2008 "K & K Classic" Win-A-Spot

JWhitty

Code and Scoring Guru
It's my pleasure to announce to the ACT bowling community (and anyone who'd like to travel) that with a good deal of support from Kellie and Totalbowling, we have the opportunity to hold a Win-A-Spot tournament for the 2008 K & K Classic!

"Ah, but it's in Queensland!" I hear you say - yes, yes it is. That's why the prize includes One Return Airfare!

"Pffft, still gotta stay somewhere..." - Yes, well we can't give you everything... Think of it this way, flown to Brissie, entered in a tournament, for the mere $70 of one nights accommodation...

Now, nothing is confirmed yet because the centre manager I want to speak to is on holidays, but the concept is this;

Format: 10 Games scratch pinfall
Cost: $90 - $95 total (remember the airfares are in this, and still TBC)

For the full prize, 15 competitors are required. If more than 20 competitors are entered, second may be given a spot but no airfares - depending on the actual lineage rate we organise etc...

I'm tentatively thinking Sunday February 3rd @ 9am in Tuggeranong, but I have not been able to confirm this with the centre yet.

I do need expressions of interest please. I will confirm the date and cost as soon as I can (mid next week apparently), after which time I will confirm with anyone who has expressed an interest if they'll place an entry.

Anyone interested?

Jeff Whitty is always brainstorming ideas, and I think it's excellent that we have great minds, even if its in the smallest state/territory in Australia!

Love the idea, and i will definately be putting my name down! I know of a few scratch bowlers in Sydney whould like the oportunity to do this tournament as well! I'll be spreading the word!

Jeff, it was brought to my attention that the SE Zone Country Challenge is on that weekend also. Dunno what you can do there?

Nothing left to do there, it's unfortunate but I just don't see what else we can do, we can't really wait much later than already scheduled, we can't squeeze it in before the Australia day weekend (which is bad for obvious reasons)

Unless the centre blocks it, it will have to be the proposed weekend.

Hope that doesn't take Palma's Posse out of it?

How are the numbers going Jeff?

I think a majority of the bowlers who would bowl the win-a-spot don't bowl in the country challenge (clashes with way too many other tourneys throughout the year).

Good to see some local events happening

CT

It affects someone I know and a few others. No big deal, should do well! I'm sure Chris Thomas and Jason Doust will let some of their friends know also.

So far only myself and Michael McLaren are interested from over here.

Numbers are "O.K", I've had at least ten "probably" responses. I haven't heard from you brother or Mr Cunningham Chris. I'd like to get the word to a few others like Ben Berry, and that other guy from Victoria that moved up recently whose name completely escapes me at the moment...

I think we should be able to run at least the open division, the restricted - maybe.

Let me get on to them and i'll see what they say. I'm 99% certain that Mr Cunningham will have a go. 99% sure my brother wont LOL

Announcement
I had an idea about this, what do people think.
Increase cost slightly, $115 or so for the ten games.
Prizes:
1st Paid K & K Classic spot with airfare, as already advertised ($700 value, give or take)
2nd Paid spot in the Ebonite Sports Series final 22nd February, including the pre-tourny ($370 value)

And I think I can make that work with just 15 bowlers if that's all we get. You can't beat a 1 in 7 payout of free spots...

Back
Top Bottom