Wrist guards

Brett

Are wrist guards a good idea? I have an adjustable wrist guard that allows you to cup your wrist, change side roll etc. Some people say that they restrict your revs, and in the long-term it would be better not to use it. Any ideas?

I use one. Pete Weber Uses one. Thats good enough for me... hehe Advertisment at its very best...
When i started bowling, i needed help to get good revs on the ball as young boy, wasnt the strongest kid on the block. Ever since ive used one, slowly upgrading from ones the simply help, to the one you describe where it can do nearly anything for your wrist. The only reason i still use it is because, it just feels wierd without it. Bowling is a game of Feel, and some people have a Feel with a wristguard, like me, then let them use it. It might restrict my revs, but i dont mind, i can still throw a good shot.
However, I do take mine off for spares... just a small habit of mine to allow for total breaking of the wrist and no revs on the spare ball. anyone else do this??

Later Da Cowman!

I adjust my wristguard to uncupped for spares, but I don't take it off. I just think it's a pain in the a*** taking it off and putting it on again, especially when you're having one of those days when you can't get any carry.

The reason i take mine off is i feel i can come COMPLETELY behind the ball for my spare shot.

If you ever see me going for a spare with wrist gaurd off you'll see that the ball basically rolls completely forward.

I also mentally, it just doesn't feel like im coming right up the back of the ball when i have the wrist gaurd on.

Well I have used 3 different wrist guards, and I have tried taking it off for spares as well as leaving it on. I find I spare a LOT better when I leave it on, it's all about feel as was stated before. To me it just feels more natural to keep it on all the time.

For the price you pay for a megatech without instructions on the adjustments and what they do is werid anyone out there who has the adjustments working for them let me know, I would love to try them out :roll:

Yeah I have one that I am not currently using, it's not that hard to get working properly. Sometimes the lever can be really hard to move though as it gets like stuck. All you have to do is loosen the lever in the middle section and then you can move the cupping right or left, and to change the pitch of the hand you have to screw the bolt up or down as desired.

I use a mongose wristguard manily because I have a weak wrist and it does get painful without a guard. On the up side, I get a lot more lift and resualting hook.

I used a mongoose - changed to a mecatech for about 18 months, but now have gone back to the mongoose..

I went through two mecatechs, the first one the little adjuster thing broke and there was no way it could be fixed, the second one the thread on the screw in the other adjuster thingy got all out of kilter and it can't be adjusted at all.

I am bowling a lot better now that I have gone back to using the mongoose. I agree with the earlier comments about the mecatech, you really don't know what all the diff adjustments are meant to do for you and to what extent they are meant to change your release/whatever.....

Give me the mongoose any day... I feel much more comfortable using it.. and if it is good enough for Trots... :D what more can I say..

If you want to buy a wrist guard look at my post in the 2nd hand forum

James Sitters

Back
Top Bottom