2007 Senior National Championships

Peter Coburn

Sponsor
Tuesday 19th September 2007 - The cream of Australia’s elite and restricted senior bowlers descend upon AMF Craigie Tenpin Bowl this week to compete in the ever popular national seniors championship. The annual event for bowlers over 45 years of age moves from state to state on a rotational basis and this year it is the turn of the Western Australian branch of the Australian Tenpin Bowling Seniors Organisation to host this prestigious event.

Bowlers attending from all states and territories arrived early to prepare for both the restricted and open interstate challenges. The attendees this week reads like a who’s who of Australia’s best bowlers from years gone by, with past national, Australian and World Champions in the various state teams.

The Mayor of Joondalup, Cr Troy Pickard, welcomed the capacity crowd at the opening ceremony this morning, while Western Australian tenpin bowling legend and national Hall of Fame member Ms Del Da Rae bowled the first ball to officially open the 10 day long tournament.

Over the next three days eight states and territories will go head to head on the lanes in the 2007 Restricted Interstate Challenge, followed by the Australian Senior Masters immediately prior to the 3-day Open Interstate Challenge.

All interested and enthusiastic tenpin bowlers are welcome to attend AMF Craigie in the coming days. With one perfect (300) game already recorded the scoring is high and there are sure to be many more from the sport’s senior elite.

# end #

I just wanted to say congrats to my dad for being inducted into the Hall Of Fame for all the years of bowling in the seniors and making the state team and for high average.
Well done Dad, you deserve it.
Congrats to the female bowler who also made the hall of fame, but sorry i cant remember her name right now. Sorry.

Congratulations Chris
Just reward for a great bowler and a great bloke,I"m sorry I missed the fun in Perth,maybe we will catch up in Melbourne
Chris Kirwin

Back
Top Bottom