Wrist Guards

J

jase_mate

Hey Guys :)

I was just wondering would a wrist guard be helpful to a person who isn't bowling with a perfect sing yet...???

Would it be good for people for people that take the ball behind there back or bringing it across there body on the release?

Can anyone help me?

Thanks Guys :)

JaSe :cool:

Well i only use my wrist guard cause i have a weak wrist and also to help improve my revs.........not to sure if it will work for your problem...........sorry i got no help for you!

I don't believe that a wrist guard will help you correct a dodgy swing. A wrist guard will generally aid in getting a little more lift by preventing the wrist from breaking.
If you are swinging the ball behind your back and across your body then you are probably muscling the ball. You need to do drills to practice letting the ball swing in a pendulum motion. Practice this lots!!
Graeme

granat said:
I don't believe that a wrist guard will help you correct a dodgy swing. A wrist guard will generally aid in getting a little more lift by preventing the wrist from breaking.
If you are swinging the ball behind your back and across your body then you are probably muscling the ball. You need to do drills to practice letting the ball swing in a pendulum motion. Practice this lots!!
Graeme

yeh i know, i just thought that it could help

For a developing bowler, a wrist guard is not a bad idea...

Depends a bit upon your style - are you a stroker, cranker or tweener?

Crankers can't use wrist-guards effectively by virtue of the fact that often their revs are produced by breaking their wrists deliberately.

BUT - wristguards definately increase consitency, and help you develop strength and muscle memory while you use them. I used one for about two years before I developed a game without it. I still carry three different ones in my bag for practice occassionally or correcting faults if I feel them developing (actually I lie, I only carry 2 now, I gave one away)....

If you are a developing bowler it is certainly worth considering (which you obviously are), but I would seek the advice of a coach before buying one. Get yourself a couple of coaching lessons and see what the coach says...

Some wrist guards cost over $110, so spending $40 - $50 in a couple of coaching sessions would be well worth while (and half the cost of a wrist guard). It may turn out that you need one, but at least you will know for sure and the coach will explain to you why and how best to use it (as well as the best one to get for your situation).

Whatever you decide, good luck with it!!!

PB

yeh , the person that helps me says that it won't help me for my problems....

But im going to get professional coaching so we will se how it goes, hopefully my problems will be fixed

thanks though

Who are u going to go see i would say patrick but wait till he comes back from NT but yes i would see patrick but's up 2 u

KnuckleHead said:
Who are u going to go see i would say patrick but wait till he comes back from NT but yes i would see patrick but's up 2 u

yeh offcourse im seeing patrick :p
i bowl at morrabbin, when did he go to NZ?

Jase_Mate,

I recommend giving Moorabbin Bowl a call, and ask the staff there. They are likely to know something about his coming back.

Good luck with your coaching. Patrick is fantastic at explaining things.

The 9-pin wonderboy said:
Jase_Mate,

I recommend giving Moorabbin Bowl a call, and ask the staff there. They are likely to know something about his coming back.

Good luck with your coaching. Patrick is fantastic at explaining things.

mmm yeh i bowled last night, he is comming back on the 3rd of october

Back
Top Bottom