2002 Tournaments

W

westie

Does anyone know what WA tournaments are going to be running next year and if there will be another circuit type thing again like the grand prix or west coast challenge?
I miss bowling regular tournaments in our own state.
cheers.

Alan, You should start thinking about travelling to a cpl of events. SA Cup is always good and SPC was always a favouriteof mine

Last yr and this year there were at least 3 o4 that travelled around, find out who will be next year and get a group happening might help with the cost of flights may also help trying to find a sponsor knowing more people will be promoting the product

Finally the calender of events doesnt get discussed until after the nationals when the Aust. Board informs everyone when their events are on. Usually all the manaers get together around mid November to discuss who wants what w/end and swap dates. By the middle of December you will find at least one of the centres will produce a calender normally Fairlanes does this.

Good luck with your ventures, maybe if you save enough pennies you could come for the Bahrain Open

GIDDY UP!!!!!!

Thanks Al.

I will be bowling in all the super 6 events next year and I know more WA bowlers will bowl in more events next year so I will get in touch with them closer to the dates. With Virgin airlines setting up in december it should make competing for WA bowlers an affordable option now.

I'm planning to go to England aswell next year so might stop over for a tourny on the way.

cheers.

Well from what i saw a cpl of main differences between there British Open and the Bahrain Open

British Open alot more bowlers like i think this year in excess of 200
Bowl so many games and cut to 92 then again bowl cut to 48 then again bowl cut to 24 then again bowl cut etc etc

Here you bowl 3 game sets and must bowl at least 3 sets to qualify. Bowl as many times as you like and take your best 3 set 9 game series to qualify.

The money here is, in comparison to back home huge. US$15,000. last year first prize.

Where as the British Open this year was I think around 4000pound so a difference of approx 8000 aussie dollars

Any way good luck with your events

GIDDY UP!!!!!
icon_razz.gif

Back
Top Bottom