18. Tanya Dent (L)
19. Lauren Proctor (L)
20. Brendan Meads
21. Mitchell Roberts
22. Kate Murry (L)
23. Geoff Ott
24. Allan Sloan Jnr
R1. Dominic Carswell
(A Squad is full - $100 deposits secure spots)

B Squad
1. Brandon Qualischefski (D/C)
2. Marissa Schulze (L)
3. Ross Matthews
4. Alf Matthews

5. Stephen Ellul
6. Angelo Nucifora
7. Scott Gillington
8. Paul Trotter
9. John Grendon
10. Paul Robinson
11. Hayden Manskie

12. Rachel Manskie (L)
13. Rochelle Mottlee (L)

14. Cameron Nowak
15. Aaron Nowak
16. Carl Bottomley
17. Brian Pilkington
18. Justin Grech
19. Carl Barbara
20. Derek Jones
21. Chris Wingett aka BETTY
22. Graham Allen

23. Jessica Starkey (L)
24. Casie Payne (L)
(B Squad is full - 1 spot left with unpaid deposit)

C Squad
1. Carol Cowley (L)
2. Jason Furze
3. Matt Beetson
4. John Dunn

5. Chris Carney
6. Mick Fenech
7. Peter Bowling
8. Amanda Bowling
9. Paul Chambers
10. Luke Green

11. Robbie Buckley
12. Darryl Aford
13. Malcom Hunt
14. Jeffrey Gortsman
15. Lauren Hunt (L)
16. Rob McGrath
17. Shayne Melton
18. Mark Lawton
19. Ian Wier
20. Ashley Clark
21. Errol Foo
22. Darren Bianchi
23. Brenda Carr (L)
24. Anthony Meikle
R1. Cheryl Blinkham (L)
R2. James Dent
(C Squad is full - $100 deposits required to secure spot)

To pay your $100 deposit to secure your spot phone the bowl on 07 4952 1509.

Bold & Underline = Paid in full
Bold = Deposit paid
(L) = Ladies division

Hi all,

Please see attached pattern for the tournament.

Also as we do have extra names for the available spots, so we will open each squad up once most deposits are received - so I suggest to secure your spot you phone 4952 1509 and pay your $100 deposit.

See you all soon!

Cheers, Melissa.

Attachments

• Mackay Open Pattern.PDF
    1.1 MB · Views: 89
It's nice to see Mackay being the laid back town it is laying a 'Recreational' Pattern. Any thoughts of setting something tougher or do you guys like to see everyone throw strikes in NQ?

It's called 'Recreational' for a reason, why not some from the Challenge or Sport series on the Kegel website?

Accommodation:

White Lace Motor Inn
73 Nebo Rd Mackay QLD 4740
ph: (07) 4951 4466

Shamrock Hotel
165 Nebo Rd Mackay QLD 4740
ph: (07) 4957 2629

Mackay Grande Suites
9 Gregory St Mackay QLD 4740
ph: (07) 4969 1000

Country Plaza Motor Inn
40 Nebo Rd Mackay QLD 4740
ph: 1800 076 526

Hey Liss

Have spoken to Mackay Resort, they will give us rooms for between $138 and $150 a night depending on what size room people need. Bowlers just have to say its for Mackay Tenpin Open and they will put us all in the same vicinity.

Julie

With that pattern getting put down i am making the call. 230 ave to make the cut.

Hope you have your carry shoes on Carry fest time looking forward to see the scores.

Come on George,

The majority of southern tournaments (with a few notable exceptions) have been laying down super easy patterns for years and as a result we northern bowlers have had to watch people throw 300's at a Bradmaneque like rate while up here we were lucky to get 1 in the whole of NQ per year.

Now some of the NQ centres have upgraded their technology and are able to match what others in Australia are doing you want to have a shot at them.

Fair dinkum you're a goose sometimes.

If you don't like it don't bowl, I'm sure there is a tournament at the "Back of Beyond Superbowl" that has 10 entries that you would be a shoe in to win. :rolleyes:

We can debate this further tonight

To Liss and all the guys organising the Mackay Open keep up the great work, George is just scared that with a good pattern he might have a bit of competition :D

Cheers

Tubby

A huge misconception in our sport is that high scores equals increased participation. Setting soft conditions does nothing except stroke the ego's of bowlers who are not that good to begin with. Why do you think our National tournament scene is in a mess? Tournament numbers in Australia have never been lower and the trend is continuing. Most bowlers not wanting to participate in 'carryfest' knowing quite well they will have to avg 240+ to win.

League is a different story, setting soft conditions for the locals who support your local centre is totally up to the proprietor, this is the recreational part of the sport.

Tournaments are a whole different ball game, it should separate the sport of bowling from the recreational game by placing an emphasis on skill. In todays carryfests we sometimes lose sight of the challenge of the sport for the needs of the standard bowler. The differences between skill and technology have become blurred, it is important as a sport we provide crystal clarity to those differences.

K&K is our biggest tournament every year, people knowing quite well that the lanes will be tough. You don't increase tournament fields by soft conditions, you increase tournament fields by treating the bowlers well, running a well run event and setting something challenging for all participants. Our sport has been going backwards for several years, no need for tournament promoters to put the foot on the gas even more and go further backwards by laying soft conditions.

Bowling goes through cycles, NQ's current trend of setting 'recreational ditches' has been done before not only in Australia but Worldwide. It is clearly proven, it does'nt work. It is a band aid approach to a large problem, TBA endorsing such patterns adding fuel to the fire. The USBC have introduced the new RED, WHITE and BLUE standard of lane conditions, let's hope we are not too far away from introducing the same to bring some credibility into the sport.

I'll still be in Mackay, just don't agree with 'recreational' ditches being laid for National events.

George
If you think that the conditions in most Australian Tournaments are easy to bowl on, it's got me stumped as to why you bother to live in Aust why don't you go overseas again so your over inflated ego can get deflated again. All you seem to do is criticize:mad: you maybe GOD in your eyes but not in everyone's eyes:mad::mad:

George
If you think that the conditions in most Australian Tournaments are easy to bowl on, it's got me stumped as to why you bother to live in Aust why don't you go overseas again so your over inflated ego can get deflated again. All you seem to do is criticize:mad: you maybe GOD in your eyes but not in everyone's eyes:mad::mad:

I agree, George is not a god in most peoples eyes and can be testing to deal with. That said, in this case he is right, soft conditions are killing national level bowling.

I agree, George is not a god in most peoples eyes and can be testing to deal with. That said, in this case he is right, soft conditions are killing national level bowling.

You will never get new bowlers entering events that take 220+ ave just to make the cut. No matter how hard or easy the pattern is, GENERALLY the cream rises to the top, but attracting fringe bowlers to enter a carryfest maybe a little difficult.
And what do you mean George isn't God? What shall l do with my shrine to thee??

I have to agree with george on this 1. I cannot believe a nationally ranked event can put something down such as what we have seen. These types of conditions (shoot me later, read first!) cannot augur well for elite level bowling in this country.

I recently bowled at caboolture and it was clear very early in the day after 6games of continuous leaves of corners that it was a carry contest and you had to almost avg 220 to make the cut. It will be no different seeing this condition!

Fair enough to have league type conditions in wide bay or normal tourneys, but at a national level it has to be tough like george said.

my cut prediciton is 218 and in saying that everyone has to bowl on the same conditions regardless. good luck to all :)

Hard or easy conditions is not the concern, getting centres to hold and run tournaments is hard enough than when they decide to, all they hear is ( it's too easy. it's too hard. pinfall should carry over. I'm not going because it will suit so & so . and so on ) I'm sure there is a lot more . I feel that the people running these tournaments would be happier if they heard (its great to see your holding the tournament again . the best bowler won on the day . and so on ) YOU ALL WANT THESE TOURNAMENTS & people to run them so stop complaining & let them get on with it . OTHERWISE get out there & run a tournament yourselves so it can be just as you want . THEN SEE HOW EASY IT IS .

Rob you have hit it on the head... No matter what tournament it is or where it is there is always this sort of negative feedback from us the bowlers (everyone has done it at sometime).
We will never all agree on what is a "fair" pattern and what is the "true" score, At the end of the tournament the winner has still won and throughout the country those top guys are generally always at the top. hmmm i wonder why.... probably because they are all pretty damn good bowlers! Do they worry about what has been put down in front of them (yes they probably make comments along the way).... but at the end of the day they just go out and get the job done.

I was fortunate to bowl in Mackay last year, the centre was great and the people running the tournament do a great job. There was atmosphere! I wonder if that could be a reason the tournament is full again.... surely not :).

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on these things but to go out and criticise a tournament that is successful is just plain mad, Mackay have surely earnt the right to put whatever pattern they feel like down and not have to justify it, especially to people who are not even bowling in it!....

Maybe some of the majors (If they want to improve their participation numbers) that have been struggling should look at the popularity of the K&K, Ladies Classic and NQ tournaments and see why they continue to get the numbers year after year.... I am sure that lane conditions are not the underlying factor.... At the end of the day the only numbers (other than prizefund) that are important are the entries

Rant over...... Just my 2 cents worth.

Yeah !!!!!!!!!!!! Hip! Hip! Hooray! Go Mackay - in 2008 there were 'huge' numbers of bowlers in Oz who bowled 6 or more Ranked Events.

13 Adult Men
7 Adult Women
18 Youth Men
12 Youth Women

Let us here in sunny Queensland be pleased that the majority of events are extremely well supported by bowlers, centres and sponsors. Just lucky, I guess.

Flower

A Squad
1. John Oliver
2. Rob Kaluci
3. Rob Webster Jnr

4. Kyla Richardson (L)
5. Sonia Vass (L)

6. Mark Louk
7. Greg Worland

8. Matthew Carey
9. Ros Dunn (L)

10. Shaun Dunn
11. Steve Hunt

12. Gary Bailey
13. Hamish Rogers
14. Justin Muscat
15. Brendan Muscat
16. Tanya Dent (L)
17. Lauren Proctor (L)
18. Brendan Meads
19. Mitchell Roberts
20. Kate Murry (L)
21. Geoff Ott
22. Allan Sloan Jnr
(2 spots left)

B Squad
1. Brandon Qualischefski (D/C)
2. Marissa Schulze (L)
3. Ross Matthews
4. Alf Matthews

5. Stephen Ellul
6. Angelo Nucifora
7. Scott Gillington
8. Paul Trotter
9. John Grendon
10. Paul Robinson
11. Hayden Manskie

12. Rachel Manskie (L)
13. Rochelle Mottlee (L)

14. Cameron Nowak
15. Aaron Nowak
16. Carl Bottomley
17. Brian Pilkington
18. Justin Grech
19. Carl Barbara
20. Derek Jones
21. Chris Wingett
22. Graham Allen

23. Jessica Starkey (L)
24. George Frilingos
(B squad FULL)

C Squad
1. Carol Cowley (L)
2. Jason Furze
3. Matt Beetson
4. John Dunn

5. Chris Carney
6. Mick Fenech
7. Peter Bowling

8. Amanda Bowling (L)
9. Paul Chambers
10. Luke Green
11. Darryl Alford

12. Mark Lawton
13. Ian Wier
14. Jason Walsh
15. Nick Gray

16. Robbie Buckley
17. Malcom Hunt
18. Jeffrey Gortsman
19. Lauren Hunt (L)
20. Rob McGrath
21. Shayne Melton
22. Ashley Clark
23. Errol Foo
24. Darren Bianchi
(C Squad full - deposits required to secure spot)
R1 - Brenda Carr (L)
R2 - Anthony Meikle
R3 - Cheryl Blinkham (L)
R4 - James Dent

To pay your $100 deposit phone the bowl on 4952 1509.

Bold & Underline = Paid in full
Bold = Deposit
(L) = Ladies Divison

Hey guys,

I have paid my entry in full, but do not have a line under my name, just a typo I am assuming :)

Cheers

Steve Hunt

Back
Top Bottom