarsha Vella
6. Bec Whiting
7. Renee Porter
8. Kirsten Field
9. Laura Kairn
10. Hayley Taylor
11. Alexander Collard
12. Steven Carman
13. Dwayne Vivian
14. Tyson Hinton
15. Aaron Stack
16. Trent Brooks
17. Kevin Mcrae
18. Nick Williamson
19. Shane Hadlum
20. Stephen Cowland
21. Mathew Chettleburgh
22. Jimmy Banfield
23. Matt Watson
24. Josh Morel
25. Nathan Parlby
26. Jason Drake
27. Nick Membery
28. David Altmann
29. Ashley Warren
30. Scott Robertson
31. Sam Cooley
32. Josh Alvisse
33. Ben Taylor
34. Braedyn Gavin
35. Dale McClure

Just a question, with the tournament only a week away and number of entries only half of what is required for prize fund, at this stage can we be given a rough figure of what the payout may change to. I know this may be hard to do but with only 10 girls names down and it based on 20 im assuming it will be approx half?!? Just doing my figures to see if its worth flying down from qld for.

Thanks
Hayley

Hayley i think the main question is why are the numbers so Low for this tournament????

also will there be a revised format....

I agree with Ash.

Where are all you youth bowlers??

When a youth tournament is in Melbourne they usually get good numbers. What has happened? Where are all you local bowlers?

Not to mention the fact where are the girls??

Melbourne Youth Cup has finally put in a female division and there are no girls to back it up there decision. This is why tournaments don't have girl divisions all the time because there are not enough numbers to back them up and you all whinge and moan cause you don't want to play against the guys. Well they finally put one in and where are all of you to support it?

Just my opinion.

Lexi

I Agree with lexi 100% here...

where is everyone??

interstate tournament not only need the surport of interstate bowlers.. but more importmently local youth and Jnrs...

So where are they???

I agree with both of you 100%.. I honestly thought that being in Vic there would be alot more youth support. I dont really want to pull out but the trip down is going to cost more than what is even possible to get back. Normally I wouldnt mind but we just got back from being away for 5 weeks, n it just has to be viable for us to do.

A huge thing is in the girls divison there is 6 from vic, 2 from qld, 1 from nsw and 1 from sa (correct me if im wrong).. I know qld has a hell of alot more girls that arent bowling and im sure nsw would be the same.

Its just a shame to see.

i have been asking my question why have entries been down in alot of youth tournaments this year compared to other years
in MY own opinion is that we have raised entry fees over the past couple of yars to 210 in some tournaments but yet prize fund is less even with two division
was just wondering why we would drop prize fund when we increase entry fees no doubt to cover the raised prices in bowling centres

just my thoughts

Proposed changes are with the TD's at the moment, I'll have something concrete for you as soon as I get it on Monday. Based on current numbers it's likely a format change would be reducing the cuts to 12/6 for the men and 6 for the ladies.
Prizefund changes would reflect the cut change with money-back for making the cut (12th male / 6th female) and alterations for the other positions. I'm trying to make sure the changes are as little as possible as it still needs to be worth the trip.

DON'T take this as written, as I said, changes are with the TD's and once they give them to me I'll pop them up.

Of course, if we get an influx of entries tomorrow, it wont need to be changed!!!!!

Thanks Luke...

Just really sad to see numbers like this... lets just hope and pry nubers are boosted some how...

Nathan, I can't answer for the other events, only for Melb Youth.

This year the entry fee is the same as last years, and the original prize fund was based on a total of 65 entries (45 male / 20 female) for a total payout of approx. $9000 compared to last year's based on 60 entries (one division) for a total payout of approx. $7500 payout. The loss of a sponsor was offset by a much reduced game rate from Oz Tenpin to help increase the payouts and allow for a separate female division.

A Squad (Max 36 bowlers) Check-in 9am

B Squad (max 36 bowlers) Check-in 1pm
1. Emily Robertson
2. Lexi Nicoll
3. Jacinta Gilliland
4. Rachelle Flynn
5. Natarsha Vella
6. Bec Whiting
7. Renee Porter
8. Kirsten Field
9. Laura Kairn
10. Hayley Taylor
11. Alexander Collard
12. Steven Carman
13. Dwayne Vivian
14. Tyson Hinton
15. Aaron Stack
16. Trent Brooks
17. Kevin Mcrae
18. Nick Williamson
19. Shane Hadlum
20. Stephen Cowland
21. Mathew Chettleburgh
22. Jimmy Banfield
23. Matt Watson
24. Josh Morel
25. Nathan Parlby
26. Jason Drake
27. Nick Membery
28. David Altmann
29. Ashley Warren
30. Scott Robertson
31. Sam Cooley
32. Josh Alvisse
33. Ben Taylor
34. Braedyn Gavin
35. Dale McClure
36. Ryan Burton

Unfortunatly Trent Brooks has work commitments this weekend and wont be able to attend this tournament. Could you please remove him from this tournament. Thanks.

Also sad to see and hear that the numbers are down, maybe more advertising or something? Maybe some bowlers cant afford it too? Just a thought...

It's a real shame to see the youth tournament scene dwindle like this.
The youth want a circuit, the girls their own division, and when one is offered, with substantial prize fund, the numbers just vanish.
Not saying this is the case in all events, the likes of Werribee and Sydney youth are premier events.

As to local numbers, the Vic shield/youth teams roll off is the following weekend, perhaps the costs of both have made a few choose only one.

I personally cannot offer a solution nor explanation for this... This year the youth circuit has experienced difficult and challenging conditions at most, if not all events. The experience on these conditions with fellow youth bowlers would be second to none for those juniors aspiring to be the next best thing in our sport.

The older youth competitors were young, fresh, and inexperienced at one stage in their bowling careers. With every tournament they bowl, something new is learnt.

No one wins them all... My brother has not missed a youth event this year (bar this one because of injury). At the start of this year he said he wanted to improve. He may not have come near one cut yet, but he comes home with things to work on, and having made new friends. Regardless, he doesn't beat himself up on performance, he's back at the next event, with a new plan of attack.
It's these type of bowlers we are missing... Not necessarily bowling every event, but those keen to prove to themselves what they are capable of, regardless of results.

I can only hope something is resolved in the near future, before the current youth begin to age out over the next 1-3 years. :(

Proposed changes for next weekend based on current entries of 26 males & 10 females:

Males:
First cut to change from top 15 to top 12.
Second cut to change from top 10 to top 6.

Females:
Cut to change from top 10 to top 6.

Prizefund:
Payout amounts to be altered as follows:

Mens Ladies
1. $850 $600
2. $600 $500
3. $500 $400
4. $450 $300
5. $400 $250
6. $350 $200
7. $320
8. $290
9. $260
10. $230
11. $215
12. $200

Must say a huge thanks to Luke and the crew at Epping for doing everything possible to keep an attractive prizefund for those competing. I'm sure all of us really appreciate your efforts!!

To the Victorians bowling/considering entering - why not have a shot on the pattern beforehand? Epping will have it down on the Friday, and also Wednesday night at 7.30 for their singles league, outsiders are more than welcome to participate. Nightly chance to win your cash back, plus an insight on the pattern, can't go wrong! PM Phluff for more details. :)

It's a real shame to see the youth tournament scene dwindle like this.
The youth want a circuit, the girls their own division, and when one is offered, with substantial prize fund, the numbers just vanish.
Not saying this is the case in all events, the likes of Werribee and Sydney youth are premier events.

As to local numbers, the Vic shield/youth teams roll off is the following weekend, perhaps the costs of both have made a few choose only one.

I personally cannot offer a solution nor explanation for this... This year the youth circuit has experienced difficult and challenging conditions at most, if not all events. The experience on these conditions with fellow youth bowlers would be second to none for those juniors aspiring to be the next best thing in our sport.

The older youth competitors were young, fresh, and inexperienced at one stage in their bowling careers. With every tournament they bowl, something new is learnt.

No one wins them all... My brother has not missed a youth event this year (bar this one because of injury). At the start of this year he said he wanted to improve. He may not have come near one cut yet, but he comes home with things to work on, and having made new friends. Regardless, he doesn't beat himself up on performance, he's back at the next event, with a new plan of attack.
It's these type of bowlers we are missing... Not necessarily bowling every event, but those keen to prove to themselves what they are capable of, regardless of results.

I can only hope something is resolved in the near future, before the current youth begin to age out over the next 1-3 years. :(

Couldn't agree more!
I started bowling youth events when I was 15 and I personally loved seeing and bowling against Australia's Best Female bowlers, it made me want to improve my game and become like them one day!

To the Juniors out there, don't be afraid to bowl youth events, we may look like scary people but we are all very friendly.

Back
Top Bottom