Why Queensland men can't win Rachuig

Thanks for clarifying that Morty, I have cut and pasted some TBA rules and taking them into account could you answer the following

Operation of State/Territory/Zone Team Selection Committees V1.2 6-1-07

viii) The names of all persons involved in the actual selection of team personnel must be made known to those persons competing for the team positions

Can you please state the people who made the decision to elevate team members above other team members?

At the commencement of the selection process it was clearly stated that 'coaches' were responsible for selecting the teams, did they select the 2 new teams including the decision to elevate people above other people?

If they didn't who were the people who allowed you back into the team and decided to place different reserves into the line ups?

As you clearly didn't bowl State champs or any tournament that I can see in the last 6 months, why have you been elevated into the No.1 team over other members of the 2nd team who have met all their coaching requirements, attended State champs and pro-actively bowled in events in Australia in preparation for Nationals?

What is my current status? Am I reserve? If someone pulls out do I get back in? Am I going to be refunded the monies I have already paid?

Looking forward to hearing back from you

Hey George...

You Didn't happen to check while you were there to see if there is a rule on being Disciplined For ‘Bringing A Sport Into Disrepute’...

If there is such a thing i am sure TBA could have a field day with this thread alone...

p.s Has anyone had there Sanction suspended for any length of time????

to answer one of your questions george

As you clearly didn't bowl State champs or any tournament that I can see in the last 6 months

so association challenge is not a tournament then?
it is just another 5 man team tournament which is full every year.
i do believe that morty and brando bowled in it this year as i was there to witness it.

Wow. I really had no idea how much you thought our QLD Teams sucked George!

I think QLD has every opportunity to win Rachuig as any other team does. On the whole, it does NOT matter where you stand in the rankings, how many tournaments you have won or even how many 300's you have bowled...its purely on how well you bowl on the day of the roll offs. Anyone deserves to represent their state. Even if they dont have the money to travel around the world and compete in every tournament.

Bowling has become a battle of the favourites. Especially in cases where the team is just picked. And it really is a shame because so many talented bowlers are being overlooked because these clicks that are formed. I myself can honestly say that if I ever tried out for an team which got picked based on who we are...I would most definately not get in. Why? Because I am not a common face in the crowd and I am not in the QLD "click".

If you look at all the people that are in the top 10 rankings that George stated in an earlier post...how many of them are well off for money? ALL OF THEM! I believe every team should be determined by a roll off. None of this "resume" bullsh!t. Because your resume could have on it that you've done all these tournaments, your sponsored and your ranked number 1 in the world but on the day...you might bowl absolute crap. Noone ever knows how they are going to bowl. So why don't you give people who don't have the luxury to build their resume up a chance.

Tony Hamilton and Darrin Comrie are two of QLD's BEST bowlers. But I dont see them in the rankings. Why? Maybe because they have a FAMILY and don't have the time to travel all over the world. But just because they arent in the rankings, doesn't mean they arent good bowlers or deserve to be representing their sate.

Thats my opinion. And if you dont like it, then iv got two words for ya...SUCK IT!!!

This is my personal opinion, I'm not asking anyone to agree

All I want is accountability and answers......

In the haste to criticise, some of us need to be reminded that if it were not for certain people there would not be an Invitational Team at all this year.

2 people and 2 people alone, Morty Douglass and Rob Buckley, were the prime movers in presenting the plan to retain an Invitational Team and to unite Queensland. It was due to their efforts alone that the Board was persuaded to continue with an Invitational Team.

To date, the majority of TBAQ Board members have not become involved in the mechanics and the rights and wrongs of this years process however they are well aware that TBAQ has come in for considerable Internet criticism this year and they will look at all ways and means of correcting this situation next year.

andrew your posts seems to be hinting that morty and robbie would be treated different because of the work they have done away from the lanes .... i hope this isn't the case.

You Didn't happen to check while you were there to see if there is a rule on being Disciplined For ‘Bringing A Sport Into Disrepute’...

well jase if tba follow what the other sports do then george could be up for a $10000 fine ...........:surrender::surrender:

well jase if tba follow what the other sport do then george could be up for a $10000 fine ...........:surrender::surrender:

The only people i would feel sorry for if that happened, is the people he borrowed it off to pay the bill...

Some of George's points are valid, and some of his questions he is asking ALOT of people are wanting answers to aswell. I dont mean any offence to any of the members who are in either teams, I am just trying to understand how the whole "selection" process works... and Morty you say you were put back into the reserves, but then how did you get from reserve to team 1? Isnt it meant to go reserve to team 2, and then someone from team 2 go into team 1? Bit like we were all shocked when Tony wasnt put into a team, and now they have put him straight to where he should be in team 1... why didnt they do that to start with?

I think that regardless of who is in the team, both teams have a chance of winning rachuig, and i hope it is a qld side who does it :) not long to go now!

WOW
As Always put QLD and Rachuig in the one sentence and we generate 5000 pages, 2 million views and a million opinions!
I am not weighing into what I think is right and wrong everyone has their own opinion on it.

The fact remains there are seven guys who are this year’s QLD team and seven guys who are the QLD2 team and you can guarantee that come nationals they will be doing everything they can to win the trophy for the first time, even if there are any differences of opinions personal agendas will be put aside and the teams will be one united unit. All 14 guys competing I am sure would appreciate the support from all these passionate people, one thing for sure is all of the comments have been noted by the players and they are looking forward to bowling and proving a few of the opinions wrong.
In my opinion any team can win this year’s competition, maybe a home crowd advantage could make the difference for our teams, would be nice to see the passion people use on the keyboard at the bowl cheering for your state team!

Excuse the blonde hair here but whats the go with Team 1 and Team 2? And how are they any different from eachother?

"apparently" team 1 was meant to be the top 7 bowlers selected in, and then team 2 was meant to be the selections 8-14. It was stated that if someone was to pull out of team 1 that a member from team 2 will be moved up to replace that person and a reserve moved into team 2.

Kinda confusing so dont worry taya its not just ur hair lol

I'm sorry but I think you've all missed the funniest bit of this whole debate. In Geo's very first post he stated, "I'll be at Rachuig cheering on my mates".

Apparently they will have a house of mirrors at Rachuig this year as this is the only place the mighty Geo will be able to see all his mates.

Now that said, very best of luck to all who have made the commitment to represent this state. Win, lose or draw I know you will have done your best and that should be all any of us can ask for.

Jase, love your posts but they appear to be going straight through to the keeper. May need to be a bit more obvious next time.

Excuse the blonde hair here but whats the go with Team 1 and Team 2? And how are they any different from eachother?

umm 7 different people in each...

1 team has longer d***s than that of the other ...Can you guess which one... :) :)

Oh good! :)

I just dont see what the difference is in the teams. All bowlers on team 2 are just as good as the bowlers on team 1. So why must our bowlers be categorised by "selection"? What a good way to throw in people's faces that no matter how hard they try to be the "best", the more it doesnt count if your not a favourite.

Queensland for a few years now has had 2 teams it started as Nth and Sth and now has progressed to Qld and Qld Invitational...................... the new format this year was to bring the state together as 1 - I for one was looking forward to bowling with our southern counterparts in 1 team.

One thing is for certain - when the time comes we will be all bowling for the same common goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pity there is sooooooo much politics beforehand...................

1 team has longer dicks than that of the other ...Can you guess which one...

............... so george was kicked out of the team .............:p:p:p

do u have another Caster Semenya case here ???????:confused::confused:

............... so george was kicked out of the team .............:p:p:p

do u have another Caster Semenya case here ???????:confused::confused:

Jeff, i think you will find how this differs from the Caster Semenya case, is it wasn't the fact she was a #&NT but the fact she had one...

Back
Top Bottom