2006 SPC clash...

Michelle

Has anyone else noticed that this year the "apparently" best Australian tournament the South Pacific Classic is being held at the same time that the top 6 men in the country will be in Korea competing at the Mens World Championships.....

As far as I can see there is nothing else on at the end of September, so why can't the tournament be moved to then?????

Michelle said:
Has anyone else noticed that this year the "apparently" best Australian tournament the South Pacific Classic is being held at the same time that the top 6 men in the country will be in Korea competing at the Mens World Championships.....
As far as I can see there is nothing else on at the end of September, so why can't the tournament be moved to then?????

The ECCC or East Coast Challange Cup is on at the end of September

So What!!!!!!!!!

For those that bowl, it will give someone else a chance to represent Australia at the World Cup or Masters (whatever the tournament is).

Good luck to those that get the opportunity to do so!!!!
:D :D :cool: :cool:

You can be assurred AMF are aware of the clash and are looking for alternate dates to host the event. As for allowing someone else to win, given that the winner represents Aus at the World Cup I think it is pretty obvious that we need the countrys best at this event so the best person can be our rep at the world cup. If that means the same person wins the event for the next decade then so be it.

SNEEZY said:
So What!!!!!!!!!
For those that bowl, it will give someone else a chance to represent Australia at the World Cup or Masters (whatever the tournament is).
Good luck to those that get the opportunity to do so!!!!
:D :D :cool: :cool:
The above quote ranks as 3rd in the top 10 of stupid things people have said on this forum!!!!!!
As far as i know, the ball is rolling slowly about changing the dates. Not sure of what the final outcome will be. Will keep you posted though.
Nice to see George F back on here though!
Belmo

I still find it rather odd that a single event is what determines the single person who becomes the Aus rep - I know this is a similar situation in many countries, but would it not be better to have the top ranked right handed bowler ?:) That way a clash would not be the end of the world !...

So Belmo , Whats with the other 9?

But back on the topic it wouldn't be doing anyone any favours if you weren't competing against the best this nation has to offer at the SPC!!!!

hamo( hope that sounds rite)

krdavis said:
I still find it rather odd that a single event is what determines the single person who becomes the Aus rep - I know this is a similar situation in many countries, but would it not be better to have the top ranked right handed bowler ?:) That way a clash would not be the end of the world !...

Why the top ranked right handed bowler? Why not a single event?

Do you think Cara Honeychurch wouldn't deserve to represent Australia on the PWBA Tour (when it was on) because she is left handed?
Are you saying that George F and Brenton D don't deserve the title of Australia's number one bowler because they are left handed?

As for the one tournament - would you rather see it based on several tournament results of which only some of Australias cream bowlers can get to? Why not one tournament that every good bowler knows in advance is for all the beans - so they have to get there and perform on the day.

Did I miss something in this post? (Or do you just have left-handed envy?)

krdavis said:

Hey george better swap hands
belmo might be in trouble too even tho he uses his right hand

Back
Top Bottom