2010 Malaysian International Open

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
Details are below and more info can be found at

http://www.mtbc.org.my/results/33rdopen.htm

It's a good International event for first timers or people wanting a cheap holiday with some bowling thrown in. Flights are around $500 return to KL if you pick some specials (even cheaper I heard), accom is $50AUS p/p twin share. Entry fee is $120 AUS plus re-entries (about $40 per attempt).

You dont have to be there for the week, I'm planning on arriving with 3 days of qualifying left which equates to a quick 5 day trip. There are at least 4 people I know going from Australia (including myself), feel free to message me if you want more details.

Canon 33rd Malaysian International Open
12 - 21 March, 2010 • Sunway Mega Lanes Rules

Introduction
Malaysian Tenpin Bowling Congress is proud to annouce the hosting of the Canon 33rd Malaysian International Open Bowling Championship which will he held at Sunway Mega Lanes, Sunway Pyramid Shopping Centre, Bandar Sunway from the 12 to 21 March, 2010.

Several reigning world, regional champions and national teams have already accepted our invitation to compete in the championship. We are also extending invitations to many world-class bowlers to participate in this prestigious championship. At the same time, the Malaysian International Open will be a Asian Ranking leg for the World Ranking Masters 2010.

After three successful staging of the Canon Cup, we are again bringing you the Canon Cup 2010 in which the top 3 Malaysian male and top 2 Malaysian female bowlers based on their finishing position in the preceeding Open Masters finals will be pitched againsts the top 3 male and top 2 female bowlers from the Rest of the World in 5 head-to-head matches to determine this year's champion team.

The Canon Cup 2010 will be held on March 22 for a total prize money of RM45,000. For details of the special event, please click Canon Cup 2010. There will also be a Canon Youth Cup which will be held for bowlers aged of 14 and below (born in 1996 or after) in conjunction with the Canon 33rd Malaysian International Open. The one time payment event will be held on Sunday March 22 morning at 9.00am (check-in at 8.30am). Entry Fee : RM50/- per entry (Boys or Girls).

There are two official hotels: Pyramid Tower Hotel (RM285++ wo/breakfast) and Sunway Lagoon Resort Hotel (RM400++ wo/breakfast) are available for booking. We only have a total of 100 rooms and reservations are on a first-come-first-served basis.

The championship's title sponsor is Canon Marketing (M) Sdn Bhd with Sunway Lagoon Resorts (co-sponsors and official hotel), co-sponsors Century Logistics Holdings Berhad, Nestle Products (Milo International Youth Masters sponsor), ecoBrown, Mesuma (official attire) and Sunway Mega Lanes (official venue).

Sidney Tung
Secretary General

Tournament Secretariat
The Tournament Committee
Malaysian Tenpin Bowling Congress
c/o Pyramid Mega Lanes,
Lot F.2.22 Sunway Pyramid Shopping Ctr
Bandar Sunway, 46150 Petaling Jaya
Selangor, Malaysia
Tel: 603-7492 3226 Fax: 603-7492 3227
Email: [email protected], [email protected]

I have just returned from a holiday in Malaysia and cannot speak more highly of KL as a city to visit. If you are a first time visitor to Asia this is a great place to start.

Next time I go I will be defiantly checking out some of the bowling there.

If you are looking for cheap flights check out www.airasia.com - They mainly fly from Gold Coast, Melbourne and Perth.

Sunway Lagoon Resort Hotel (RM400 = $133 wo/breakfast) are available for booking. There is also an awesome water park at this resort worth a visit about $30 for access to all areas.

The best part about going to KL is the relative cheapness of 5 star accommodation. Having spent 4 nights there in December, I cannot speak highly enough of staying at the Traders Hotel in their Traders Club (read: top of the line) rooms. Around AU$200/night, but by far the best hotel I've ever stayed in, and would be well over AU$500/night for anything close here in Oz.

I will second that, the Traders is the best hotel in KL. I will be staying there again in March.

Return flights for $600 at the moment ex Gold Coast, its the cheapest exposure to a huge International event you'll find. If you want to go, let me know so I can forward you details to the organiser so I can arrange your pick up from the airport.

Emirates sale out of Melbourne, return flights for $583 incl taxes

If your interested it's not too late

Congrats to Sam Cooley for finishing 8th in the Youth Open Masters 197 average - and good luck for the Mens Open Masters.

There are several squads to go before mens Open Final line-up complete, masters start Friday, currently both George and Sam have qualifying scores.

Leanne

Also congrats to Bec Whiting for finishing 24th in the Womens Open Masters 185 average.

Up against some big names there mate!! Good work!!

Back
Top Bottom